Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GXKZHld.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
They should have just delayed it until the week before the next expac since it's such an obvious cash grab.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
  • Like when trying to advance on ladder, you want to use the deck that has highest % win rate against the majority of decks you'll face.

• wow.. you really never comprehended that was the exact point I made.

YOU said
Just gotta figure out what has highest winrate vs Shaman and go with it I imagine.
Which is what I was responding to.

It was never an analogy for the current meta, it's a way to understand how metas change when wins/losses and eliminations are introduced during an event or tournament. I oversimplified the math to make it easier to comprehend, but you still got it wrong and now are acting superior while simultaneously not understanding what was said.

It has nothing to do with MTG itself, it has to do with predicting a meta over the course of a multi-round event, which does apply. It'd be like saying an ELO system only applies to chess. MTG doesn't have 100% winrate decks either.

When you want to really predict the performance of decks, you have to input their actual winrates against each deck, and how many of each deck is involved. That's where things like vicious syndicate's data report comes in, and exactly what they are trying to model. However, you have to combine the winrate graph with the frequency chart to figure out the best overall deck, which is shaman right now.

As for the above statement about playing the best deck against shaman. The answer to that question is freeze or aggro mage, but both are only about 55% against midrange shaman, and shaman is only 14% of the meta right now across all ranks. Even if you factor in that their winrate is being brought down by bad players playing a complicated deck, there's no way it's higher then 60-65% and they also have some really horrible matchups against relatively popular decks, so they still aren't a clear choice.

Until someone finds a new deck to really crush midrange shaman, or beat the rest of the field at a similar rate as them, it's still be the best deck to play for the moment.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

• wow.. you really never comprehended that was the exact point I made.

YOU said
Which is what I was responding to.

Did you not comprehend my 2 sentences?
  • Just gotta figure out what has highest winrate vs Shaman and go with it I imagine.
  • Like when trying to advance on ladder, you want to use the deck that has highest % win rate against the majority of decks you'll face.

I was over-fucking-simplifying the Heroic Brawl meta implying Shaman is going to be everywhere.

It's really not something we needed stupid analogies and a novel about.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should have just delayed it until the week before the next expac since it's such an obvious cash grab.

Even better, they are delaying until right before the announcement. They said not this week, but before Blizzcon, which is when they are announcing. So anyone who doesn't pay as much attention will blow 1K or more before they realize the new expansion is coming.

Which maybe doesn't seem like many but between those who are blindsided and those who just can't help themselves, Blizz will siphon some gold/make some cash out of this thing. And siphoning gold is as good as making cash since lower gold hoards means people are more likely to spend some real coin on the new packs.

This thread is now worse than playing hearthstone.

Both of these dudes will go 3-3 in heroic brawl at most, watch. :p

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have a friend quest if anyone else has one and wants to share.
NVM

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hamster my new hero for bringing a priest. May the light bless him.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember when they nerfed Hunter right before Blizzcon out of embarrassment? I guess they should have nerfed a little harder? I suppose Thrall is as good an avatar for Blizzard as anyone though.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure what format they'll be playing but won't most shamans be banned if they have bans anyway? So the classes you'll see the most of are warrior and druid, which is really the standard tournament lineup and has been forever, even though the decks have evolved over time.

That paladin/priest guy is definitely going for twitch meme shit though.

• 1Like