HENDO Hoverboards and Hoverboard Parks.. coming soon??

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't get it, why would people back that kickstarter? $100 bucks for a 5 minute ride? $10k just for the hoverboard? Can only ride at the one park they plan on opening with the funding money? Need to make reservations a month in advance? It would be cool if you could ride it anywhere and the boards weren't so cost prohibitive but this seems like a terribly doomed idea because honestly that ride demo looked boring as shit on top of all the limitations with being able to actually use one.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The hover board / park is pretty stupid, but the idea behind the tech and future uses could be pretty cool.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe, but you'd be funding a hoverboard company
I'm not funding shit. Just saying that their video clearly states the board is just a proof of concept, but their intention is for the tech to be used in a much larger fashion.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I save my dollar for the truly groundbreaking stuff.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Soygen: I'm guessing Brad McQuaid is happy to hear you're back to supporting Pantheon.

Evernothing

rrr_img_79600.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
What is the point unless it is a few inches of the ground? To make Back to the Future technically real?

Vaclav

What is the point unless it is a few inches of the ground? To make Back to the Future technically real?
The implication if you read the KS is that it can be adjustable for the height (likely with some limits) just that 1 inch was the most controllable/comfortable.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Half of America is probably too fat to ride one.

"Why isn't it moving?!"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just need to repeat that. Hopefully clear out some of the stupid in this thread.
I think you're pretty stupid if you don't realize this is underwhelming at best, even as a proof of concept. The concept is these things can only slightly hover on one specific, special magnetic surface, and this kickstarter is basically to help them build a park filled with this surface. You have to donate $10k to the kickstarter to get one of these stupid boards. To put that in perspective, when formlabs did their kickstarter you only needed to donate $2k for one of their high tech, cool as shit, real world application 3D printers. A fucking 3D printer was $8k less than a stupid as shit hoverboard that can only hover on one specific surface