Hogwarts Legacy

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
My C2 shows 120fps / vrr on, my receiver supports HDMI 2.1 as well, while on performance mode. Though the 120 fps is a lie, as it showed the same on fidelity and balanced (uncapped)... I think it's just showing the refresh rate.

What receiver are you using? I am checking a few out but honestly depending on if the C1 sounds good enough, I might just leave it on that for good since PS5 doesn't support Atmos, I do not use it as a streaming box, and I could leverage 3D audio. Series X supports Atmos and vision (My current receiver supports that) and I'll never care to turn on VRR locked to 60 FPS or play games in 120hz mode so I can wait for prices to normalize.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What receiver are you using? I am checking a few out but honestly depending on if the C1 sounds good enough, I might just leave it on that for good since PS5 doesn't support Atmos, I do not use it as a streaming box, and I could leverage 3D audio. Series X supports Atmos and vision (My current receiver supports that) and I'll never care to turn on VRR locked to 60 FPS or play games in 120hz mode so I can wait for prices to normalize.
Using a basic bitch Denon AVR-S570BT. Works well enough, but I dislike how it handles PC audio, I much prefer the sound of my Schiit Stack for that. I would say you could probably skip the reciever and just set the HDMI audio on your C1 to pass through, then send your audio out via the optical port to whatever, maybe -back- to the receiver, lol.

Testing out the Balanced setting, with capped fps, and I have to say its very nice. Looks great, and while its not 60fps, it feels a TON better than how it was with uncapped fps. My C2 still shows 119fps / VRR On, but there is no way its actually 120fps (120hz, sure). If I don't experience any big fps drops, I'll probably stay on Balanced, has better lighting / color than on Performance.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This shit has been pissing me off and my husbands apparently tired of me bitching about it.

If not using wands was a purely cultural fucking thing in Africa, but there is no downside to not using a wand, as she says, why the fuck doesn’t the REST OF THE ENTIRE WORLD adapt and do the same fucking thing? If there is no bonus to a wand, why fucking hamstring yourself to need a wand and make yourself vulnerable to disarmament, etc. where now you can’t cast.

The only fucking explanation for this shit is that Africans are just biologically superior Magic wielders which is fucking stupid.
It's based on RL actually, they can cast lightning bolt without wands.

• 5Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, downloading PS5 version now.

*put on my wizard robe and hat*

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This shit has been pissing me off and my husbands apparently tired of me bitching about it.

If not using wands was a purely cultural fucking thing in Africa, but there is no downside to not using a wand, as she says, why the fuck doesn’t the REST OF THE ENTIRE WORLD adapt and do the same fucking thing? If there is no bonus to a wand, why fucking hamstring yourself to need a wand and make yourself vulnerable to disarmament, etc. where now you can’t cast.

The only fucking explanation for this shit is that Africans are just biologically superior Magic wielders which is fucking stupid.
She said the Oogabooga School is the greatest on Earth yo. She's slumming it at Hogwarts.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Smell you later, losers!

Highly suggest taking the tour with the nerdy kid. Not sure if you have a choice not to, but it's one of those fun moments with the right music and atmosphere.

View attachment 457840
Smell you later, losers! Enjoy your faggy brooms.

Untitled.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 12 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok, downloading PS5 version now.

*put on my wizard robe and hat*

DING:

With this purchase we have now exceeded another 5k purchased threshold of Legacy so according to Twitter another tranny somewhere is being loaded up on a train headed eastbound!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I don't get the anger. Magic is always inconsistent in this IP. Why do you need words to do some things, but then don't for other things? We see in the movies and in the game professors doing stuff outside the bounds of the canon spells with no words being used. Just pointing a wand and boom, things happen that have never been mentioned before.

Floo in this game isn't consistent either, they are supposed to be near flames or a dedicated port spot but in the game, you can be anywhere (thankfully).

Also wandless magic is hardly new, Dumbledore did so on several occasions, probably one of the most famous times was when he cast Aresto Momentum to save Harry from falling during a Quidditch. Also, Voldemort cast a few spells without wands as well along with a number of others. Where was your argument for this over the last 26 years?

Jesus, I'm a nerd.

• 2Hodjing
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get the anger. Magic is always inconsistent in this IP. Why do you need words to do some things, but then don't for other things? We see in the movies and in the game professors doing stuff outside the bounds of the canon spells with no words being used. Just pointing a wand and boom, things happen that have never been mentioned before.

Floo in this game isn't consistent either, they are supposed to be near flames or a dedicated port spot but in the game, you can be anywhere (thankfully).

Also wandless magic is hardly new, Dumbledore did so on several occasions, probably one of the most famous times was when he cast Aresto Momentum to save Harry from falling during a Quidditch. Also, Voldemort cast a few spells without wands as well along with a number of others. Where was your argument for this over the last 26 years?

Jesus, I'm a nerd.
Doubt there is much anger per se, at least on my part. I just found it odd that it seemed to be the only reason Natty was around. Other than that, I recall wordless casting being mentioned during the wand selection, either ingame or at the wizarding world site. Wands, the words and the movements all seem to just be ways to focusing the mind to cast a spell; none are explicitly needed, just helpful.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
none are explicitly needed, just helpful.

That was sorta the point I was trying to make. Being able to do magic without wands isn't anything new. Being mad at "the darkies" over it just seems silly more so when up until now, they've only shown whitey doing it for 26 years.

