Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New Patch:

• Ethereal Peddler now reads “Battlecry: If you’re holding any non-Rogue class cards, reduce their Cost by (2).” This was done to make it more clear, especially with upcoming releases.
  • The following Murlocs that affected ALL Murlocs now only affect friendly ones, to improve the Murloc mirror-match. These cards are not eligible for a full dust refund.
    • Grimscale Oracle now reads “Your other Murlocs have +1 Attack.”
    • Coldlight Seer now reads “Battlecry: Give your other Murlocs +2 Health.”
    • Murloc Tidecaller now reas “Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 Attack.”
    • Murloc Warleader now reads “Your other Murlocs have +2/+1.”
  • The following bugs have been squashed:
    • Yogg-Saron, Hope’s End now properly applies the Overload effect when it casts a spell with Overload.
    • Sir Finley Mrrgglton no longer offers Lesser Heal as an option of Hero Powers to Discover when played by Tyrande.
    • Casting Entomb on a transformed minion will no longer reveal the minion’s identity if it gets drawn again.
    • Gladiator’s Longbow now properly prevents damage caused by Explosive Trap.
  • The following card back has been added:
    • Welcome Inn – Acquired by attending BlizzCon 2016 or purchasing a Virtual Ticket for BlizzCon 2016.
  • Many new daily quests have been added.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Daily quests:

bMIGsRf.png

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
75 Murlocs, you can go fuck yourself Blizzard. 75 Battlecry probably even worse.

At least we should get more gold from quests, even if they just got more annoying

Edit: Actually we might get less? I feel like all those 50g quests are going to make it harder to roll 60g ones. Someone would have to math I guess

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
fucking cock suckers. Really getting tired of this game.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Shadowverse is 3 quests daily with a reroll and 100 gold packs, just sayin'.

• 1Like

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Download andyroid or bluestacks and play it on pc just fine? They (shadowverse) are coming out with a steam version at some point as well.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Shadowverse is 3 quests daily with a reroll and 100 gold packs, just sayin'.
I don't like how you can't really go infinite in Take Two. You need to average like 90% win rate for that, which isn't feasible in a card game.

First world problems.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
tl;dr is yes

It's pretty nearly objectively better hearthstone, at least in the sense of mechanic depth/class variety. The evolution system that handles going first vs going second makes the coin look like a joke, where certain decks even prefer going second. f2p model is more accessible than hearthstone in terms of acquiring cards. I have a feeling this will change at the very high ranks when you're looking to play 100% optimal decks that might call for 3 copies of 3 different legendaries, but I can't confirm yet as I'm not there.

The only real downsides are how goddamn weeby it is, and no actual PC client yet so you're either playing on a phone or a shitty emulator.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Elder Scrolls one looks nice at first glance too, although I haven't personally played it. I'm biased because they took my idea for the coin and used it though (the "coin" is actually a 3-use thing, max 1 per turn)

It might be a less weeby option for those of you that just can't even. Although I enjoy the art in ES and SV so far more than HS :p

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I will definitely play some shadowverse when they get a PC version.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty nearly objectively better hearthstone, at least in the sense of mechanic depth/class variety. The evolution system that handles going first vs going second makes the coin look like a joke, where certain decks even prefer going second. f2p model is more accessible than hearthstone in terms of acquiring cards. I have a feeling this will change at the very high ranks when you're looking to play 100% optimal decks that might call for 3 copies of 3 different legendaries, but I can't confirm yet as I'm not there.
I'm at B2 and I see netdecks with multiple legendaries every game unless it's aggro.

Shadowverse Rant, spoilering because it's not really Hearthstone and I don't feel like starting a thread just to complain about a game.
The game is starting to show its cracks.

Evolution System:
The second player gets an extra evolution, can use it a turn earlier, and draws an extra card on the first turn. In some decks this leads to an advantage of going second by up to 13% due to some of the crazy evolutions in this game. This is pretty bad since you have no control over who gets to go first. In the arena system I don't know if stats are taken, but everybody seems to aggre going second is a pretty huge advantage there as well. The worst this gets in Hearthstone is in Arena with Warlock having a differential of 11% if they go first vs second, and everybody agrees that's a huge unbalance.

Catching up:
The pay option in Shadowverse is more expensive than Hearthstone.. And unlike Hearhtstone, you cannot realistically go infinite in their Arena. You quickly get tons of arena tickets and pack tickets as you rack up achivements, then they slowly trickle away. So while the daily rewards are better here, once you're experienced and good, you're not going to get your gold rupees any faster.

Deck costs:
Because of the way legendaries are in this game, you'll need around 3-6 per top end deck barring aggro decks, and most of the good ones are class specific so there is little overlap between the decks (No Sylvannas or Ragnaros decisions for the most part). So there are around 5 top end decks which are about as expensive as control warrior in RL money terms. Aggro is of course cheap, but aggro kinda sucks in Shadowverse.

Combos:
Avoid this game if you don't like being combo'd out. There are I believe three or so hard combo decks which OTK you. And it is quite typical for you to lose half of your life with no board from the opponents side even if the other deck ISN'T combo. Every class gets their own Leeroy Jenkins equivalent.

Reward for playing:
You get a one time payment for reaching a new rank, you get a one time payment for achieving a certain number of wins (per class). You do NOT get a constant payment per 3 wins, the best way to advance in this game is to do your dailies and log out.

Rant off.

• 1Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Wow those quests are shit. Just less chance to get watch and learn/total domination/play a friend.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The 20 taunt quest is ass. It doesn't even count Druid of the Claw, Ancient of War, etc. Things that get taunt conditionally. It doesn't count shit like the dudes summoned by hogger or anything

Aweful :(

• 1Like