HENDO Hoverboards and Hoverboard Parks.. coming soon??

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The concept is these things can only slightly hover on one specific, special magnetic surface
maglev train.JPG

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I guess my biggest problem is their proof of concept is lame as shit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think the tech is pretty cool, the most obvious use though is for warehousing and logistics. But warehouse technology won't get you funded on KS.
nobody wants shit sliding around in warehouses. Assholes get injured enough as it is.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
True, I did Workplace health and Safety training and a part of it was to review real life incidents. A lot of bad things happen with forklifts!

They don't move fast, but when shit goes bad, it can be terrible.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Don't be a bojo. That hoverboard won't even work on water.

Unless they got powah.

Meatus_sl

shitlord
Jetpack > Hoverboard.

and this board has 7 minutes of use? It doesn't even look like it's floating unless you look close by from ground level.
Alot of work to be done still.

Vaclav

And are way cheaper and don't require a special floor.
Indeed - without massive changes in the efficiency of what they're working with it's not going to be practical. Based on the costs that are implied, I'd imagine its on the order of 1000x or so greater efficiency to make it sensible - a very long ways off - but this might be a baby step there, a really small baby step.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This project should merge with the Solar Roadways project so we can have hovercars everywhere powered by the sun!

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems like a pretty cool idea to me. Considering that they are already funded over 300k.. other people agree. I'm interested to see where the technology advances too.. if they could make shoes levitate.. they could have a sort of hockey without/ice thing.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Seems like a pretty cool idea to me. Considering that they are already funded over 300k.. other people agree. I'm interested to see where the technology advances too.. if they could make shoes levitate.. they could have a sort of hockey without/ice thing.
Well, it's electromagnetic levitation, so they'd need ice made of metal, and electromagnetic skates would be quite boring to watch unless the players wear jetpacks.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This ^, this kind of super low friction movement would be very beneficial to completely auto-mated warehouses.
Good luck with that shit in food ones. Programmers are idiots when designing warehouse software in general. Automation in warehouses is nowhere close to being a reality where you don't deal in only full pallets.

The Master

Bronze Squire
What about one levitating shoe? Other foot providers all the push.

Or you could get a running start and then turn them on and glide from the momentum? A toe switch maybe for each shoe? So you could turn them on and off at will to alternate between having the hover and being able to push with a given leg.

Vaclav

With levitating shoes, you cannot propel yourself nor alter your direction with the sole of your feet. At least not in the way you can do it with skates. It's more like trying to move around on ice wearing twosliding curling shoes.
Clearly you'd have two levitating shoes and carry a rowing paddle to push off on the ground with, god...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Could a plane take off if it had this technology instead of wheels, and the conveyor belt was made of the metal?

The future looks amazing bros.