Hearthstone

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
My gold sylvanas will be nice to DE I guess, but I'm more worried this just establishes a pretty bad precedent for them to be following. Yes, they claim this is the "last" round of big changes, but thus far every cycle of nerfs has been nothing but hammering what is popular. So how long is the next crop of top-tier decks going to get their moment in the spotlight before they all get crippled as well? It just isn't the way to balance a CCG.

And I'm not even sure how or if you play constructed warriors anymore. Warsong was very nearly their best card, and it's nearly unplayable now. What do they have left? Some janky pirate build?
I don't know what you're talking about. I have a Warrior deck that does really well and I only have 1 Warsong in there and it's not even important. Most of the times I drop it to make them freak out and force their removal on it. There's so many different types of great Warrior decks that don't rely on Warsong.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
"I'm DEing my sylvannas now"

Would you just fucking listen to yourself? Even at 6 costs she's an amazing legendary, it's not like the Black Knight or the Beast are strictly better than her now. At 5 cost it wasn't even close. I really do understand why you might feel like changes made to cards in a card game are detrimental to the game, but the things you are saying just make you sound like stupid whiny bitches.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I kinda think that nerfing the Warsong Commander to minions with 3 attack or less is a little too harsh. I think 4 attack would be a better number so that you can play it late game with things like Chillwind Yeti, Cairne, etc.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I kinda think that nerfing the Warsong Commander to minions with 3 attack or less is a little too harsh. I think 4 attack would be a better number so that you can play it late game with things like Chillwind Yeti, Cairne, etc.
It's too harsh for sure and I probably won't play it anymore, but people saying it was the only good Warrior card or the staple etc. are being dramatic.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
"I'm DEing my sylvannas now"

Would you just fucking listen to yourself? Even at 6 costs she's an amazing legendary, it's not like the Black Knight or the Beast are strictly better than her now. At 5 cost it wasn't even close. I really do understand why you might feel like changes made to cards in a card game are detrimental to the game, but the things you are saying just make you sound like stupid whiny bitches.
I don't have cairne yet, I think it is worth discussing deing sylvanas for cairne. Cairne you get another 4/5 if he's not silenced. Sylvanas you may get nothing or you may get a 2/1 or something; look at how strong harvest golem is because of his death rattle.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Taking a break from this game, always hated auto match making and last night was no different. I have done maybe 6 arenas total and they put me up against constructed decks that consist of no less than 3 legendaries, including Pat the fishing dude on turn one(thanks coin) drew cards for him every turn.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Cairne is probably better than Sylvanas now for sure. At least it's worth discussing. That's fine, they are the same mana cost. Sylvanas still has 1 more damage so if both are silenced she's strictly better. If neither are silenced Sylvannas usually doesn't offer as much but your opponent is forced to play around her more. In optimal conditions though she's still better since she removes a minion from their board and puts a minion on yours. That's almost a guaranteed tempo swing.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taking a break from this game, always hated auto match making and last night was no different. I have done maybe 6 arenas total and they put me up against constructed decks that consist of no less than 3 legendaries, including Pat the fishing dude on turn one(thanks coin) drew cards for him every turn.
I feel like that then I'll watch the streamers go 0 and 15 and realize everyone gets bad starts or bad hands.

Makes me want to hurt children though

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like that then I'll watch the streamers go 0 and 15 and realize everyone gets bad starts or bad hands.

Makes me want to hurt children though
Its weird how this game works, some nights it seems like nothing can go wrong and then others you go full tilt, your opponent always has the right card and every single random element doesn't go your way. Last night was one of those nights for me. Like playing 4 druids in a row so I switch to slow control pally deck and then face a mirror match to lose by 1 hp after both players have gone through all our cards and then aggro decks that have just enough to finish me off when the first deck I was playing fares much better against aggro decks.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I had some good runs yesterday with shaman decks in arena. Nothing too crazy and never any legendaries but just above average cards overall. First time ever I actually ended the day making gold. The biggest issue for me now is getting stuck with classes I don't know how to play as choices to pick from. My lack of experience with them really makes it hard to develop decks with any synergy. Shaman, pally, warcocks or mages and I do OK. Throw up Hunter, Priest and Warrior as choices and I might as well retire at 0-0 and try again.

