Hearthstone

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just an empty city with no NPC? Man, they got lazy...
Basically the Worgen starter zone is all phased and parts of it fall into the sea, towns burn down etc while you do it. At the end you escape in a boat to the Night Elf starter zones.

They never populated the final phase since you are supposed to leave and never return, so you can get into the Worgen starter zone via Forsaken starter zones but nothing is there. Why they made a huge city to abandon it after minutes of gameplay I don't know. The horde version (Goblin City), just explodes and you can't go back at all.

Cataclysm was fucking awful.

So a lot of people have no idea what this expansion is supposed to be since many didn't do the Worgen starter zone and it wasn't called Witchwood. Maybe it's what it's supposed to look like after the forsaken destroyed it? Who knows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure Echo allows a player to play the same card for as much resource as they have. If I have 9 resources I could cast the 2/4 with taunt 3 times in one turn. If that is how it works, that is not to bad. The card could be pumped in hand with the Paladin weapon. That could get real interesting. Also quest warrior could resolve faster.

Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, decided to make it so that the echo copies don't gain buffs/mana reductions.

Fucking trash tier expansion.

I can't wait for the inevitable 1 mana echo minion that makes quest rogue retarded again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Baku in a Hunter deck looks viable.

Control Warrior is back too. 4 armor hero power from the start and all the important cards are odd. Shield Slam, Whirlwind, Acolyte, Shield Block, Waraxe, Brawl, Direhorn Hatchling, Gorehowl all make it. Reckless Flurry also becomes nuts because five mana to deal 4 to everything worst case is more than good enough. The only big losses I can see that control Warrior would want to play are Slam and Scourgelord Garrosh. There's also Armorsmith but if you start with a 4 armor hero power I'm not sure you'd actually want Armorsmith. Can use Ysera as the finisher just like in the old days too. Stonehill Defender, Tar Creeper, Lone Champion are also all threes so you've got more than enough early defense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does rush work like charged devilsaur? If it does this expansion is going to be aids

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
You mean like how unstable evolution does benefit from mana reductions, and you can get a Deathwing or two on turn 1?

Or, like how naga lets you fill the board with 8/8's on turn 5?

• 2Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Control Warrior is back too. 4 armor hero power from the start and all the important cards are odd. Shield Slam, Whirlwind, Acolyte, Shield Block, Waraxe, Brawl, Direhorn Hatchling, Gorehowl all make it. Reckless Flurry also becomes nuts because five mana to deal 4 to everything worst case is more than good enough. The only big losses I can see that control Warrior would want to play are Slam and Scourgelord Garrosh. There's also Armorsmith but if you start with a 4 armor hero power I'm not sure you'd actually want Armorsmith. Can use Ysera as the finisher just like in the old days too. Stonehill Defender, Tar Creeper, Lone Champion are also all threes so you've got more than enough early defense.
Execute is 2. Control warrior without execute is kinda hard.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well Warrior might get an Odd replacement for execute. Plenty of cards to go. I did not consider the rogue quest and echo. If there is a one cast neutral creature with echo, then that card might be the first card to get nerfed.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
A two mana echo card might be good enough actually. Echo Echo Shadowstep, next turn Echo Echo Echo, quest done on turn 5.

• 1Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
This is the first time I'm kind've tempted to pre-order the expansion but I need someone to push me over the edge. Yay/nay? Wait it out for more cards? I probably might.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Spring set + rotation is as good a time as you'll get to hop back in. The cards you buy will be Standard legal for the longest amount of time possible.

Conversely it is unlikely that while on your deathbed you'll wish you had spent more time and money on Hearthstone.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
If it wasn't for WoW gold being able to purchase Hearthstone cards, I am pretty sure I would not be playing this game anymore. Every expansion, it is one or two deck types that dominates the meta and they do not fix the situation.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Uh... it is currently 182k for $15 (US Servers). So 36,400 Gold per HS pack. I usually just buy the pre-order pack, which is around 650k gold (Around 3ish weeks of 'passive' Order Hall crap).

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
HOLY FUCK! Explosive Runes is so ridiculous. How Blizzard thought a 100% efficient fireball for 3 was balanced is beyond me. Secret Mage can have such a value loaded opening there is nothing you can do.

Explosive Runes stops Doomsayer, and risk of counterspell stops any AE spells, so they build an untouchable board.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know, I saw the expansion stuff and I was like I'm okay with this.

Then I logged in and played a few games, and was like jesus fuck this game is terrible

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is the first time I'm kind've tempted to pre-order the expansion but I need someone to push me over the edge. Yay/nay? Wait it out for more cards? I probably might.

If you're still interested in the game and plan to play then this upcoming expansion is the best time to make a purchase. Right after a Rotation has been the best meta (last 2 years), and these cards will remain in standard for the longest duration. And you're getting 70 packs instead of 50... but I'm going to assume this will become a standard bonus going forward. But once the preorder special expires nothing else will match the value until the next expansions preorder. So all things considered, preordering the 70 packs is the best purchase you could make in HS right now.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If you're still interested in the game and plan to play then this upcoming expansion is the best time to make a purchase. Right after a Rotation has been the best meta (last 2 years), and these cards will remain in standard for the longest duration. And you're getting 70 packs instead of 50... but I'm going to assume this will become a standard bonus going forward. But once the preorder special expires nothing else will match the value until the next expansions preorder. So all things considered, preordering the 70 packs is the best purchase you could make in HS right now.

Also don't forget to use Amazon Coins. You need either an android device, or install BlueStacks on your computer. install Amazon Appstore and install Hearthstone through it. Amazon Coins fluctuate in price, but you cant get 40% off sometimes. I bought 10,000 coins before the last expansion for $72, so the pre-order deal for 70 packs is insanely good at $36.

• 1Like