Hogwarts Legacy

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what is the deal with these Dungeons (not the small Treasure Vaults)? I've cleared several now, and after killing and looting everything, the world map shows "0/1 Collection Chests". Do they respawn after a certain amount of time? I assumed they were all once and done.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what is the deal with these Dungeons (not the small Treasure Vaults)? I've cleared several now, and after killing and looting everything, the world map shows "0/1 Collection Chests". Do they respawn after a certain amount of time? I assumed they were all once and done.
Are you getting the chests that show up on the minimap? Those camps usually just have one, and they give out stuff for RoR or wands.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you getting the chests that show up on the minimap? Those camps usually just have one, and they give out stuff for RoR or wands.
All the Bandit Camps I've cleared show 1/1 Collection Chests, so yea, I got those. Its the more elaborate Dungeons where I'm seeing the 0/1, like Korro Ruin (?), Dale Family Tomb, Horklump Hollow, etc.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to go ahead and finish since I read a partial spoiler with all the spoilfags trying to ruin this one.

That said, it didn't really ruin anything for me. Have lots of thoughts on the end, although since most people won't finish for a while, no one will probably read them.

So first, the strongest part of the game is clearly the first few hours when you're confined to Hogwarts and then Hogsmeade. Once you're out in the world it kind of loses a little something. Still a great environment and all, but it becomes more of a "wizard flying around doing tasks" thing instead of the fantastical voyage it started out as. The castle was just so strong, and when you lose those magical environments it's just a regular old world.

Regarding the ending, it felt weak. To start, it's one of those "the hero opens the gate so the bad guy can finish his journey and become super powerful" tropes. I guess theoretically it sounds like he would've made it through the defenses eventually, but we just open the door and save him some time.

The fight was kind of lame with the DDR type, cast the color, minigame. And I finally remembered to use potions and they fucking destroyed him (Maxima potion plus ancient magic took out basically giant chunks of HP, until I ran out of ancient magic bar).

And as for the spoiler, I had read the part about Fig dying. Dunno what came after that as I stopped reading. But it wasn't dramatic. He basically had an overexertion death, or maybe heart attack. Not a hero's death, but a sad old man death. It just kind of was a fizzle moment, where I think they hoped for a Dumbledore type death impact.

I chose all the "good guy" options with Fig at the end (protect it and forever). Wondering if that impacts the ending in any way.

The final cutscene was annoying too. Black basically gives a bumbling eulogy so the woman can come in and give it? Why was this necessary? And then I had to laugh at Sebastian and his "oh, I guess goblins weren't the bad guy after all" comment about Rookwood. Uh, yeah, I mean except for the fact that it was literally all goblins and then one human wizard in Rookwood. But "not all goblins," right?

I'll keep playing and knock out the 100% type stuff. I've also got a main mission type task (with 2 subtasks) still, although it's not labeled a main quest, so we'll see what comes of that. All in all I think I give this one an 8/10 after it's all said and done. The story was good, although maybe a bit meh at the end (not bad, but these never live up to what they've built up). It's definitely probably the best first 5-10 hours of any game I've played in recent memory. And I was right that they did introduce one thing right at the end that you basically never use.

Edit: To add, 43.3 hours for this. I did get lost big time for some of the more involved quests in the castle. That place is still a fucking maze to me.

1toJ5co.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Decided to go ahead and finish since I read a partial spoiler with all the spoilfags trying to ruin this one.

That said, it didn't really ruin anything for me. Have lots of thoughts on the end, although since most people won't finish for a while, no one will probably read them.

So first, the strongest part of the game is clearly the first few hours when you're confined to Hogwarts and then Hogsmeade. Once you're out in the world it kind of loses a little something. Still a great environment and all, but it becomes more of a "wizard flying around doing tasks" thing instead of the fantastical voyage it started out as. The castle was just so strong, and when you lose those magical environments it's just a regular old world.

Regarding the ending, it felt weak. To start, it's one of those "the hero opens the gate so the bad guy can finish his journey and become super powerful" tropes. I guess theoretically it sounds like he would've made it through the defenses eventually, but we just open the door and save him some time.

The fight was kind of lame with the DDR type, cast the color, minigame. And I finally remembered to use potions and they fucking destroyed him (Maxima potion plus ancient magic took out basically giant chunks of HP, until I ran out of ancient magic bar).

And as for the spoiler, I had read the part about Fig dying. Dunno what came after that as I stopped reading. But it wasn't dramatic. He basically had an overexertion death, or maybe heart attack. Not a hero's death, but a sad old man death. It just kind of was a fizzle moment, where I think they hoped for a Dumbledore type death impact.

I chose all the "good guy" options with Fig at the end (protect it and forever). Wondering if that impacts the ending in any way.

The final cutscene was annoying too. Black basically gives a bumbling eulogy so the woman can come in and give it? Why was this necessary? And then I had to laugh at Sebastian and his "oh, I guess goblins weren't the bad guy after all" comment about Rookwood. Uh, yeah, I mean except for the fact that it was literally all goblins and then one human wizard in Rookwood. But "not all goblins," right?

I'll keep playing and knock out the 100% type stuff. I've also got a main mission type task (with 2 subtasks) still, although it's not labeled a main quest, so we'll see what comes of that. All in all I think I give this one an 8/10 after it's all said and done. The story was good, although maybe a bit meh at the end (not bad, but these never live up to what they've built up). It's definitely probably the best first 5-10 hours of any game I've played in recent memory. And I was right that they did introduce one thing right at the end that you basically never use.

1toJ5co.jpg
I can't wait for the sequel: Nappy Natty and the Triggered Tranny.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
All the Bandit Camps I've cleared show 1/1 Collection Chests, so yea, I got those. Its the more elaborate Dungeons where I'm seeing the 0/1, like Korro Ruin (?), Dale Family Tomb, Horklump Hollow, etc.

hork.png

You're missing a chest.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m about 25 hours in and about 15 of those are probably just dicking around in Hogwarts looking for secrets, taking in the scenery and doing side quests. This place is absolutely massive.

I wonder how many of the moving paintings are copy paste because I haven’t seen a single one repeated.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Started playing today and ended up spending all day on it. Don't play many single player games these days but this one is really well done.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got to level 15 before I learned you can transmog (and hide) your gear. Been running around with half my slots equipped and with subpar gear because I didn't want to look like a whimsical moron.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just hit a goblin in the face with an anvil. It sounded exactly like I thought it should sound.

• 4Like
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 4 users