Hearthstone

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Probably just a bug with the golden cards showing up in Arena.

It's evident that Blizz doesn't give two shits about that format as proven by the Warsong nerf.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do I keep seeing that come up? Warrior was already dogshit in arena. I never remember meeting one with a WC and getting my ass kicked as a result. There's lots of better evidence that they don't care about the format, more specifically that they are mismanaging it at best and are completely clueless at worst.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Why do I keep seeing that come up? Warrior was already dogshit in arena. I never remember meeting one with a WC and getting my ass kicked as a result. There's lots of better evidence that they don't care about the format, more specifically that they are mismanaging it at best and are completely clueless at worst.
I agree. Warsong didn't suddenly pop up in the latest expansion and Warrior wasn't suddenly dogshit. Warrior has been a really bad arena class for a long time and Warsong never changed that. Much more upset that the new pally power card allows two in the deck and is ridiculous in both formats. They obviously don't play test at all.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Much more upset that the new pally power card allows two in the deck and is ridiculous in both formats. They obviously don't play test at all.
Challenger or Murloc Knight? MC isn't really powerful for arena, you're rarely going to see one and who will pick very many paladin secrets on the off chance? Murloc Knight in arena though is out of control, and its a nice card in constructed too. Especially for standard midrange pally, but it can work with the secret shell too.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Why do I keep seeing that come up? Warrior was already dogshit in arena. I never remember meeting one with a WC and getting my ass kicked as a result.
They've decided to sidestep the opportunity to nerf WC so it is no longer viable for constructed but good for Arena.

You don't see it in Arena much because it is very average card. A 3mana 2/3 basically gets wrecked by nearly all 2 drops and Arena is all about board control.

Considering it is a class common, you get to see it a lot as a choice in Warrior Arena drafts. If they altered the stats to 3mana - 3/4 - Give +1 attack to charge minions, it would still be unusable in constructed but a decent card for Warrior in Arena. That puts it very slightly above Spider Tank which itself is not excellent but still a solid card that you might draft.

But no, by keeping it a 2/3 along with the nerf, they made a maybedraft card into a fuckamigoingtodraftthatpieceofshit card. A dumpster-fire card that will pop up very often in Warrior drafts along with other other vomit inducing Warrior common cards like Bolster, Axe Flinger and Ogre Warmaul.

If they had deleted the card, it would actually bebetterfor Warrior Arena drafts since they get one less shitty common card as a choice and a higher chance of a better neutral one.

It takes a pretty hard work to make Warrior even shittier in Arena than it already is but kudos to them; they actually managed it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get your point now I think, they could have at least nerfed its power for the constructed game but done something to make it viable in arena drafts at least. Still, I don't really think it makes warriorworseper se, its going from a very meh draft pick to an almost "never pick" one. Usually there will be a better common option. Its not like you only get three class cards or three neutrals.

Warrior is at least very viable on the ladder still. Rogue is pretty much bad in both formats. If any class is getting shafted by design flaws right now that's the one.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok just witnessed the golden thing happen off a mulch, in a brawl. So yeah its probably more just something unintended with cards that create a card/minion, not linked to arena somehow. And it was a golden Illidan, which I definitely do not have so I don't buy that theory.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I like Dragon Priest but there is a huge reliance on combos. A good mulligan is hard to beat. A bad mulligan and it's really hard for the Priest to win.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah its like any other second tier deck. Feels impossible to play against many times, but spend some time on the other side of it and you see all the ways it gets shit on.

Krag

Peasant
Warrior is at least very viable on the ladder still. Rogue is pretty much bad in both formats. If any class is getting shafted by design flaws right now that's the one.
Did you mean Shaman? Because Rogue is one of the very best classes in arena right now, many consider it better than Paladin even (though maybe harder to draft and play).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I get your point now I think, they could have at least nerfed its power for the constructed game but done something to make it viable in arena drafts at least. Still, I don't really think it makes warriorworseper se, its going from a very meh draft pick to an almost "never pick" one. Usually there will be a better common option. Its not like you only get three class cards or three neutrals.

Yeah you are way off on Rogue being bad in Arena. They are inarguably ranked #3 or higher. Rogue has been top 4ish in Arena since GvG and TgT helped a lot. I might rank it Rogue > Paladin > Mage even. All three are neck and neck and then Warlock is #4.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Love it.

I was playing against an Aggro Rogue. He plays Burgle and throws down a Secret. I topdeck my Kezan Mystic and steal Ice Block. The Rogue concedes.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a viable Shaman deck? I'm feeling the urge to work on my shaman level....The only character I have under 60.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have a viable Shaman deck? I'm feeling the urge to work on my shaman level....The only character I have under 60.
I think no Fel Reaver mech shaman is about as good as it gets now, that's what I use if I have to play it anyway. Not sure how slow more traditional shaman holds up, probably not so well. I think Kolento was playing crusher shaman on his stream last week.