Hogwarts Legacy

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Unpacking took 15 mins, no day 1 patch that I noticed. Starting now!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure why some of you guys are having such a hard time with what Tuco said. It's pretty cut and dry:

• JKR says this is what she thought
  • We have no evidence of what's in JKR's head other than what she tells us
  • It's fine to believe or suspect that she is making it up, but there's no evidence to support it. It's just a hunch based on your own beliefs about someone you don't know.
  • A lack of evidence that you're wrong is not evidence that you're right.
  • This is essentially the same logical fallacy the anti-JKR people are falling victim to, but from the opposite side of the issue
  • This is why we can't have nice things
Personally, who cares? Gay wizard, straight wizard? IDGAF, but I don't see any good reason to call her a liar.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not sure why some of you guys are having such a hard time with what Tuco said. It's pretty cut and dry:

• It's fine to believe or suspect that she is making it up, but there's no evidence to support it. It's just a hunch based on your own beliefs about someone you don't know.
  • This is essentially the same logical fallacy the anti-JKR people are falling victim to, but from the opposite side of the issue
Personally, who cares? Gay wizard, straight wizard? IDGAF, but I don't see any good reason to call her a liar.
There was no point in the books where Dumbledore's sexual preferences would have been inserted unless its was too specifically point out he was gay.

Last edited:

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I agree with that. There's also no reason she would need to include information on his sexual preference in a kid's book. That doesn't mean that she didn't think of him that way when designing the character. The point is that a lack of evidence for one thing, isn't evidence of the opposite.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Gravel Gravel Ambiturner Ambiturner let me know if this isn't clear enough. I can maybe throw this post in ChatGPT with a prompt of "write as if talking to a 5 year old" and see if that helps too.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Did you buy the Deluxe version? The base doesn't get the headstart.

I did.

Edit: readying steam discussions, I'm far from the only one having this issue...but that doesn't make me feel any better about it happening.

• 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
As much as I try not to buy new games that I'm going to play for 2 hours and then forget about and feel bad about not finishing, I think this has won me over. Where's the best place to buy this right now? I think someone mentioned a Steam key from some website, but I can't find the post again in all the political crap.

Fucker

Log Wizard
As much as I try not to buy new games that I'm going to play for 2 hours and then forget about and feel bad about not finishing, I think this has won me over. Where's the best place to buy this right now? I think someone mentioned a Steam key from some website, but I can't find the post again in all the political crap.
Right now, Steam. 3rd party keys aren't working.

• 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I think Green Man Gaming is the site I've seen suggested. They have a discount on it right now of 15%

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I did.

Edit: readying steam discussions, I'm far from the only one having this issue...but that doesn't make me feel any better about it happening.

mine has been unpacking since 1 pm est. about 90% done

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Green Man Gaming is the site I've seen suggested. They have a discount on it right now of 15%
GMG is the only legit key seller that I have seen have consistent discounts on games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users