Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
I bought in day 2 but wasn't excited until reading this.
They hit most of the points I wanted out of the raid experience: Stressing the puzzle aspect and needing specific decks to realistically down raids, unique raid mechanics allowing for a wide design space going forward, and giving raid specific loot.

I pretty much assumed that would be the case, which is why I went batshit "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" insane early on, but it's nice to see it all verified. Now I just need to wait for months to a year to actually get to play it (considering PvE won't be in alpha at all, and only very limited in beta). I know Cory keeps saying maybe by the end of the year, but it's kind of his job to be optimistic, and we haven't seen *any* live PvE content yet, so I'm skeptical.

Thorbadin

Trakanon Raider
The raiding does look nice, it's pretty much the online version of their wow ccg raid, with onyxia being the first raid you could do. It had 3 stages with different powers and would draw 1 card per stage. Onyxia had an event deck that would double as ressource, pretty much counting as +1 card draw per turn but that's the only difference. Eventually their raid became more complex (with molten core next where you would fight a bunch of boss followed by ragnaros, etc). It was pretty cool overall.

ShaKadelic_sl

shitlord
Since i got no credit card i will back using paypal. I don't remember reading it, and, while it seems taken for granted, i have to ask: do i get the rewards unlocked by the stretch goals?

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Backed it at the King tier, really excited about this game. First game in a long time I'm really pumped for.

Also it looks like with Kickstarter+Paypal they have hit the 2.1M stretch goal. Will be curious to see what the next one is.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I have such a difficult time believing they'll hit the next tier with only a day left if it's the expect 2.4m or 2.5m.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
New article up on the deck builder:http://hextcg.com/data-editor-paradise

No new information if you've been paying attention, but a good overview of the features it has. Some fun spoiled cards also. Another big bruiser dragon with the potential to get ridiculous if left on the field, and a major socketed card that bounces back to your hand when it dies. Considering several gems give comes into play abilities, that has some potential.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So uh i got on this late...Are any of the $250 packs worth it over the $120 now that crawler is gone? I mean the Guild Master is just finding someone with a gm guild. collector seems to be vanity only. Raid leader seems like a /meh perk as well.

Myst

Peasant
So uh i got on this late...Are any of the $250 packs worth it over the $120 now that crawler is gone? I mean the Guild Master is just finding someone with a gm guild. collector seems to be vanity only. Raid leader seems like a /meh perk as well.
Your best bet would be Collector or snagging a Grand king/Pro by using the auto refresh add on. AA cards will be worth a lot of money if this game actually picks up and becomes popular.

Take Yugiho online as an example, it wasn't that popular, yet AA cards went for extreme amount of money. And don't forget that you will always get AA cards throughout the life of the game.

If this does not interest you, then i suggest you get King x2. That said, my friend and i were able to snag and extra Early bird king (same as the 120$ but for 90$) using the auto refresh method. I am sitting on a Grand king + EBK as of now.

Myst

Peasant
It would not surprise me in the least to see the Pro Tier and GK go for twice what people payed for them in a few months.
Seeing as how they pay for themselves and much more, i wouldn't be surprised. Unless the game flops.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Well, they all come with a year worth of drafts, which is a 364$ value if you use all of them, so yes. As for which one, probably collector. Ignoring the free year of drafts, Guild master definitely isn't worth it. You could just get another king and get more value. Raid leader... probably not great, unless the raids are overtuned. Collector... maybe. It depends on what cards get the alternate art treatment and what the collector's market is like. If some of the best rare/legendaries show up in the alternate art reward, then there should be a good market for them. If nothing else, it's an extra spectral lotus garden.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Just managed to snipe a Dungeon Crawler tier. Found out bonus works in raids too, which sealed the deal.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just managed to snipe a Dungeon Crawler tier. Found out bonus works in raids too, which sealed the deal.
Dungeon Crawler Whoopsie

On a livestream interview yesterday, riding a sugar high from birthday cake and Coca Cola, Cory misspoke about the Dungeon Crawler allowing for an additional loot roll on Raid Bosses. Dungeon Crawler only works in dungeons. When asked for comment, Cory Jones was quoted as saying, "Sorry, I blew it."

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Dungeon Crawler Whoopsie

On a livestream interview yesterday, riding a sugar high from birthday cake and Coca Cola, Cory misspoke about the Dungeon Crawler allowing for an additional loot roll on Raid Bosses. Dungeon Crawler only works in dungeons. When asked for comment, Cory Jones was quoted as saying, "Sorry, I blew it."
Doh ! Cheers for the info. Prolly still keep it.