Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This is just your standard BG game..... Pretty ridiculous

1650395417334.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My MMR has started to recover, going back the right direction (ignore that sudden valley, I played a couple games on EU where I have 0 MMR and it includes those). That 6.7k valley after hitting 8.7k was rough

1650827374398.png

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That’a pretty much where I am too, low 8k, and probably won’t get any higher. Lack of a deck tracker and inability to play high apm builds due to tablet is holding me back somewhat.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I agree Naga sounds pretty garbage.

I guess not in the patch notes, but supposedly buddies are being removed. I guess that is guessable since the new hero doesn't show a buddy.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am ok with buddies being removed. The power some of them provide is ridiculous.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They render more than half of heroes pretty unplayable and they turn the game into a linear progression focused on themselves. Its not great imo.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing BGs for balance or skill is lying to themselves when they have had no real direction in years and the clear case of it not being balanced around potato MMR players nor 12k+ mmr players. It's a time waster equivalent to candy crush for people who like card games.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They render more than half of heroes pretty unplayable and they turn the game into a linear progression focused on themselves. Its not great imo.
I feel like this is kind of just an excuse for their lack of balance. Having no buddies doesn't change this, it just makes different heroes unplayable. I think the buddies made a wider variety of strats viable. Taking them out is going to make it so fewer lines of play actually work

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this is kind of just an excuse for their lack of balance. Having no buddies doesn't change this, it just makes different heroes unplayable. I think the buddies made a wider variety of strats viable. Taking them out is going to make it so fewer lines of play actually work
Buddies are now all about a single line of play though. Cant reduce that any further. Removing buddies will open up other options. Game will no longer be just about getting your buddy asap.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just going down the list from top 5% MMR, for heroes that force you on a very narrow line. Battlegrounds Heroes

Mutanus, and he's probably unplayable without the buddy
Millhouse somewhat encourages shenanigans on 4, until you are strong enough to get to 6, and you're just trying to force comps
AFK. Honestly people play AFK bad with the buddy, you shouldn't just be sitting on 3. You should be using the buddy as a huge tempo boost to let you level and convert into a real comp.
Overlord Saurfang is pretty much Mechs or bust, and he's grossly unplayable without the buddy
Aranna's buddy really wants you to play cycle comps, and she's unplayable without the buddy
Curator but the buddy is just doing what the hero power does anyways.
Guff is a pretty terribly designed buddy that never should have been what it is
Onyxia kind of wants you to just force avenge stuff, but she's a garbage can hero anyways

That's really it imo for very narrow buddies. The reality is the buddies are generally just increase tempo for doing what your hero is better at doing anyways. All removing buddies is going to do is lower the power level/tempo, people are going to power to 6 even more. It's going to be boring and annoying, and in a month everyone's going to hate it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sefin is still in unless I missed something, and the new 6 drop in the video can be poison divine shield (it just doesn't have a tribe so you're not going to scale it like dons)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Murlocs aren't in all games. That Naga card should make things OK though. Otherwise games would be just about one or two big stated minions.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like bgs are going back to playing like when quillboars first released. That fucking sucked.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
1 star naga 3/1 battlecry add a coin to your hand
4 star naga 2/8 spellcraft give a minion +1/1 and windfury
5 star naga 2/2 start of combat double this minions stats (gold is triple). Start of combat so shouldn't keep those stats
6 star quillboar 6/7 after you spend 4 gold play a blood gem on 4 friend quillboar. They are also removing Flat Tusk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user