Hololive - Vtuber Thread.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's crazy, I woulda pegged Ina or Kiara being the first to retire. Gura prolly going to take this the hardest, their last collab stream will prolly be a kick in the feels

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That's crazy, I woulda pegged Ina or Kiara being the first to retire. Gura prolly going to take this the hardest, their last collab stream will prolly be a kick in the feels
I think Gura would have graduated by now, but she's their biggest EN star. Cover seems to take care of their talent though and given Gura time to get medically better and take long breaks.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Gura would have graduated by now, but she's their biggest EN star. Cover seems to take care of their talent though and given Gura time to get medically better and take long breaks.

They certainly haven't had as much drama as the other vtube company, but I imagine Gura being their gravy train gives her way more wiggle room than the others. Plus she just got an updated model, something I doubt they'd roll out if she was planning on retiring anytime soon.

Anyway, love watching her rage over games

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They certainly haven't had as much drama as the other vtube company, but I imagine Gura being their gravy train gives her way more wiggle room than the others. Plus she just got an updated model, something I doubt they'd roll out if she was planning on retiring anytime soon.

Anyway, love watching her rage over games

I read that after the whole Rushia thing that Cover has gone through great lengths to make sure that the people they hire aren't "weird" and get a long with each other. It's surprising that a company that filled with all these girls there doesn't seem to be much friction between all of them.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I read that after the whole Rushia thing that Cover has gone through great lengths to make sure that the people they hire aren't "weird" and get a long with each other. It's surprising that a company that filled with all these girls there doesn't seem to be much friction between all of them.

Yeah I type Nijisanji into youtube and every other video recommendation is about who backstabbed who.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You can tell they are pretty bummed about Ame. I feel like Calli will probably take it the hardest because of her irl past and her friends abandoning her after she "made it." I think especially since Myth were the first they are probably closer, overall, than the other gens.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Now my feed is flooded with these clip videos!

I know next to nothing about any of this, but I do find some of the clips you guys linked amusing. I have to ask this one super important question though.

Those two chicks that play as one character, is "Bau bau" the jap version of a dog's "bow wow?" I'll admit I did laugh pretty hard when they hit Garibaldi and thought he died. And when they dressed him up in the spider costume.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Now my feed is flooded with these clip videos!

I know next to nothing about any of this, but I do find some of the clips you guys linked amusing. I have to ask this one super important question though.

Those two chicks that play as one character, is "Bau bau" the jap version of a dog's "bow wow?" I'll admit I did laugh pretty hard when they hit Garibaldi and thought he died. And when they dressed him up in the spider costume.
Yeah, bau bau is just their Japanese bark. They are also legit twins and how often they are in sync is pretty crazy.

Also welcome to the rabbit hole. It be deep.
I was actually one of those Vtubers are stupid people, but it's just refreshing to watch these girls be entertaining without doing the full on "girlfriend experience" stuff. I probably wouldn't have started watching them too much if it wasn't for the pandemic and me just losing interest in network TV shows.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, bau bau is just their Japanese bark. They are also legit twins and how often they are in sync is pretty crazy.
I'm assuming no one knows what these chicks actually look like?

That shark girl you guys link is pretty funny, but her avatar looks about 11.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Gura is actually one of the ones that does have RL pics floating around, she streamed under the name Senzawa before she joined Hololive. She's like 26 or so.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

It's like a taboo thing to talk about "past lives" or irl stuff. However if you look you can find some of them. At least the ones that did live streaming before vtubing.

Gura has always been a Vtuber and pretty sure she's maybe near 30 now. She does have a loli type avatar, but she doesn't really sexualize herself. She was Senzawa before joining Hololive. That is where she became famous. She would stream drunk and shit, but is best known for:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Only thing people know about Gura is she's 4' 7" IRL and always tells stories about bank tellers offering her lollipops because she's so tiny. Other than that she's done a good job hiding her identity considering how popular she is. A few of them have done reveals both on purpose or accidental, for example Calliope is also Demon Dice on Youtube and she streams in human mode.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unfortunately for Kiara she's quite well known as Keekihime and what happened to her is a great example of why vtubing is becoming so popular from the performer side of things.

Supposedly a lot of the older JP hololivers have pre-vtubing face pics floating around too but since I can't read moonrunes I can't say how authentic any of it is.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Gura is actually one of the ones that does have RL pics floating around, she streamed under the name Senzawa before she joined Hololive. She's like 26 or so.
I have only seen one pic of her.
You can find Kiara as Keekihime and Ame used to livestream as Sachiowo on YT. Calli is also known as DemonDice Karen, she was a rapper in Japan before she became a Vtuber. Those are the only ones I ever really looked into. It just came down to, it didn't really matter what they looked like.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Unfortunately for Kiara she's quite well known as Keekihime and what happened to her is a great example of why vtubing is becoming so popular from the performer side of things.
Yeah, that dude stalking her for like 10 years and then showing up and attacking her again recently. Also the police apparently being like no help at all about it.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, that dude stalking her for like 10 years and then showing up and attacking her again recently. Also the police apparently being like no help at all about it.
I've had aspirations of burying an axe in his forehead ever since I saw a clip of it. Mostly because it's easy to imagine that kind of behavior escalating, especially given how long he's apparently been obsessed with her, but something about the scene yanked on my white knight strings so hard I started to spontaneously manifest a suit of +1 full plate.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've had aspirations of burying an axe in his forehead ever since I saw a clip of it. Mostly because it's easy to imagine that kind of behavior escalating, especially given how long he's apparently been obsessed with her, but something about the scene yanked on my white knight strings so hard I started to spontaneously manifest a suit of +1 full plate.
It's funny, at first I didn't really like Kiara too much. Over the years though she's really become one of my favorites.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny, at first I didn't really like Kiara too much. Over the years though she's really become one of my favorites.
I still don't like the cringe-inducing thirst trap shit she does, like I think it's supposed to be ironic because she's so over the top with it but it still puts me too much in mind of the whores who only stream to advertise their OF. At least Marine is funny and memorable when she does it, like when they crammed her avatar into Ina's OG costume to sing Violet.

• 1Like