The Master

Bronze Squire
So you're telling me there isn't one Shaman deck that beats everything. Color me surprised.

And when is the next Rerolled tourney? Get on it bro.
It is more that a Shaman can be built to deal with one kind of deck but then auto-loses to everything else. Like a Paladin can cheap minions+consecrate+weapons to deal with rush and it can Aldor+Equality+Divine Shields to deal with late game, but all of that fits in the same deck and works vs both. So a Paladin can win in all match ups with decent odds. A Shaman can get those odds only in one match up and only by sacrificing all others. Kind of sucks.

Also:

Rerolled Hearthstone Tournament Redux

Vote for what day you want the next tournament!

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't have cairne yet, I think it is worth discussing deing sylvanas for cairne. Cairne you get another 4/5 if he's not silenced. Sylvanas you may get nothing or you may get a 2/1 or something; look at how strong harvest golem is because of his death rattle.
Cairne + redemption is fun.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I still think they need a neutral card that deals with secrets, it's weird that the only way to interact with secrets is play into them, or Flare. Secretkeeper should consume all secrets(even yours) and get +2/+2 if secrets are consumed(just once, not per secret). Then put the cost to 2. Potentially to 3, but buff the basic stats to 2/2 or something like that.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The Sylvanas nerf is, probably, the least offensive of the nerfs this time around (not counting Defender of Argus where the notes could have read "Increased the amount of dust you receive for two weeks when disenchanting Defender of Argus oh, and by the way, we're lowering his attack by 1 which means absolutely zero in the grand scheme of things"). I could see a case being made for disenchanting her for another powerful Legendary but nobody should be saying "She's worthless now! Disenchants away!" or disenchanting a golden version to craft a regular Sylvanas + other stuff.

Cairne is actually a good debate though as to which is better. I still think Sylvanas, when played properly, is the better because she forces silences/removal, really unfavorable trades or she steals something. But overall the mana increase isn't that huge. Most people weren't playing her on turn 5 anyway. I've been watching streamers who explain the best way to play her is when you've lost board control but it's not so helpless that you're going to get overrun next turn anyway (example, I have 2 minions and my opponent has 4, throwing down Sylvanas at this point is a good play).

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I need to craft a Cairne I think - I've had some lousy runs yesterday, every deck I faced had just the right combo of cards to answer me or I would kill them next turn.

The changes are okay, I think nerfing net decks into the ground is not the right way to go - you should coddle and enforce new and interesting mechanics and ways to win, not restrict them. Facing an OTK warrior? You should know how to handle what they throw at you - just facethrowing minions at them to kill them the old fashioned way gets you dead - so you are forced to think outside the box.

I'm looking forward to alternate win condition cards eventually being implemented too - Things like if your opponent runs out of cards before you, you win, or maintaining 30 life for 10 different turns, that kind of thing.

I think Warlock and Druid decks will be the powerhouse decks now. Warrior OTK still has great combo but the charge change means you cant charge Alex anymore, so you can't even do a 2 turn setup kill.

Druid has always been a huge value board control class with Swipe and big minions. Warlock is more risky but way more rewarding. Paladin is up there too but relies too much on outlasting with heals - which control decks don't care about. I have 2 owls in my deck for 2 very specific types of cards. Versus paladins it's always Tirion and Sylvannas. Versus anyone else its usually to apply pressure with my Ancient Watcher, to unfreeze a minion, and Sylvannas.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
To be fair I don't think "Giants" is a deck type. They are just an auto-include as a VERY efficient minion for its mana cost. You will eventually be down enough life to utilize them unless you are smashing - in which case it doesn't matter.

It's like saying decks that include Harvest Golem are Golem decks. =P