Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to have to agree with whoever said it earlier. But with the rotation, Swashburglar is just sooo dirty good. It will almost always pull a minion now and nearly always a good minion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Taunt warrior lists are far from optimized yet. Here's mine from last night and I also found Sjow's to compare:

Ravishing Taunt Warrior

Sjow Taunt Warrior
---------

So I modeled my list after Sjow's original list which had Deathwing but I did a lot of changes based on meta and it's relatively close to the changes Sjow has made. I actually was planning to add Bloodhoof back in since I'm missing my 4 drop. I might try the 2x Drake in lieu of Deathwing, but Deathwing has actually come through in a pinch multiple times. I guess Drake+Fishes is good enough in most cases and is also a 10 mana combo that won't discard your hand. Drake also a taunt so probably a better choice. Deathwing is good vs other taunt warriors though since hero power can't kill him and he'll wipe out other warrior's board easily.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taunt warrior lists are far from optimized yet. Here's mine from last night and I also found Sjow's to compare:

Ravishing Taunt Warrior
Mine is -1 acolyte, +1 shield block, -2 sleeping with the fishes, +2 bloodhoof brave, -1 direhorn hatchling, +1 primordial drake, -1 deathwing, +1 king mosh.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a shaman quest and had most the cards for elemental shaman except the new shaman legendary and since its clearly a very good card went ahead and crafted it. Tried Ozruk just to see and he's as trash as anyone would expect, ended up removing him because he was always just sitting in my hand or not impactful. I put a spirit echo in my deck, the 3 mana spell that gives all your minions deathrattle add this minion to your hand, and it is amazing. Really easy to get good value out of it, and you have the elementals that reduce elementals cost so its easier opportunity to get the buff on multiple minions. And there are so many cards you don't mind more copies of servants of kalimos, for more discovery and more value, fire elementals, blaze callers, stone sentinels, kalimos. Really enjoying the deck.
Deck list is
2x Fire fly
1x bloodmage thalnos
2x fire plume harbinger
2x flametongue totem
1x kobold geomancer
2x maelstrom portal
1x spirit claws
2x hex
1x hot spring guardian
2x igneous elemental
1x lightning storm
1x spirit echo
2x tar creeper
1x evolved kobold
1x tol'vir stoneshaper
2x servant of kalimos
2x fire elemental
2x blazecaller
1x stone sentinel
1x kalimos
I swapped one kobold geomancer for evolved kobold simply because I have a golden evolved kobold, but it has fit in nicely also. Debating on swapping the tol'vir stoneshaper for a 2nd hot spring guardian or something else maybe. You have to be careful in that the stoneshaper is not an elemental, I made the mistake twice already playing fire plume harbinger thinking I'd get a discount on it. Kalimos is so versatile, his 12 point heal has saved me on multiple occasions already.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I missed out on taunt war bad. Stuck until hopefully end of month to get the quest.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Decks that seem strong and I want to try out:
Elemental Shaman
Sherazin Rogue
Deathrattle Priest
Lyra Priest
Handlock

I really do not think Quest Rogue/Exodia Mage are top tier decks,
These decks listed above & Taunt Warrior all seem much stronger.
Sherazin rogue is actually stupid strong from my experiences

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I missed out on taunt war bad. Stuck until hopefully end of month to get the quest.

Yeah I banked on thinking discard lock was fun now I need to wait to get the cards together for Ele sham. But its fine. I have a good priest deck, murloc shaman, quest rogue and taunt warrior to play with for the time being.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So far I've crafted:

Rogue Quest
Priest Quest
Mage Quest
Hunter Quest
Warrior Quest
Kalimos Legendary Bro

Primordial Drake x1 (opened the other).

And about 12 good rares like Crystaline Oracle/Mimic Pod/Mirage Caller. Had to disenchant my golden Rag/Sylv for dust (always like to keep a 5k buffer for any new finds), but overall I've crafted a shit ton. It's pretty lame that they've made these quests so integral and fun and yet legendary and seemingly rarer than other legendaries. All they needed to do was change out that Rogue quest for Maieve with something that allowed people to pick a quest of their choice and it would have been much better. Or you know, make one neutral legendary that any class can play that initiates their quest. It's pretty messed up, but I'm lucky to have excess dust from my arena days. My gf has played like 45 mins+ of HS every day for over a year now, outlasting me, and yet she hasn't really been playing much at all since the release, even though she was able to craft 3 quests. it's just too daunting if you aren't willing to drop $100+. And that seems to be the story for many people if you read the reddit.

Anyways the only thing I regret crafting so far is the Mage quest. I just don't see the point. If you last that long and control that hard you are going to win most of the time anyways. And I also just don't like it, maybe a better list will come out and I'll try it and like it, but it's the only quest that I've crafted and dislike. I have no interest in crafting the Paladin/Warlock/Druid quest whatsoever and only a slight interest in the Shaman quest.

