Homesteading and Hobby Farm/Ranch

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So while I'm out with my back surgery wife taking care of critters, Freezing in the morning b4 works. She's discovered her cheap halloween costume over her robe = warm legs before she comes in to change and shower for work and put real clothes on.

Meanwhile I'm hoping the neighbors dont see her.
1702312813398.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I smartened up a few years ago and keep overalls hanging up in mud room and always put them on before going out back.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Came home from a trip and it looks like a gopher or one of his little relatives left a trail of mounds in my back yard stretching across two neighbor's lawns.

Paramount Network Beth GIF by Yellowstone

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Fuck Gophers. Little pieces of shit. I shot a couple this summer but apparently this just stimulated them to fuck more, cause now I swear we've got twice as many.

Scientists need to stop working on this deextinction bullshit and focus on extinction. Fuck gophers, they need to not exist anywhere on this planet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Brush hogs have a special ability to find well heads
I can’t tell if this is sarcastic. Like I know they would find it but would that not damage the wellhead and brush hog? There’s also buried bricks and all sorts of stuff. I think I’m really close to where it is.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Came home from a trip and it looks like a gopher or one of his little relatives left a trail of mounds in my back yard stretching across two neighbor's lawns.

Paramount Network Beth GIF by Yellowstone
Wild. I’ve never seen one here and don’t have them to my knowledge, on my property. Apparently they do exist here though. Best to get out in front of this and invest in NODS.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Gophers/groundhogs are such a pain in the ass. I always have a shotgun on my tractor when I'm working or cutting grass or whatever. If I see one, I shoot it immediately.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Thats an interesting idea. I split a lot of wood, I'm gonna have to try that.

With that said, WTF is wrong with the dude in the video? He bends over on each chop like he's made out of spaghetti. Dudes gonna destroy his back. But also, WTF why? Is the axe too short for a normal chopping motion or something?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He's splitting it right on the ground. Most people set it on another log so it's not so awkward to hit. Also a pretty large percentage of your logs probably won't fit in the tire unless you have different sizes lying around for different logs.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats an interesting idea. I split a lot of wood, I'm gonna have to try that.

With that said, WTF is wrong with the dude in the video? He bends over on each chop like he's made out of spaghetti. Dudes gonna destroy his back. But also, WTF why? Is the axe too short for a normal chopping motion or something?
First thing that comes to mind is that bending over like that gives you more control over the axe and dramatically reduces the chance that an errant swing bounces off those springy rubber tires and creates a meeting between your face and the back end of the axe head.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
He's splitting it right on the ground. Most people set it on another log so it's not so awkward to hit. Also a pretty large percentage of your logs probably won't fit in the tire unless you have different sizes lying around for different logs.
I guess thats it, now that you mention it WTF why isnt it on a chopping block.

I also think the axe handle is shorter than normal. Its just weird to watch, its like he's bowing to the wood after each swing. Use your arms bro, its not yoga

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You can do the same thing with a simple strap. Strap the wood together, chop it all, unstrap it. All good.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What does your minecraft homestaed look like, folbro?
Not anywhere that expected it to be. I have a pretty Gucci chicken coop and about 40 fruit trees needing to be planted this spring after I’m done solarization. Starting to realize to just go with the flow and not put so much artificial pressure on myself to meet my own self set deadlines as it’s taken the fun out of it.

The Kubota just got picked up yesterday by dealer. Having three rear remotes installed and tires filled. Stoked about this..

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not anywhere that expected it to be. I have a pretty Gucci chicken coop and about 40 fruit trees needing to be planted this spring after I’m done solarization. Starting to realize to just go with the flow and not put so much artificial pressure on myself to meet my own self set deadlines as it’s taken the fun out of it.

The Kubota just got picked up yesterday by dealer. Having three rear remotes installed and tires filled. Stoked about this..
Speaking of fruit trees, I took the shortcut from Boca to Tampa this weekend and drove across 60 through Lake Wales and Bartow. Got to see all the orange groves that you used to see off of the Turnpike before they all got turned into houses and condos. The area along 60 doesn't look like it's changed in 40 years.

• 1Like