Hearthstone

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I got an extra 27 packs. Not bad. I think I got 4 legendaries out of 80 packs. I "feel" like the Old Gods packs were much more generous on legendaries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Man, I think agro warrior is going to be a really serious deck. That has some gross potential for speed

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Everyone is getting dupe legendaries in the compensation packs, I think Blizzard duped us.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So, I had the play a zillion murlocs quest, and I made this shaman deck to do it. I only played enough games to get it done, but it was doing surprisingly well I thought. Most of the other times in the past I've tried to play murloc shaman decks it just got wrecked so fast, even in casual.

You might change out mana tides for coldlights, and hammer of twilight for Finja, but overall it seemed like it might have potential.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Guess i didn't do so bad. 50 packs, 5 legendaries (Golden Wrathion, Inkmaster, Kun, White Eyes, and Goya). Got like 600 dust from dupes, so i guess my variance was pretty good.

Not sure what the fuck to invest into now though. I wanted to keep playing Reno mage, but i don't think that shit is going to be viable in the meta.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay so all told I opened 173 packs, garnering the following

Inkmaster Solia
Raza the Chained
Golden Hobart Grapplehammer
Sergeant Sally
Kazakus
Golden Kazakus
2x Aya Blackpaw
Don Han'cho

3 gold epics, 12 gold rares, 15 gold commons

Feels about par for the course, with some extra luck on 2 of the legendaries I pulled being golden. I crafted gold Wrathion (which I may regret latter) and gold Raza (since I need 200 games of Priest I'll be playing it a lot /shrug). The 2 other legendaries I want to craft golden and I don't own, Kun and White Eyes. I'll probably get another 80 packs after I get paid next week and see how close that puts me. I'm pretty happy

Dragon Priest seems pretty strong, and N'zoth Jade Rogue might actually be playable. That'll be most of my time since the last 2 classes for golden. Initial reaction says Pirate Warrior will be the deck that keeps greedy as fuck decks in check. I think of the 3 factions Jade stuff easily wins out as most power, and the Kabal stuff feels like it sucks ass.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I am so aggravated right now at arena since the new set came out.. I listened to all of adwcta/merps podcasts about the set beforehand, watched adwcta's meta preview, thought I was somewhat prepared, but it just seems like everything is totally 100% fucking random now.

I was averaging about 5.3 wins in the last few weeks before the set, most of my runs were over 6 but I'd have the occasional shit draft and go 1-3 or 2-3. However, today I haven't had a run over 4 wins yet in 7 attempts. Every single one has gone exactly 3-3 or 4-3.

Adwcta said there'd be 'some' Rock/paper/scissors, but so far that's all it feels like. I'll absolutely crush a couple people in a row, then just get crushed back a few times.

You play around a board clear by playing a big minion, they have the spot removal + minion to punish. Whatever situation seems the least likely to happen, always seems to happen.

Had a sick shaman deck, with jade claws, 3x jade lightning, 6 two drops, 4 threes, 5 fours (i.e. good curve), kel'thuzad, nefarian, hex, etc.. had everything but a board clear, but plenty of early plays to make up for it, absolutely sick, or so I thought. started out dominating everyone to 3-0, then got crushed 3 games in a row. One game, mulligan my whole hand, get all 3+ drops, opponent priest leads with arcane anomaly and I could never get it off the board. Another game, this mage seemed to have every RNG go perfectly for him based on what I had. I got a spawn of n'zoth buff onto 4 minions, his spellslinger gives him mass dispel. etc etc.. While those kinds of things happened before this set, it seems they've added a layer of randomness on top of that by making a lot of narrow cards.

Cards that are very powerful in certain circumstances, and then the tools to answer those things are rare. So, you have to just play whatever you got and hope the opponent doesn't have something to answer it.

Any other arena players feeling the same way?

• 1Like

Haka

N00b
Opened 25 packs and only had 2 duplicate rares, 22 duplicate commons. I had a number of 3 rare packs which was nice. I got Inkmaster Solia (mage legendary) and then in a single pack I got a Golden Hobart Grapplehammer (legendary), Fight Promoter (epic), and Grimestreet Pawnbroker (rare) pack, so that was fun.

