Hearthstone

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
So I just started playing the game after months of being away. I don't have a single legendary or rare to my name. I'm only rank 26. Should I even bother playing? Will I always be raped in casual play?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Welp, there's a "Legend" Majordomo mage making the rounds and people suck at playing it. 2x free wins in a row so far. This will be a fun couple days until people realize the deck is bad.
Wow, just looked that up - it looks horrendous.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd love for a e3 announcement but I certainly wouldn't count on it. Didn't they wait to announce GvsG till November(blizzcon) then release in December? I'd expect that to repeat given blizzard doesn't normally use e3 for announcements

Brand

Molten Core Raider
That's clever - not much that would've screwed him there - charge murloc or spare parts to flip stats are the only ones coming to mind. [and later he'd know if it was possible - and the former never gets run]
Iceblock would have worked as well.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Ko Dokomo_sl said:
So I just started playing the game after months of being away. I don't have a single legendary or rare to my name. I'm only rank 26. Should I even bother playing? Will I always be raped in casual play?
First, play ranked. It seems counter-intuitive but you are matched against other people of similar rank. I started on casual as well about 3 months ago and moving to ranked play and it was way better. The only exception to this is that every month the ladder is reset and people have to fight their way back up. In the first few days of the month lower ranks (like 15 - 20) can be a little rough.

Second there are some seriously nice decks that you can use that are cheap. Legendaries help but fundamentals are the most important. If you have the fundamentals down you'll make rank 15+ every month regardless of the deck. This is the point where legendaries start becoming required.

Third while you're building decks and relearning the game save all your gold (or use real money) to buy the Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain expansions. There are cards you get in them that are pretty much required. Sludge Belcher in Naxx and Emperor Thaurissan in Blackrock are probably the two most important. But there is a ton of good cards in both. Persoanlly I recommend buying them but some people like farming the gold to purchase them that way.

Finally and most importantly have fun. Play what you like and don't worry about the rest. If you start getting more serious about the play start watching some streamers while you play Hearth (assuming you have dual monitor setup). I watch Trump a lot. there is a youtube series he did called Trump Teachings which is awesome for beginners or for relearning the mechanics.