Home buying thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What does the base include? I know my house, which isn't exactly anything spectacular, took another 30k in builder upgrades. Without it I'd be stuck with the world's most garbage carpet, lino in the kitchen, non-fenced yard, no appliances.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What does the base include? I know my house, which isn't exactly anything spectacular, took another 30k in builder upgrades. Without it I'd be stuck with the world's most garbage carpet, lino in the kitchen, non-fenced yard, no appliances.
Oh for sure we will put another 10-20k in it easy.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Heres the only two that really show anything, rest I took were of close ups of random stuff since the listing pics were all pretty much accurate and photoshop free

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Tile > carpet I must say. You can throw down rugs over whatever you want but it's so much easier to clean.

That is very much an Arizona house. Congrats.

Do something with that backyard. I suggest trellises and peppers to make your own salsa if you are into that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Cool, kitchen looks decently redone. Nice thing about Saltillo tile is you can always get replacements as well.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I've always loved the look of Saltillo tile. It's so 70s yet it doesn't age at all, in my opinion.

Tenks

I know I'm a yuppie in the suburbs but I'd be so depressed having bars on my windows

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've always loved the look of Saltillo tile. It's so 70s yet it doesn't age at all, in my opinion.
I think it only really looks 70s if you don't have spanish or southwest architecture. It looks very dated in a lot of houses I saw when I was looking.

RE: bars, they do suck but that's just indicative of the age of the neighborhood more than the safety. Now you have wifi security cameras in every home. I have a french door and a slider behind the back, if anyone really wanted to break in they could but the alarm would go off. On the front door I got a steel reinforced frame and a steel entry door instead of those awful looking security storm doors that everyone else has. Good luck prying that open. Won't stop anyone, but that's what the lovely little security system camera and insurance are for.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Lived in a bad neighborhood growing up and even once we moved to a nicer one I came home to found our house broken into... I was maybe 13 or 14 and it stayed with me for several years. Would have recurring dreams of walking around my house from a perspective about a foot taller than me, was creepy as hell. So yeah, don't mind bars. Wife isn't a fan and our current home doesn't have them but we love our security system and it's on at night and whenever we're not home.

We should have prequal/approval stuff done tomorrow sometime, and also meeting with our realtor at our place to start the process of concurrent selling and buying tomorrow afternoon. We have a laundry list of things to get done, clean, fix before listing, realtor going to provide some guidance. Wife currently in love with this property so probably going for it if it's still available in a day or two:https://www.redfin.com/NV/Las-Vegas/.../home/29955630.

Spent the weekend cleaning and packing, wife got a storage unit to start getting things out of the house, wasn't too expensive to do as long as we're out in 3 months.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I can't do houses that close. I don't need a ton of room but that's just the typical early 2000's+ lot sizes. I need to be able to fall out of a window without striking the neighbor's house.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Do something with that backyard. I suggest trellises and peppers to make your own salsa if you are into that.
Thats the plan eventually. Would like to eventually try my hand at a garden maybe, grow some tomatoes, strawberries etc.

Bars dont bother me too much. Growing up my dad had lived in a pretty nice area of Phoenix and had bars on his so not a shocker to me.

Tenks

Yeah sorry I wasn't ragging on the house or neighborhood or anything. It seems extremely common for homes in that area to have bars on the windows from watching HGTV and all that. Is the crime rate really that high to warrant it or is it just a cultural thing now?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'd be more worried about fire safety than burglar safety with the bars.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man that one room has a lot of electrical sockets, I'm jealous. That's one of the few things the guy that redid our house really dropped the ball on. He took the house down to the studs but neglected adding more electrical sockets.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Sign of the times when the house was built like Palum said. It was built in the early/mid 70s when crime was actually a problem(same time my dads was too). Nowadays id bet its against hoa rules to put bars on houses in the newer subdivisons.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh for sure we will put another 10-20k in it easy.
My wife and I put 60k in upgrades when we built our house but half of that was doing upgrading the garage, kitchen and master bath. It was way to easy to add lots of upgrades because so many were $200-$500 range.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's the plans for a home I designed. 1820 square feet. We're pouring the foundation today.
rrr_img_122895.jpg