Home buying thread

Kais

<Gold Donor>
So my offer was accepted at list, and the seller wouldn't negotiate on closing costs. Home inspection came back, and while there are like 20 items they are all minor but are plumbing and lighting related, one window sash the thermal seal broke with fogging between the panes, and a shutter that just needs a couple screws. Requested they have all items fixed, point by point, ended up being a 3 page PICRA. Seller came back with most items crossed out and a note to the effect "will not hire a contractor or trade but will have someone look at it" sounded like they were going to ask a friend's husbands cousin or some shit. Countered with some estimates and that i would waive all repairs if they cover closing costs. Seller agreed! I'll be able to get all this shit fixed for two cases of beer and just saved 9 grand.

Close end of Oct =D

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Countered with some estimates and that i would waive all repairs if they cover closing costs. Seller agreed! I'll be able to get all this shit fixed for two cases of beer and just saved 9 grand.

Close end of Oct =D
screwdriver-start-the-car.gif

naw, here's 9g instead

grats dawg