Home buying thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Put the door to the master bedroom closet IN the master bedroom, not in the bathroom. I lived in a house for a couple of years that had the closet off of the bathroom and I HATED it. Steam up the bathroom with a hot shower and it steams up the closet as well, sucks for getting dressed afterwards, the closet becomes a sauna since there's no window or vent/fan in the closet to clear the heat out quickly(I've also heard the constant moisture is bad for your clothing).

I basically always ended up taking all of my clothes from the closet, and carrying them out into the cool/steam-free bedroom and getting dressed there. Defeated the whole purpose of a walk-in closet.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Put the door to the master bedroom closet IN the master bedroom, not in the bathroom. I lived in a house for a couple of years that had the closet off of the bathroom and I HATED it. Steam up the bathroom with a hot shower and it steams up the closet as well, sucks for getting dressed afterwards, the closet becomes a sauna since there's no window or vent/fan in the closet to clear the heat out quickly(I've also heard the constant moisture is bad for your clothing).

I basically always ended up taking all of my clothes from the closet, and carrying them out into the cool/steam-free bedroom and getting dressed there. Defeated the whole purpose of a walk-in closet.
I actually suggested that to my wife awhile back, but she wasn't having it. She didn't like the idea of the furniture arrangements in the bedroom being limited.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fair enough. I'm already a douche for the suggestions =p Sorry bout that. Just excited to see someone making something and eager to critique.

One last thought then: see if the diagonal double doors for the bedroom and study can be done as pocket doors.
I didn't take offense to anything you said. I don't mind your thoughts. Everyone prefers different things.

Siliconemelons

I actually suggested that to my wife awhile back, but she wasn't having it. She didn't like the idea of the furniture arrangements in the bedroom being limited.
The closet in the bathroom is such not a practical or "good" thing - yet it is currently a fairly big design fad... it comes from large homes that have 2 entrances to the closet from the master suite and the mater bath - and the bath intro to the closet is usually somewhat separated by a vanity area that leads to the closet... so when this "high end" concept is translated to normal size houses (that are still large mind you :p ) it is just a closet in your bathroom so you can steam all your clothes...heh.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just came back from home inspection. Only major issue with house is the back half of the roof has some hail damage. Not severe enough to allow for water damage but needs repairing. Dish washer also leaks so that would need to be replaced for a va loan. Aside from that minor things like outlet not being gcfi, caulking in the bathroom etc.

Realtor advice is to give a $1000 on the price to get the seller to agree to the repairs.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just came back from home inspection. Only major issue with house is the back half of the roof has some hail damage. Not severe enough to allow for water damage but needs repairing. Dish washer also leaks so that would need to be replaced for a va loan. Aside from that minor things like outlet not being gcfi, caulking in the bathroom etc.

Realtor advice is to give a $1000 on the price to get the seller to agree to the repairs.
Wait, the realtor said to just take 1K off the price to do the repairs yourself or ADD 1K to the price so the seller will repair it?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Add 1k to the price to get the roof repaired, diswasher replaced/fix and termites treatment/warranty. What he thinks the seller would go for since seller is already giving 3% for closing and home warranty.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
What kind of savage has a toilet with no sink
The same ones that have these installed.
rrr_img_123184.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The same ones that have these installed.
rrr_img_123184.jpg

Not saying its going to be the next big thing but damn that is pretty awesome. Perfect for a tiny space and wanted to stick a shitter in there but didn't have room for a sink. Great conversation piece.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Even though there's probably zero difference between having your toilet bowl 2 feet from your sink vs. 6, I think that will gross too many people out.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
It's a pretty common setup in bathrooms in Japan, that's where I first saw this setup. My toilet doesn't have this but I think the reverse is a bit gross. My toilet is separated by a door from the rest of the bathroom. This means people leaving the toilet room are opening the door w/o washing their hands. It's similar to a public restroom and people opening the door to the stall first before going to (hopefully) wash their hands.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You realize when they flush shit particles fly up out of the toilet and into the air, on the walls and onto everything in the room right? Their hands are the least of the worries. Much less your belt, shoe laces and cell phone which are probably dirtier than anything in the bathroom including the seat that people sit their bare ass on and piss on depending on its position.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol at the last few posts.

Yay we found a seller who's less of a dick and actually countered our offer with something we could live with. We've countered back seeing if we could get them to pay a little more closing, but hopefully something we can get done over the next day or so.

Thanks to the interwebs I can see that the seller bought another property in December, potentially facing 2 mortgage payments in their near future should help our cause I hope.

Edit: counter received and accepted. Woot.