Homeland

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Did they? I was watching a shitty online streaming version and they looked blank.

I assume it woul have to be Brody's if she is actually pregnant, there were a whole lot of tests there and she didn't take up fucking Josh Homme until recently, so I am assuming they have showed us who she has fucked.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did they? I was watching a shitty online streaming version and they looked blank.

I assume it woul have to be Brody's if she is actually pregnant, there were a whole lot of tests there and she didn't take up fucking Josh Homme until recently, so I am assuming they have showed us who she has fucked.
wow you must have had the shittiest stream, it was a pretty big +, heck the ept (whatever brand) even had + pregnant, -not pregnant.

i don't think it's brody, i don't remember season2, when was the last time she slept with him? in the cabin? let's just remember that this eps she said something like "you bombed 12-12, we started 12-13"

in tin man down (the first eps s3) it said that she was called to testify 58days after the attack.

so i'm assuming if it was brody she'd be at least 2months preggers, mostly 3 by this eps.

it's most likely that guy she had stair sex with and then later stole money from.

but maybe, she did have a pregnancy test at the psyc ward and they said, "oh btw, you know your a nutball that's pregnant?" that could be a possibility too.

maybe now that we know saul is on the outs with his wife (separated?) he'll hook up with the financial analyst?

spronk

FPS noob
the whole basis of the saul character is that he is completely unable to form non work relations, isn't driven by sex, can't be romantic, is completely dedicated and consumed by work, won't talk about "feelings", etc. It would be pretty dumb for him to start hooking up with anyone.

So yeah, he probably will hook up with Dana in the season finale and have a threesome with the black roommate. ewww.... but kinda hot...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know how long this show is supposed to last but I imagine they could make it a couple seasons just while she's pregnant the way the timeline of this show has gone. I can't really see that her actually having a baby could be compatible with the show but maybe she would put it up for adoption or pass it off to her sister or something. I don't think even in this day and age they would have the balls to have her get an abortion just because it would cause a lot of blowback for the show and people boycotting Showtime and shit. Of course a convenient miscarriage is always an option.

If they do the Dexter thing where she just has a kid and leaves it with a hot 23 year old nanny 24-7 who never seems to mind that she never gets to leave the house then I'm getting off the Homeland train.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just finished watching last night's episode. As Carrie sat with Javadi during the lie detector scene, I swore that I knew him from somewhere.

Then during my shower it popped into my mind. He was the angry shop owner that got robbed in Crash. The one that went on to shoot the security company installer guy with a blank and everyone thinks his daughter gets shot instead.

That fucker!
I think hes also the torturer in that one Arnold movie True Lies.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
the whole basis of the saul character is that he is completely unable to form non work relations, isn't driven by sex, can't be romantic, is completely dedicated and consumed by work, won't talk about "feelings", etc. It would be pretty dumb for him to start hooking up with anyone.
INTJ like a boss.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I'm kind of annoyed that they're contradicting earlier scenes so they can trick the audience with these big reveals. First you have Carrie genuinely shocked by Saul's testimony to the Senate when they've already planned this big operation. Now you have Carrie's pregnancy after she was committed to a mental institution where they would have undoubtedly tested her.
Maybe I missed this, but I was under the impression that Saul didn't actually fill her in on this?

BrutulTM_sl said:
I don't think even in this day and age they would have the balls to have her get an abortion just because it would cause a lot of blowback for the show and people boycotting Showtime and shit.
I was thinking just that as I watched the scene... it's painfully obvious that she should get an abortion, but TV can't allow for that to happen. It's ok to repeatedly stab someone in the throat with a bottle, but an abortion is out.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Maybe I missed this, but I was under the impression that Saul didn't actually fill her in on this?

I was thinking just that as I watched the scene... it's painfully obvious that she should get an abortion, but TV can't allow for that to happen. It's ok to repeatedly stab someone in the throat with a bottle, but an abortion is out.
Clearly the best option is for her to get stabbed in the stomach with a bottle.

Szlia

the whole basis of the saul character is that he is completely unable to form non work relations, isn't driven by sex, can't be romantic, is completely dedicated and consumed by work, won't talk about "feelings", etc.
I don't agree with this portrait you make of Saul. The love he has for his wife, the father/daughter relation he has with Carrie or that he developed with the terrorist girl in season 2 (?), show he has a very high level of empathy, but he keeps his emotions bottled up and share his rage, pain and doubts with no one. Only rarely the pressure cooker explodes (scolding the muslim analyst, punching the iranian super spy).The character reminds me a lot of Toby in The West Wing, both have this tremendous gravitas, but also something painful, an aura resulting from their inner struggles, their lonely war, and the crushing weight of their responsibilities. Also both are bearded jewish intellectuals that have marital troubles with their very successful wives.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I don't agree with this portrait you make of Saul. The love he has for his wife, the father/daughter relation he has with Carrie or that he developed with the terrorist girl in season 2 (?), show he has a very high level of empathy, but he keeps his emotions bottled up and share his rage, pain and doubts with no one. Only rarely the pressure cooker explodes (scolding the muslim analyst, punching the iranian super spy).The character reminds me a lot of Toby in The West Wing, both have this tremendous gravitas, but also something painful, an aura resulting from their inner struggles, their lonely war, and the crushing weight of their responsibilities. Also both are bearded jewish intellectuals that have marital troubles with their very successful wives.
Agreed. Saul is totally more like a fellowISFJthan one of you INTJs.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They didn't spell it out, but the impression that I got was that she was in on everything. The whole "I'm not taking me meds, and look how mad I am at Saul!" bit was for her family.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Prior to the revelation (for us) when was the last time Saul and Carrie met in person? He showed up at the nutty ward after Saul went public with the she was banging Brody bit?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Saul and Toby also both have that same condescending whisper of a voice that I fucking hate. I am not sure why it annoys me so much, but it made The West Wing unbearable sometimes.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Everyone is forgetting Carrie's one night stand when she got released from the mental hospital by the lawyer working with Iran. She was on the run and avoiding her house, had no money, and her credit cards were frozen. Remember? He was waiting outside in a black SUV the next morning after she lifted some money from skateboard guy's wallet.

Szlia

Seemed like a lot of positive pregnancy test for it to be him. On top of that, Google tells me that the most sensitive home pregnancy tests take a week after conception until they are able to detect the pregnancy hormone in the urine (The more you know!).

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I didn't say it made a lick of sense, but that's definitely the last dude she's banged and it was after being admitted to the hospital.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
You can't have that many abortions and still be fertile. But who knows, there are a lot of holes in the writing of this show.

Szlia

The fact the test was positive did not seem at all like a surprise for Carrie, so it's fair to assume she checked it several times before, so maybe the drawer represents two or three previous abortions (witch is not totally out of the question when you consider how her lifestyle pas presented in the first season).

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Either that or she really is pregnant by Brody and her obsessive personality forces her to take a pee test every single day, even knowing what the outcome will be. Doesn't explain the hospital admittance not picking it up or lack of any kind of a baby bump. It is funny that she buys pregnancy tests by the gross.