The quests I've crafted are all pretty equally fun and I'm really happy with how fun they are and impressed with there being so many cool (so far viable) decks out there. The Priest is probably my favorite, even though it has very little to do with the quest and more with the other shenanigans it can do.

Fun levels for me personally: Priest > Rogue > Elemental Shaman > Warrior > Hunter > Mage.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Decks that seem strong and I want to try out:
Elemental Shaman
Sherazin Rogue
Deathrattle Priest
Lyra Priest
Handlock

I really do not think Quest Rogue/Exodia Mage are top tier decks,
These decks listed above & Taunt Warrior all seem much stronger.
Sherazin rogue is actually stupid strong from my experiences
Divine spirit/inner fire deck is a thing too.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Divine spirit/inner fire deck is a thing too.

It's annoying that Inner Fire isn't working properly on the tar guys and that Amara is not working as her wording states (she kills you if you play her with an Auchenai Soulpriest out), which is stupid, it clearly words "set your health" just like Alexstrasza does. Come on Blizzard, come on.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Why do you bitch about random shit that almost never happens or matters? Auch in Amara deck doesn't even seem good. I guess some people are proccing eggs with Auch or some crap but the good decks aren't running it, it's way too slow. Usually you want to Argus your eggs.

Also Innerfire works just fine on Tar guy, it doesn't gain the +2 attack on opponent turn which shouldn't matter if you're using your inner fire for your own attacks lol.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think bitching that Blizz uses the same words to mean two different mechanics is fair though

• 1Like

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know exactly where the Quest Rogue falls out tier wise, but its absolutely God Tier for causing me to rage uncontrollably.

• 2Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Inner Fire works exactly like it's supposed to.
Does it? If that were the case the minions attack would lower whenever you damaged it, like a light spawn; but I don't believe that is the case with an inner fire'd minion, or is it?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does it? If that were the case the minions attack would lower whenever you damaged it, like a light spawn; but I don't believe that is the case with an inner fire'd minion, or is it?

You don't expect me to fact check my arbitrary proclamations before I make them do you?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
This expansion is really weird so far IMO. I just don't really know what direction the meta is going. It almost seems like everything is sort of viable, with the usual caveats applying to you drawing poorly or your opponent getting a god draw.

• Hunter seems ok to good. The quest maybe not so much, but midrange seems ok, face is probably good, and I bet some version of deathrattle is ok.
  • Druid seems alright. I've seen jades still doing ok as long as it's not vs aggro. The quest seems ok but not great. I've seen some ramp style decks and some pretty nasty looking token/egg type decks.
  • Mage is in a mediocre spot. I think there's some version of quest mage that will work, but it's not exodia. Perhaps something between freeze and elementals will work. There's also aggro secret and tempo decks out there that are decent. But nothing seems OP. They'll likely end up in the middle ranks somewhere.
  • Priest has several decks that are good. Quest priest is ok, with many variations on that deck, including highlander decks. Dragon priests are still out there. Silence/purify priest is legit and fun. And several variants of spell(? unsure of what to call it) priest with Lyra Sunshard.
  • Paladin seems bad, but I've seen control decks, murloc decks, buff quest decks (which seem bad), elemental handbuff decks, and weird combinations of all of the above. So there might be something viable out there that someone finds.
  • Rogue seems strong right now, with many decks being tried. Malygos, miracle, tons of quest rogue variants, stealth decks, and jade decks.
  • Shaman is in a good place with elemental decks and murloc decks. Both seem very strong. I bet there's also some control decks to be discovered too. And aggro shaman is probably still lurking somewhere. Shaman's flexibility is still a strength.
  • Warlock seems limited to discard/zoo and handlock variants right now, and the quest seems bad. It seems like people aren't experimenting with Lock as much as other classes.
  • Warrior is in a strong place right now with taunt warrior being very good. I think it isn't optimized yet though. Pirate warrior is still out there, but I think it won't be quite as oppressive as before since it seems like classes have a lot more counters for it now.
So with all of that, what the hell do you craft? With each class having multiple archetypes that all seem to have potential, at least at this early point, I have no idea. I really don't want to drop any more money on the game, but it seems like if you want to keep up with the meta, you have to. I really don't like the concept of pay to win in these kinds of games. It used to be only a few control decks that were that way about a year ago, with costs in the 10-13k dust range. Now everything costs like 7-9k dust, and each variant has a DIFFERENT 7-9k dust you need, since everything seems to take class specific legendaries and tons of epics which are almost as rare to open, at least for me.

So play wise, the game seems to be in ok shape, especially compared to the pirate meta we just had, but cost wise it's terrible.

• 1Like