Hogwarts Legacy

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
My internal logic on wands and focus' and other cultures useage is that the wand is a general focus and kinda like an antenna.

The motions and words are helpers as well. Memonics and engrained memory helpers and mucle memory. Some need it. Some use it, cause it helps. And some can do without for certain things based on talent and or strength.

Oggooboogoo chick said she came to Hogwarts because her mother got the divanation job. And the wands were "dramatic". (After I beat her ass in the minigame.) And that Wakanda acadamy of Cocksuckers was the largest school in the world.
Yay go them. So much of the draw of the Rowling books is how horribly she fucked up parts of it while getting other parts amazingly right. That is what makes them fun. You bitch about the stupid parts, and the wildly off shit, while enjoying the idea of Magic and all that it entails.

Fun game. Just finished breaking into the forbidden section of the liibrary.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I love watching grown men argue about wands in a story designed for children.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 7 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean it literally says Wands are a European thing and other cultures haven’t used them or if they did was only until recently.

but okay.
So between the wandless Africans, wandless indigenous North Americans, and wand-using Europeans, remind me again which culture was the dominant one?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I can't wait to read the story about Nearly Headless Nick and the Wildy Wandless Wakandan.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wizard history and the colonization of Africa?

I refer to this time as the Oogabooga boogaloo.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
The real reason why wands exist in the books is so JK can sell you plastic replicas at $30 a pop.
Took my 10 year old to Universal back in October. They were $50-70 at the park.

Bought him ice cream and ordered a knock off online.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait to read the story about Nearly Headless Nick and the Wildy Wandless Wakandan.
Nick’s story will be retconned - it’s now a sad tale of a MtF transition gone bad.
I love watching grown men argue about wands in a story designed for children.
At the rate things are going the story will be about grown men crossing wands and how it’s still designed for children.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
to save anyone 5 mins of google, there are no storage chests or anything for gear in the game. Anything you pickup will always be available for transmog but vendor all the shit you don't wear, since there is very limited gear slots you QUICKLY get to a full inventory state and then you can't loot chests and stuff with gear in it anymore.

Fast travel is great in this game as is the map, I'm sure at some point i'll have a portable vendor like the WoW mounts but for now you can fast travel to hogsmeade, dump all your shit, and travel back to wherever.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Room of Requirement is pretty damn impressive.
There's more to it as you go.

As far as the above, I don't think there's a carry cap for material either, so pick up all that shit.

Second Trial was brutal. Burned through about a dozen heal pots. The first part with the door was pretty cool and I was worried the whole fight would be like that. Probably will be for the 3rd. Had to look up one of the puzzles. I knew the concept but for some reason just couldn't get the shit to work in practice.

Speaking of heal pots, went to some side quest and there was a troll there (which I apparently didn't have to fight), and used up the last 9 heal pots I had. Went back to RoR and brewed up 20 more. Thinking I need to start using the fight wheel stuff (Tab on PC).

Oh, for the RoR opening quest, I had a question:

There's a spot where you see a golden snitch and I got tired of trying to figure out the puzzle. Was there anything there besides the chest? Hoping I didn't miss anything cool, because you don't get to go back to that version from what I can tell. Would suck to never have the golden snitch because I gave up.