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
33 Initial packs. The Pirate legendary. 11 bonus packs. Nada. Goodtimes

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ok cool, so it's fixed now? I bought 90 total packs between amazon coins and pre-purchase, opened like 20 of them earlier, was just starting to do the rest now till I caught up on this thread.

also, famm, I saw you open like 3 legendaries in a 5 min span earlier.. were you just cracking packs super quick or did you hit a nice streak?

Both, kinda annoyed I got multiple Aya's not knowing about the bug but the extra packs back is nice I guess.

I opened a fucking golden White Eyes though so....holy shit! Still have a couple thousand gold to spend too and I'm sitting on a fuck ton of dust.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the 50 pack investment. Getting the bonus 33% made that investment worthwhile. Out of my free 25( I bought 19 packs with Gold), I got Kun. I like him and so was pleased.

Priest Dragon is a real deck. The new Murloc Shaman is actually nice enough to be competitive but Priest Dragon can still beat it. When I played against it, I kept waiting for the "Bring the murlocs back" spell only to remember that that was Paladin. I have not seen the new aggressive warrior deck but I found that my Warrior Control deck still holds its own. Only card I added to it was the new search for taunt spell.

Priest Dragon has a lot of advantage. I had one game where I searched for a card in their deck and cast Rag against them the following turn. The new board wipe which leaves dragons alive is nuts. Add to that the ability to slowly recover as you stabilize the board and Priest is going to be difficult to beat. I do not even have Chillmaw in my deck but can imagine that just adds to it. I am running Ysera which can also spawn a board wipe.

All hail the new age of the Priest.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure Jade Druid is going to be a serious fucking problem right quick. Makes Shaman board flood and overwhelming threats look TAME.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I opened 125 packs total and had
3 Kazakus
2 Aya Blackpaw
1 Don Han'Cho
1 Finja
1 Golden Knuckles

I've already crafted:
White Eyes
Raza
Wickerflame
Solia
Kun

So I'm at 50% of the legendaries. Got 10 of 20.
Still have like 3k dust, only legends I still see as nice/necessary atm would be:

Hobart
Genzo
Wrathion
Patches
Shaku

-----------------

Last night I was just knocking out the free pack quests but seemed like everyone was playing Dragon Priest. Was completely wrecking me trying out some Reno Mage.

Jade Druid & Shaman seemed to do well enough against the onslaught of Priests.

Tried some Hunter/Paladin Handbuff decks but Dragon Priest was hard to deal with.

Face/Weapon/Dragon Warrior seems strong.

Meta is all over the place though, I don't think a Priest meta is where we'll settle, too many decks can counter: Combo/Mill/Fatigue/Renolock or Handlock/etc.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha just opened another white eyes with bonus/quest packs. That golden one will be fucking money if it gets nerfed.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't get a good list to work but I'm sold that there's some OP combo with the Hunter Kodo. It's a 7 damage nuke if Don Han'Cho lands on him. I had some 4 & 5 damage Kodo battlecries just casually.

Combo the battlecry with Brann for some real lols.

I'm thinking a spell hunter with buff cards and Kodo as main minions. Get a Brann+Kodo for like 15+ damage nuke.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So here's a shell of something I plan to try:

OTK Hunter

Its not really OTK but dig for Kodo(s), go face, buff Kodo.
Kodo and Highmane are the only beast minions.
Brann+Smugglers+Smugglers+Kodo = 12 damage to face for 9 mana, assuming no other buff on Kodo.

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ha, I opened patches so I made a pirate rogue for shits and giggles and won my first three games handily. 3rd game against a jade druid actually winded up being close, but only because he got a miracle 4-5 spell yogg. Pirate rogue clearly op.
90% win rate in 10 games. Took me 6 games before remembering to attack with patches turn 1. Small time buccaneer has been the mvp.

Game I lost was to a priest who played 3 of the 5 mana 5/6 dragons that discovers a card in your opponents deck and discovered useful shit, that card is stupid op!, other 5 mana discover cards have 3 health, this thing has double!

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea that priest card is so dumb.

Just saw on Thijs stream that Wrathion displays the draws? what... lol. Seems bugged.

• 1Like