Hearthstone

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I got a Malygos in my last arena and I haven't drawn that yet. Also lost to a Malygos in constructed in a Druid deck... he put it out and next round took me from 25 > dead with boosted spells. Ouch.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I wish I knew someone else who was in beta. Was watching Day9's prep for the tournament he got invited to and the fact that he just had a world-class card guy he could call and talk to about his arena drafts and what not was pretty awesome. I am still losing pretty often in arena and I figure it has to be my card choices, because in my constructed decks I'm doing pretty well.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Myself and two friends set up twitch streaming just to watch each other draft and play while in arena. Makes it pretty fun and hilarious to see the bad luck and silly shit that can go on. Makes the game so much more of a social experience. It was really easy to set up the streaming, but spectator mode should really be something standard in the game.
Did the same thing with my girlfriend, was actually a lot of fun. We swap back and forth (her account) and just share the screen in Skype. I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but the gold grind is retarded. Arena rewards are absurdly bad, and there just needs to be more quests and gold or dust in general. This game has so much potential. Imagine a small story mode or "raids" with different unique AI bosses that have unique monster only cards and such. It would be fantastic. You could move along a board like a level of Donkey Kong or some shit, move from one world to the next with different flavored bosses. Add that to ranked+arena for a great game. But right now, playing as F2P, it would take over a year and a half of playing a couple hours a day to get almost every card. that's nutty.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've got 9 wins with everyone now except warlock. Best I've managed so far is 5. Can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or warlocks are just awful =\

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I def use Trumps guides, it helped me immensely. I just wanted to QQ some after getting hosed back to back in drafts.

Needless / TheMaster - add me if you want some practice Luxury#1795

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Warlocks are pretty awesome, first time I drafted him in arena I went 9-1. Every other time I've done very well with him except 1 time I may have only gotten 3 wins just due to a bad draft.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah Warlocks are really good, your main tools/win conditions are (1) early drops that have better stats than they should because of health/discard cost and (2) putting out at least 2 minions to every one that your opponent can put out in the late game, because you are drawing twice as many of them per turn.

Warlocks also aren't AS dependent on the class cards as some other classes, because they still work really well with neutral minions. Don't get me wrong, the class cards are some of the best, but compared to another class both drafting 0 class cards, warlock will tend to do better.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Didn't know about Trump's draft guide, that is pretty handy. Advice isn't terribly different from what I've been doing, but still handy.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So infuriating to lose to a horribly bad, careless player just because they obviously blew $300 on packs.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I encountered an odd behavior this morning, I'm wondering if it was strategic or not.

From turns 2-6, my opponent (who was down, but not by much) kept letting the timer expire on his turn after finishing his actions. After the 2nd time he did it, I started responding in kind, letting the timer expire on my turn while making coffee, watch TV, etc. Then, on turn 7, he suddenly played his turn quickly. I responded by doing the same. However, I think he was slow playing to try to lull me into giving a free turn. Like I was going to wander off and he was going to catch me with a quick play.

Then I steamrolled in the late game. Feels good man.

Juvarisx

Florida
bconOpening24.jpg

They also just annoucned an iPhone and Android version

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Play a budget priest and mind-control/destroy/silence/copy-summon all of their flashy cards.PizzaPokerGuys 3 Star Masters 0 Epic, 0 Legendary Low Cost Priest Deck - Hearthstone Decks
That's not really the point though. Priest is going to get nerfed anyways, it definitely needs it. That said, my girlfriend plays a Priest and I tried her deck and it definitely was a lot of fun. I just don't have that "one class" mindset. I got onto her account and literally filled out the other 7-8 slots immediately and got all the basic sets. I like playing all of them.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I encountered an odd behavior this morning, I'm wondering if it was strategic or not.

From turns 2-6, my opponent (who was down, but not by much) kept letting the timer expire on his turn after finishing his actions. After the 2nd time he did it, I started responding in kind, letting the timer expire on my turn while making coffee, watch TV, etc. Then, on turn 7, he suddenly played his turn quickly. I responded by doing the same. However, I think he was slow playing to try to lull me into giving a free turn. Like I was going to wander off and he was going to catch me with a quick play.

Then I steamrolled in the late game. Feels good man.
I'm pretty sure that tactic is used with the sole purpose of getting opponents to quit out of boredom.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Apparently there is a bug where you can lock the timer. Maybe they are trying and failing to pull it off? It involves letting the timer get almost to zero and then playing certain cards. Once you pull it off just afk until your opponent leaves. Stupid.