Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well Cryptozoic have a bunch of TCGs to their name, including the WoW TCG. Surely they have a lawyer or someone who vetoed this shit so they don't get raped before it even releases/soon after by WotC. Sure the mechanics are exactly the same but maybe where WotC could win a lawsuit 10years ago on this, maybe they can't anymore nowadays? Don't know but doesn't worry me too much, it's not really a random small company making a new game for fun, they already made the game and the kickstarter is for advertisement and adding some shit to their existing game, it'd be pretty weird if they had already started financing and making the game without actually consulting someone to know if they could you know, make that product and sell it.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Yes, you're right Pyros. They must have considered this. Maybe they are already doing what most CCGs do and paying a cut to WotC that isn't public knowledge.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You can't patent words and symbols. Not trying to be a dick, but if you have some actual sources/references with the actual lawsuits you mention that might help illuminate the nuanced differences between their lawsuit successes and your concerns. A trademark lawsuit is absolutely common in any industry. You cannot make a claim for any IP category for the meaningful rotation of a playing card, though. Unless you were Apple, of course.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Funded. I cannot wait to see what the stretch goals are. If they add bonuses to the accounts that will never be replicated then I will be in for a $250+ just so I can sell it for a grand or more when I get tired of playing.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I just went in at the Pro Player tier. I wanted to get in while the getting was good. I'm looking at this as an investment more than anything else.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I went for Grand King since it pays for itself on release day,(self gifting the boosters). After that its pure bonuses. They also said the account perks will never be available again too.

It's still a bit risky. MTG tactics didn't do so well and they had a great IP behind it. Regardless of game mechanics, I think their tournament structure and reward system was poorly done and didn't encourage people to play tournaments.

The UI seems to favor 1v1 which is unfortunate. Multiplayer formats in MTGO are my favorite casual play format, especially the 6 player games. A lot more community building opportunities in those formats. But they do have the raids so maybe there is some hope there.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just went in at the Pro Player tier. I wanted to get in while the getting was good. I'm looking at this as an investment more than anything else.
Welcome to the dark side. Now you just Have to resist the urge to go up to the grand King tier. No pressure though *wink*

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Funded. I cannot wait to see what the stretch goals are. If they add bonuses to the accounts that will never be replicated then I will be in for a $250+ just so I can sell it for a grand or more when I get tired of playing.
Spectral lotus, kickstarter mercs , permanent account bonuses like free cards (pro player), 100 percent dungeon rewards (dungeon tier) and more will never be replicated they have already said.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If I go in for any more money it'll be for a second pro player tier and flag my account so I get 2 free drafts a week.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
Spectral lotus, kickstarter mercs , permanent account bonuses like free cards (pro player), 100 percent dungeon rewards (dungeon tier) and more will never be replicated they have already said.
Them saying it and it happening are two different things. I'm willing to bet that similar bonuses arise as the game moves forward. They may not have the exact same names or effects, but they will be similar in nature. The hype sounds good, but the majority of people that reside here have been around the gaming community long enough to have a good sense of wariness to claims of greatness before the product actually appears.

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am so in for this. Every year or so I get all nostalgic and fire up Shandalar. If this is remotely close, I'll be happy.

I wonder if they will do something where you can designate certain card pools for champions so you can restart, as it were, with a different champion race/class.

Myst

Peasant
Went in for 250$ Pro player tier. I am really hoping we will be able to test the game in September, but i am not holding my breath.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
just pleged 10k because the video was awesome.
There is still ony 1 10k pledger according to kick start and its been like that since before I pledged days ago:/ mind you I don't know if pledging through the website is counted on kickstart and I'm just happy if you pledge anything at all