Magic within this world has never been 100% consistent.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow the two most powerful wizards of their respective generations frequently used wandless magic, what fantastic examples.

Ollivander explains to Harry that a wizard can channel their magic through almost any instrument, an attuned wand that you have an affinity for simply makes your magic stronger. And if wands were so meaningless, wizards wouldn't have gone to such extraordinary means to keep the secret of their creation away from non-human magic users.

The setting clearly established that magic focused through a wand is strictly superior to wandless magic and the idea of them being equal is just the same old tired noble savage bullshit.

• 4Like
  • 2Hodjing
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wow the two most powerful wizards of their respective generations frequently used wandless magic, what fantastic examples.

Ollivander explains to Harry that a wizard can channel their magic through almost any instrument, an attuned wand that you have an affinity for simply makes your magic stronger. And if wands were so meaningless, wizards wouldn't have gone to such extraordinary means to keep the secret of their creation away from non-human magic users.

The setting clearly established that magic focused through a wand is strictly superior to wandless magic and the idea of them being equal is just the same old tired noble savage bullshit.
It hasn't been just them its been a thing in the setting for some time. J.K has written more than once that different cultures can use different means.

Wandless magic[1] was the performance of magic without the use of a wand. Such magic was often difficult to perform and could have unexpected or volatile results if not done properly. Usually, witches and wizards accustomed to using wands could only reliably perform wandless magic if they possessed great skill.[1] However, within regions of the wizarding world that historically did not use wands, wandless magic was considered the norm, and using one was optional.[1][2]

Nature and practice
Wands were used by witches and wizards to channel their magic, making their spells more accurate and potent.[1] Within cultures where wands were ubiquitous, only the most powerful and disciplined wizards and witches could perform wandless magic reliably.[1] Transfiguration and charms were particularly difficult to perform without a wand.[1]

However, the wand was a European invention, and some cultures did not traditionally rely upon such tools for performing magic.[1][2] Native Americans had their own practices that predated European colonization, and did not require a wand;[1] African witches and wizards only adopted the wand in the 20th century, and even in the modern era, wands were not necessary for many of their practices.[2]

Wandless magic was not officially taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; however, books on the subject were found in the Restricted Section of the Hogwarts Library.
[3]

Wandless magic could also be performed nonverbally, but this increased the level of difficulty to the point that only practitioners of exceptional skill could perform more than the most basic magic. Albus Dumbledore, generally considered the greatest wizard of all time, was known for performing magic in this manner.[4] Quirinus Quirrell whilst possessed by Lord Voldemort was also capable of both nonverbal and wandless spells, as shown with the Incarcerous Spell which he used on Harry Potter in the Underground Chambers.[4]

Gellert Grindelwald, an infamous Dark wizard active in the global wizarding war, was also extremely skilled with wandless magic, having performed it numerous times without difficulty during the conflict.

• 1Hodjing

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Using a basic bitch Denon AVR-S570BT. Works well enough, but I dislike how it handles PC audio, I much prefer the sound of my Schiit Stack for that. I would say you could probably skip the reciever and just set the HDMI audio on your C1 to pass through, then send your audio out via the optical port to whatever, maybe -back- to the receiver, lol.

Testing out the Balanced setting, with capped fps, and I have to say its very nice. Looks great, and while its not 60fps, it feels a TON better than how it was with uncapped fps. My C2 still shows 119fps / VRR On, but there is no way its actually 120fps (120hz, sure). If I don't experience any big fps drops, I'll probably stay on Balanced, has better lighting / color than on Performance.

Copy - I did my experiment:

C1 Audio was tinny (Obviously though I am used to a 5.1.2 set up with Klipsche and sub woofer - current receiver is an Aventage A770) so the audio took a major hit even with 3D audio properly enabled and calibrated through my dual shock mic. I was impressed with the 3D audio considering the audio source though.

Graphical improvement wasn't a good trade off considering the audio took a nose dive. Looked a little better on balanced, a bit of a hit on the frames - but went back to 60 FPS performance. If I had an HDMI 2.1 receiver (Which I am investigating) I would probably play balanced.

Was a fun experiment though - colors seemed to pop a little more via HDMI 2.1 direct connect into the C1. Draw distance is definitely father in balanced. I took a couple screen grabs and noticed more trees far in the distance and birds were further out. Textures were a TAD clearer.

Going to keep eyeing various HDMI 2.1 receivers.

Ok back to the game lol and probably me being distracted with housing. I don't know why I get so addicted to player housing. Been that way since I played Star Wars Galaxies.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's fucking amazing how we can consult the exact same reference and come to opposite conclusions.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's fucking amazing how we can consult the exact same reference and come to opposite conclusions.

You should quote your posts so people know who the hell you are talking to ya Scrub.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
He’s probably talking to both of you retards.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who reads tons of fantasy books knows that often times novice magic users needlessly use tools, words, various hand motions as a crutch or enhancement and that the real magic was inside them all along.

I've played about 12 hours now and 8 of that is fucking off outside of Hogwarts slaughtering all the things I can find. I still haven't even unlocked talents. I fear I'm going to do the typical open world RPG burn out of out leveling everything if I don't return to the main quest, but it's fun smashing packs of dark wizards in the woods. PVP servers when.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

The real reason why wands exist in the books is so JK can sell you plastic replicas at $30 a pop.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Mother of God