Homesteading and Hobby Farm/Ranch

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of fruit trees, I took the shortcut from Boca to Tampa this weekend and drove across 60 through Lake Wales and Bartow. Got to see all the orange groves that you used to see off of the Turnpike before they all got turned into houses and condos. The area along 60 doesn't look like it's changed in 40 years.
There’s some pretty great areas of Florida off the beaten path. No shortage of tree farms. Unfortunately I think development is just pushing further out into these areas.

Citrus has taken a real beating here due to greening. I’ve heard that growers in south Florida have found ways to slow down the negative effects of greening but these are big commercial operations. I’ve decided to try to grow citrus regardless of greening - trying to stay true to Florida.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Yeeehaw! Tractor has been in the shop all week having the three rear remotes installed, two floats and one scv. Really only needed the two rear floats for more granular grading but figured might as well add a third remote now while they’re doing it.. Having the tires filled. Service lady said they only fill 25% to tire stem which doesn’t seem right.. Would have thought tire stem at 12 o clock and then fill. How much fluid % wise are yall running in tires?

Also the maintenance schedule on these things is nuts. Every 50 hours. I’ve had it since October and it’s almost at 30. Does anyone do their own maintenance?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeeehaw! Tractor has been in the shop all week having the three rear remotes installed, two floats and one scv. Really only needed the two rear floats for more granular grading but figured might as well add a third remote now while they’re doing it.. Having the tires filled. Service lady said they only fill 25% to tire stem which doesn’t seem right.. Would have thought tire stem at 12 o clock and then fill. How much fluid % wise are yall running in tires?

Also the maintenance schedule on these things is nuts. Every 50 hours. I’ve had it since October and it’s almost at 30. Does anyone do their own maintenance?

Well you'll finally be able to get your vespene gas production back up

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Do your own maintenance, just make sure to use OEM fluids and download the Kubota app. Also, get the right tools the first time you do it. You'll use those tools forever once you have them, and they'll make the job of maintaining your tractor easier every dang time.

And new tires should be filled at least 75% fluid. As time goes on you should increase that to 90%.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Closest place I can think of to post this.... And since I am the self ordained person to bring the potato religion to you people here we are...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Closest place I can think of to post this.... And since I am the self ordained person to bring the potato religion to you people here we are...

That's really cool. I grow a lot of potatoes, might try some like this.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Dealer finished up the 3 rear remotes. Went to check on it today. Valves were covered in surface rust. The fuck Kubota? Paint your shit wtf. Other than that and some missing stickers for the new rear remotes I’m happy. Will post pics after it gets delivered tomorrow.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Paint can be a mixed blessing. JD paints everything and then you get a shaft or something home and you have to spend an hour sanding the paint off to get a bearing on it.

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Newest member of the homestead

unnamed.jpg

• 12Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 12 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Paint can be a mixed blessing. JD paints everything and then you get a shaft or something home and you have to spend an hour sanding the paint off to get a bearing on it.
Yeah. So I talked to the dealer and was like “just a bit bummed I’m spending 5k on all this and the valve bodies don’t look new”. Well they’re steel and they offered to paint them. I declined. I’ll clean them up with permatex rust remover and then maybe just keep them coated with wd40 or something to keep rust away.

Also need to get a damn carport for it next month.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. So I talked to the dealer and was like “just a bit bummed I’m spending 5k on all this and the valve bodies don’t look new”. Well they’re steel and they offered to paint them. I declined. I’ll clean them up with permatex rust remover and then maybe just keep them coated with wd40 or something to keep rust away.

Also need to get a damn carport for it next month.
You can also most likely get "Kubota Orange" spray paint at the hardware store. I always keep a couple cans around if I have to weld something or take the paint off for some reason.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
You can also most likely get "Kubota Orange" spray paint at the hardware store. I always keep a couple cans around if I have to weld something or take the paint off for some reason.
That’s not a bad idea to get ahead of paint chips turning to rust.. Thanks for the heads up

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Dealer finished up the 3 rear remotes. Went to check on it today. Valves were covered in surface rust. The fuck Kubota? Paint your shit wtf. Other than that and some missing stickers for the new rear remotes I’m happy. Will post pics after it gets delivered tomorrow.
Post pics would like to see what they did.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Post pics would like to see what they did.
Finally got it back Friday evening. Dealer did a great job. You can’t see the valves I was complaining about rust but they just put black paint on them so looks clean. Even had the side step fixed. Pardon any weird spots in images, had to edit out a few stickers for PII purpose.

The rear plate with three coupler attachments. I did two float valves and one regular SCV. Not the best angle but you can see the top and tilt cylinders and two hoses running to them.

IMG_4976.jpeg

So right now the top and the tilt are on float. From my reading most people don’t float the tilt but for contour grading it can be helpful and that’s exactly my reasoning for it.

Again excuse the poor angle but this is the three rear remotes along with the regular stock 3 point lever.

IMG_4978.jpeg

I don’t really have any use right now for the third remote. I could use it for say a BB with hydraulic scarifiers but those things were just too expensive for my taste. I mainly got the third and put it on a regular scv because it would be cheaper to just add it now while I’m adding the two versus sometime in the future and the part cost delta was acceptable.

Iirc you have the MX, I think the grand L and everything bigger come with some form of rear remotes stock so dunno how exciting this is for you.

• 1Like