Horizon: Zero Dawn

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Really struggling to care about this one even though it feels like I should.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They mention crafting and monster hunting being a key component of the game. :) so yeah it's everything like monster hunter. Plus very tactical combat. Hopefully it's good.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I must be an in the closet misogynist, but I just can't get behind the idea of female lead in this type of game. Game looks pretty good though...

• 1Salty
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hmm... why is this $60 on Prime? Is the Prime discount only applied when it ships and you're charged. Been a while since ordering a physical game.

Well, maybe this doesn't have Prime Savings? Nier shows up correctly as $47

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Ordered with Prime and it got the discount when I checked out. This is one game I am really on the fence about canceling since not sure if it will live up to expectations... prime discount is the only reason i per-ordered.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
First off, fuck you filthy pre-order bastards. Don't give them money pre-release...you know this.

I must be an in the closet misogynist, but I just can't get behind the idea of female lead in this type of game. Game looks pretty good though...

If the story goes that there is a tribe of....whatever....where the men and women are hunters & warriors, I think it's fine.

It's the damsel in -distress turned super bad ass heroine- stuff that I'm not really a fan of. Since I'm ok with the latter when it's a male, I guess I'm a misogynist too. ;)

• 1SJW
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You aren't wrong. The only reason I was considering the pre-order was b/c of Prime Savings. Every other game that I've clicked on shows it except for this. Maybe I can jump on Live Chat and ask wtf is up.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You aren't wrong. The only reason I was considering the pre-order was b/c of Prime Savings. Every other game that I've clicked on shows it except for this. Maybe I can jump on Live Chat and ask wtf is up.

You will get the prime savings when you also order within 2 weeks after launch. Also, Bandwagon, they get no money up front when we preorder on Amazon. We only get charged when it ships, and have plenty of time to cancel.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
A day 1 purchase is still putting power in the hands of the marketers more than the game designers.

That Hello Games! Space mining game is the last day 1 purchase I'll ever make.

If horizon has good reviews after a week, I'll pick it up.

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm holding off because this is one of like 5 games that has to be worth playing enough for me to buy a PS4 :p Need to wait for all of them to hit.

spronk

FPS noob
i only have 3 rules for a female protagonist in any game, its also the same rules i think any guy should use for dating

1. she must be hot, and never gain more than 15 lbs
2. she must not get a dick at any time, surgically or magically
3. there will be no other dicks in close proximity to the female

tomb raider and dishonored 2 followed those 3 rules, I enjoyed both of them and expect the same from Horizon Zero Dawn

re: amazon prime, it doesn't show up until the very last page of checkout nowadays right before you place your order. it shows up as a $x discount.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
4. The voice sounds must not be over-the-top cringe level.

Example - 90% of female characters from league of legends. Every time they get hit, it sounds like a care bear princess inserting her first tampon.

Good - Illaoi, Quinn, Kindred

Bad - Lux, Lulu

Fedor

<Banned>
voice of aloy:

ashly-burch.jpg

her brother:

Careercow - Anthony "Ally" Burch

iUWnU6N.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aside from her stupid SJW "feminist" politics and her brother being the biggest retard alive, she's a pretty decent VA. I thought she did a really good job in Life Is Strange, and she sounds fine in the promo videos for this game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Who gives a fuck what she thinks? She isn't writing the game is she?

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
A day 1 purchase is still putting power in the hands of the marketers more than the game designers.

I mean not really. It's really easy to take a game back if the day one reviews are shit. I do it with Best Buy all the time. Most recently with Last Guardian