Hogwarts Legacy

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m about 25 hours in and about 15 of those are probably just dicking around in Hogwarts looking for secrets, taking in the scenery and doing side quests. This place is absolutely massive.

I wonder how many of the moving paintings are copy paste because I haven’t seen a single one repeated.
There are a large number of repeated paintings throughout Hogwarts / Outside world. Best painting so far that I've seen was in a hallway, some young lady looking really happy to be rocking out on a mandolin, along with other musicians.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got to level 15 before I learned you can transmog (and hide) your gear. Been running around with half my slots equipped and with subpar gear because I didn't want to look like a whimsical moron.
How?

Let me google that for me.... Oh thank God. F on change apperence at items select. I just look like an asshole now rather than Captain Colertime retardo

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The pacing of levels and quests seems to be all over the place. I feel like I'm perpetually unlocking features a long time after I should have already been using them.

For example: by the time I unlocked talents I was already level 15 and had a whole mess of talent points to spend right away with a new 'tier' opening up one level away.

Narratively I just had my character comment, while on a main quest, that they took down an Ashwinder in a very incredulous tone despite me having murdered a metric fuckton of the things already. By the time I unlock Avada Kadavra I'll have already killed a couple hundred people plus tons of goblins etc.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will be fun when I get AK, with talents that spread Curses... Just kill everything at once. I do wonder if Talents effect the skills you get in battle arena.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The pacing of levels and quests seems to be all over the place. I feel like I'm perpetually unlocking features a long time after I should have already been using them.

For example: by the time I unlocked talents I was already level 15 and had a whole mess of talent points to spend right away with a new 'tier' opening up one level away.

Narratively I just had my character comment, while on a main quest, that they took down an Ashwinder in a very incredulous tone despite me having murdered a metric fuckton of the things already. By the time I unlock Avada Kadavra I'll have already killed a couple hundred people plus tons of goblins etc.
Hit lvl29 and I'm just now getting Poppy's quest.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In 30 years you'll be glad you saw the parents.
Older i get the less i believe this. Not about parents specifically, just in general.

When i die in my death bed, surrounded my family and loved ones, I'll probably be thinking, "damn, i wish i played ff7 or ultima online when it was current instead of hanging with the boys or having a girlfriend."

Helps that my old man plays EverQuest, though my wife is unconvinced that playing EQ with him counts as "family time" like seeing her family does.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Splash the Pot
Reactions: 1 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Found my first legit bug in the game. The Saving Biscuit quest. If you've previously cleared that camp and picked the lock on the cage, the lock will not be present when you go to do this quest. I haven't found a work around at all yet.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's also apparently one to unlock the cage at some poacher camp, and if you clear it without the sub quest, it just becomes un-completable. I think I may have actually encountered it like an hour after reading that. Not sure though, but I made sure not to unlock the cage either way.
Tried to warn you.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know, I just realized...no patronus. At all. Not for you, not mentioned by anyone else. Just absent completely.

Kind of disappointed. I remember before the game came out, a bunch of you trying to get the one you wanted on the fan site, which is then imported into the game. Guess it was just the wand though?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
You know, I just realized...no patronus. At all. Not for you, not mentioned by anyone else. Just absent completely.

Kind of disappointed. I remember before the game came out, a bunch of you trying to get the one you wanted on the fan site, which is then imported into the game. Guess it was just the wand though?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Patronus is kinda useless unless they have Dementors.

Apparently Hufflepuff has a unique quest that sends them to Azkaban, so you may see it in use there.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh? Didn't realize each house had their own quest. The Ravenclaw one wasn't very exciting.

The Playstation one sounds like one I want to do, too. I need to look into modding it so I can try it out instead of waiting a year or whatever it is.

Ravenclaw, not really much of a spoiler, but doing it anyway:
Ravenclaw was just an addon to the Jackdaw quest, which I think everyone does from what I've read. The only addition is a "puzzle" with statues, for a minor side-story with Ollivander.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah if you are a puff then you get apperated into Azkaban with a retired auror, who has a bunny patronus. Completly against all logic and lore and such but hey it is in the past.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
One thing I do not like and feels like absolute shit are the broom riding controls. Jesus Christ it’s like trying to drive a car after drinking a keg of beer solo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing I do not like and feels like absolute shit are the broom riding controls. Jesus Christ it’s like trying to drive a car after drinking a keg of beer solo.
After a while the broom controls feel good.

My only issue with them is finesse when you're hovering. And I figured out it's because depending on where the camera is will reverse the controls, and not oriented to your character/broom.

The balloons definitely became harder with max upgrades. Seems like they're tuned for where they're located in the world, so if you miss some of the ones around Hogwarts/Hogsmeade and go with a max broom, you're way too fast.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just hit a goblin in the face with an anvil. It sounded exactly like I thought it should sound.
Rumor has it they drove out to the desert with the Diablo 4 team and dropped anvils on coyote heads to get the absolute perfect sound effect for this.

• 1Like