Helldivers II

Kiki

Log Wizard
The Sickle made killing easier. Still getting used to the heatsink gameplay but much better than having mags. Pairing it with the Autocannon right now until I unlock the Railgun, not sure whats the "best" support weapon to sport is.

Railgun is meh now so now it's just grinding and getting gud.

Cybsled

Railgun is still pretty good against heavy armored bots - with safety off, you can still one shot hulks/etc if you get them right in the glowing face

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Railgun is still pretty good against heavy armored bots - with safety off, you can still one shot hulks/etc if you get them right in the glowing face
At that point, you might as well just do an anti-material rifle and 2-shot em in the glowy bits with more consistency. Minus the reticle being a bit fucky on the zoom.

• 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1000004065.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Level 17 and started on Hard now. Some missions go totalt insane where you drop in and there are huge shit bugs and bots everywhere. Usually that happens when I drop in the middle of a mission so I guess the guys let it build up to a total mess?

Using Sickle and Autocannon feels pretty good, will probably switch to Quasar once I get to level 18.

What Eagle/Orbit/Turrets are a good staple?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Airstrike and 500kg are my go to. Laser is really good but only 3 uses (clears the map tho). Rail is great for elites but the CD is too long imo.

As you go up in difficulty it becomes even more important to prevent big breaches and drop ships. Can easily be forced into dealing with multiple heavies and elites if you aren’t careful.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
It's odd, missions and difficulties seem to swing in difficulty also. I think a lot of it depends on the team build/synergy and the enemy types. I've played level 7+ missions with 3-man teams that just clicked and were easier than some level 5 missions. This week my bot build has been Scorcher or Dominator with the AMR while Bugs has been Breaker Incendiary and Quasar Cannon.

Eagle Airstrike is my go-to for all builds. Orbital railcannon and laser are good. The autocannon turret (it does suffer from low ammo before the upgrade) and EMP mortar are best for turrets. Shield turrets are good against bots. The Gattling turret is ok after upgrades. I don't think I mess with anything else unless it's a daily. After playing and testing different things, you will find what works best for your playstyle.

Edit: Also, I forgot to add that each mission changes what you bring so for a short defense mission you may want to have the EMP mortar instead of the orbital laser since the laser only has three uses and a long cooldown. Lastly, enhancers are important and are shared among the team. One many don't realize is great is the muscle enhancer since it reduces the slow effect from bugs or bots. Stamina is another must-get for large maps.

Last edited:

Sludig

Level 17 and started on Hard now. Some missions go totalt insane where you drop in and there are huge shit bugs and bots everywhere. Usually that happens when I drop in the middle of a mission so I guess the guys let it build up to a total mess?

Using Sickle and Autocannon feels pretty good, will probably switch to Quasar once I get to level 18.

What Eagle/Orbit/Turrets are a good staple?
air strike/500 with shield and quasar . could do autocannon with either eat for quick heavy hitting or I've started playing with the basic precision orbital again. Quick cooldown, kills most big things except titan if it hits, doesn't dog into your eagle supply, can be called in during an eagle strike. makes it kinda nice for killing a quick spawn point when you otherwise arnt free to kill it with normal wrappings and you don't waste a wave killing air strike on it.

Turrets are a big liability. more viable if you have the 100 second reduction upgrade, otherwise really only got defense missions. Direct fire on red tend to run out of ammo very fast

• 1Like

Cybsled

Main problem with turrets on bug missions is the chargers seem to instantly target the fucking things and 1-shot them

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
air strike/500 with shield and quasar . could do autocannon with either eat for quick heavy hitting or I've started playing with the basic precision orbital again. Quick cooldown, kills most big things except titan if it hits, doesn't dog into your eagle supply, can be called in during an eagle strike. makes it kinda nice for killing a quick spawn point when you otherwise arnt free to kill it with normal wrappings and you don't waste a wave killing air strike on it.

Turrets are a big liability. more viable if you have the 100 second reduction upgrade, otherwise really only got defense missions. Direct fire on red tend to run out of ammo very fast

You still rocking that shield crutch? Shame this man!

Cybsled

I used to use the shield backpack until they nerfed it - I use the armor that lets you survive fatal hits on proc as a replacement. It procs enough that it helps mitigate some of the 1-shot mechanics you encounter. The blastpad heavy armor also works pretty well vs bots - those gun towers won't 1-shot you when you have that on, although your running ability sucks

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It can be nice against bots but I see it as a waste of a stratagem in harder difficulties.

Sludig

You still rocking that shield crutch? Shame this man!
Maybe if heavy armor was viable. Should say only for bots. And still clear 9's alright. For all the bitching about this or that, even the worst pugs manages to scrape through and I finish 9/10 games on whatever difficulty. Though I'd say the win rate is a fair bit lower on helldive bots on the newest defend the missiles map, that ones a mother fucker if the team isn't all together and using good choices.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I also like going in low level games because rare samples seem the hardest for me. Super samples are pretty easy to get enough, but 150 rare samples is alot, especially when shit is melting down around you in a level 8. I go in a 4 or something and just blow up the whole map to give some low levels XP, while I farm samples and super credits. Tis a pretty good time.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I hate hate hate bot missions with detector towers. Endless assrape with dropships. 4-6 at a time it's insane one right after another. Sucks the quasar cannon can't destroy it even if it takes multiple shots.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I also like going in low level games because rare samples seem the hardest for me. Super samples are pretty easy to get enough, but 150 rare samples is alot, especially when shit is melting down around you in a level 8. I go in a 4 or something and just blow up the whole map to give some low levels XP, while I farm samples and super credits. Tis a pretty good time.
Sample farming the easy way:

Group of 4 got 60+ samples in 1 run on Helldive. Was crazy. Just spread out. Grab samples and meet up at evac after it fails.

Last edited:

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Main problem with turrets on bug missions is the chargers seem to instantly target the fucking things and 1-shot them
I agree, they need to turn down the aggro of them. I use them as bait sometimes. Yesterday I had a charger and titan on my ass. I threw my autocannon turret way off to the side. They immediately turned and ran to it when it started blasting them. Gave me enough time to create space and re engage them with the quasar cannon.

I also had the crazy idea to try the Tesla tower on the new defense mission. It was going well until the game decided to spawn a bunch of chargers and bile titans. Needless to say it did not go as planned. I would love for some of these turrets to be viable on higher difficulties but heavy enemies just destroy them to easily. Not to mention friendly fire also destroys them.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Started some Extremes yesterday and some groups are just bad. I started getting kicked by some people right after I joined. Is level 20 too low for random groups at Extreme difficulty?

I got one or two missions done but kinda gave up and went back to Hard.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Started some Extremes yesterday and some groups are just bad. I started getting kicked by some people right after I joined. Is level 20 too low for random groups at Extreme difficulty?

I got one or two missions done but kinda gave up and went back to Hard.
Some toxic people play this game that fully believes level=skill. I have played games with under 20s on the highest difficulty and we have won. Now that being said, they don't usually have the "best" items but as long as they are smart, follow the group, team play, and can kill while not wasting deaths, everything is fine. Sadly, some people don't have the patience to find that out. Now, it could have been a fluke and you were just kicked because the guy didn't want people in his party? I think 7 is the sweet spot for groups though. I'm always down to group depending on your play times.

• 1Like