Homeland

Szlia

I thought they skipped the 2nd season of this show?
rolleyes.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
curious, does this air on Showtime with brown people subtitles?

rrr_img_94262.jpg

and I know this is season 3, but hey, is this how persians read watches?
biggrin.png

HOLY FUCK Where did they find a baby so incredibly ugly? Is that a real baby or is that Damian Lewis, CGI down 40 years?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the first is a nearly perfect season of television. I'd still pick that one. This season has been great though.
Imagine Season 1 had ended with Brody triggering the vest, and this had been Season 2.

It fits perfectly. Carrie is redeemed because she was right about Brody all along, the Vice President dies anyways, no one else important was in that room, the ugliest baby in the history of TV never makes an appearence, Carrie gets sent to lead Islamabad.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I had sorta forgot about this show, but here comes Season 5. Not sure how good it will be, but I will definitely be watching to see how it goes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
s3 sucked, s4 saved the show. s5 should just be about Quinn and Saul, Carrie really drags down the show.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Pretty sure I quit this show after season 2. Did it get better?
S2 began good, got terrible toward the end (Comically bad, like most network shows). S3 began bad, but managed to be decent in the final 3 episodes or so. Season 4 was pretty awesome again because they dropped Brody's family and cut out most of the family shit, and it became a spy show again. The only big hold back in S4, was, as Lanx said, Carry's family shit. Saul/Quinn scenes that season were amazing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
s1 is great, just that if you want to continue, you have to be really hardcore and grin it for 2 really horrible seasons (s2/s3). And unfortunately you cannot skip s2 or s3.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I cant hate on anything in Homeland - i watch this shit like clockwork even when its not as good as i want it to be. I dont think Carrie drags down the show, i mean who the fuck is going to play the fucked up nut female if not her?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just started watching S1 with the wife so... it only gets worse huh?
I would take this evaluation with a grain of salt because some people on this board get excessively butthurt when a show digresses from the main story line to show what is going on with the family of the hero/heroine (see Breaking Bad). That said, it became more and more difficult to come up with a plausible story line that kept Brody relevant and they had to stretch a bit to do it. I personally wouldn't say that this part of the series was "really horrible" but it did have its problems. They resolved the issue very effectively at the end of S3.

Szlia

Season 2 is really the shark jumping olympics. They try to keep the same frantic pace as in season 1 and up the ante, but all they manage to do is a hot mess that breaks the bullshit-o-meter. They still pay for this, because several huge things happened in that season that simply cannot be hidden under a rug. For Season 3 and 4 they wisely went for a more deliberate pace and both are solid seasons. Some people don't like parts of Season 3 that focus on Brody's family, but it has more to do with not being interested in that aspect of the story, than flaws in the story itself.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
s5, tolerable if you FF every scene that has carrie in it, which is a lot.
highlights are of course gonna be quinn/saul.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I liked the premier. The islamic state and terrorists infiltrating Europe are certainly ripped from the headlines. Also, the kid is a lot less ugly now.