Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just started getting into this when I can (with Vittra from the forums and a few other friends).

Really liking ETC and Arthas the most. Thinking about trying Stitches this week but I feel I am much better suited for the "tank" role than anything else right now. What other heroes should I be looking at trying? My MOBA experience is very limited, so I am a shitbag of a player, but I still enjoy it.
Arthas is not really a true tank at the moment. He is a popular pick on Haunted Mines because he has a strong early game similar to Kerrigan but he can easily fall off. If he is solo tanking he can often times have a hard time because he has no real gap closer outside of his W skillshot and his HP pool is lacking. He can work in compositions but he needs to be played a bit differently than most tanks. Generally he shouldn't be in lane early game he should be constantly rotating lanes. His Sindragosa ult is pretty flexible and arguabally better than Ghouls at the moment for strong engage and disengage. But that also makes him give up a ton of survivability so you should really run a 2 tank composition if you run Sindragosa and treat Arthas more as the ganker and bruiser (possibly use his D build in this case.) I have a soft spot in my heart for Arthas because I like his kit and he was my most played hero when he was blatantly OP but not so much anymore.

ETC has his issues at the moment as well but is a better tank than Arthas. ETC's balls got removed a few patches ago so now his damage is absolutely pathetic. He is really only existence to Q people and then eventually Mosh. Because his damage was so cut going Stage Dive isn't very viable at the moment because he dives in and then can't really do much anyways. He isn't bad but there are better warriors such as Muradin, Johanna or Tyrael.

Stitches is a niche pick and feast or famine on landing hooks and having your team know how to handle the hooked target. He isn't really a tank because of his HP pool. His self sustain is decent at best. He just isn't a very good hero to fit into most comps unlike a Muradin or Johanna.

Tenks

It is hilarious how much Murky got shit on this patch simply by giving Cleanse out to everyone. I had a Murky in HL yesterday that by all accounts was a competent player but he still went Octograb even though he saw I went Cleanse at 7 (I went Cleanse specifically because of the Murky.) He's still try and do his Puffer combo with Octo and it was extremely satisfying just going "No" with one click of a button. I saved our KT like 4 times the game from Octo combos.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you like tanking, play Anubarak and muradin, they're the tier 1 tanks atm and are pretty damn cheap to buy if i recall?

Murky players that don't look at the other teams healer having cleanse are generally bad lol

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
That basically makes murky go from 75% useless to 95% worthless. faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrttttttttttt

Tenks

Somehow our Nova got solo'd by the Murky as well. I didn't Z onto her because she was in our base and went specifically to kill the Murky. Then I saw she died. I face palmed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah they kind of fucked him by giving 3 quarters of the healers Cleanse now. They should have let his 'octograb bug' ride out for a couple weeks and see if that helped his situation

Tenks

I think the issue if they left the octobug (I meant to say ocotgrab bug but that came out and I'm leaving it) it would make a level 20 Murky able to solo pretty much anyone except for high HP tanks. Just rewind puffer a single target with pretty much a 100% guarantee both will land.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Arthas is not really a true tank at the moment. He is a popular pick on Haunted Mines because he has a strong early game similar to Kerrigan but he can easily fall off. If he is solo tanking he can often times have a hard time because he has no real gap closer outside of his W skillshot and his HP pool is lacking. He can work in compositions but he needs to be played a bit differently than most tanks. Generally he shouldn't be in lane early game he should be constantly rotating lanes. His Sindragosa ult is pretty flexible and arguabally better than Ghouls at the moment for strong engage and disengage. But that also makes him give up a ton of survivability so you should really run a 2 tank composition if you run Sindragosa and treat Arthas more as the ganker and bruiser (possibly use his D build in this case.) I have a soft spot in my heart for Arthas because I like his kit and he was my most played hero when he was blatantly OP but not so much anymore.

ETC has his issues at the moment as well but is a better tank than Arthas. ETC's balls got removed a few patches ago so now his damage is absolutely pathetic. He is really only existence to Q people and then eventually Mosh. Because his damage was so cut going Stage Dive isn't very viable at the moment because he dives in and then can't really do much anyways. He isn't bad but there are better warriors such as Muradin, Johanna or Tyrael.

Stitches is a niche pick and feast or famine on landing hooks and having your team know how to handle the hooked target. He isn't really a tank because of his HP pool. His self sustain is decent at best. He just isn't a very good hero to fit into most comps unlike a Muradin or Johanna.
I should say I play Arthas as a pseudo tank really, I am focusing on D damage a lot and playing as a bruiser really. Etc I just ply straight tank. I did by muradin but never really played him. Looking at Johanna when her price goes down.

Phones fucking up, not editing all the words I messed up

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just started getting into this when I can (with Vittra from the forums and a few other friends).

Really liking ETC and Arthas the most. Thinking about trying Stitches this week but I feel I am much better suited for the "tank" role than anything else right now. What other heroes should I be looking at trying? My MOBA experience is very limited, so I am a shitbag of a player, but I still enjoy it.
If you really like the tank role Johanna/Muradin. Tyrael is godly at initiating and can win you games but isn't as tanky.

Edit: Also make sure you get the free heroes each week to level 5 for the 500g

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think the issue if they left the octobug (I meant to say ocotgrab bug but that came out and I'm leaving it) it would make a level 20 Murky able to solo pretty much anyone except for high HP tanks. Just rewind puffer a single target with pretty much a 100% guarantee both will land.
which to me is fine, if he can 1v1 heroes late game then let him actually have some use if you get caught soloing that late in the game lol

Tenks

which to me is fine, if he can 1v1 heroes late game then let him actually have some use if you get caught soloing that late in the game lol
Well the issue is if you kill Murky octograb persists. So you'd be forced to eat 2 pufferfish regardless of if you're alone or not.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I watched that last night, it's pretty cool to be able to hear whats going on in a pro teams voice com. It gives you a lot better insight on how they think and play

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand the QM, matchmaker.

I go support two games and one I get 3 tanks on my team and the other I get 4 assassins while the enemy team is fully balanced.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Where is Sonya right now? And what about rehgar vs malf? I accidentally bought rehgar. I have then both at low levels but I'll really only have time to focus on one.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Rehgar is pretty good

Tonight is the first night I've got to play Kael with a balanced team that can work together. God he's so disgusting. On Sky Temple the rest of my team died and I was able to just poke 4 enemies down at 16, it was filthy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yes kael is brokenly good, i have no idea how they haven't redone his entire lvl flamestike/ignite issue yet

Sonya is pretty shitty, shes more of a bruiser than a tank.. but shes also a very bad bruiser at that. Rehgar and Malf are very good, them and uther are by far the best healers currently. Rehgar is funner to play than malf though imo, because you have more variety in builds compared to malfurion (his dps builds are awful, rehgar has some viablility in his dps talents)

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I hate going up against Kael and pugs seem to not know how to handle him.

Also, I love Rehgar and I find him very fun to play more so than Malf. If you want burst healing, Rehgar is the way to go.