Horror Comedies

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are quite a few of these out there. some purists hate them because it diminishes the genre, not me, i love me some lolz with my horror films. ok off the top of my head in no particular order my favorite horror comedies.

House 1 and 2
An American Werewolf in London
Re-animator
Cabin in The Woods
Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein
Dead Alive
Evil Dead 2
Return of The Living Dead
Shaun Of the Dead

anyone else?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Do the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes count?

ah, I kid the movie industry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Texas Chainsaw 2 is kinda a comedy, but its so fucking gory that its way too far in the horror category to legitimately call it a comedy. i dont even count the remakes as movies. the less they are discussed the better.

oh here is another good one.
Killer Klowns From Outer Space. and how can i forget Arbitrary's favorite ,Night of The Creeps

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if they count but I laugh my ass of at

Maximum overdrive
Chopping mall
They live
Bubba hotep
Critters
Black sheep
Zombieland
Dead and breakfast

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black sheep
You reminded me of another one.

Undead
It starts off pretty straightforward and as it progresses it becomes sillier and sillier. Pretty good shit.

Good clip from the movie, but it has a spoiler so don't watch if you want to experience it fresh.

Szlia

Hong Kong has a number of horror comedies many of which are hilarious, provided you enjoy this type of humor.

Mr Vampire
We Are Going To Eat You
Chinese Ghost Story

Come to mind

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Killer Clowns From Outer Space is fairly goofy for a horror.

edit: As Chuk suggested but I totally passed right over. Anyway good goofy horror.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is a really low budget one called Student Bodies from the early 80s which is so corny you actually laugh at some of the jokes. 30 years later i still sometimes end a phone call by saying click(if you have seen the film you get it). anyway. trashy film but funny and also scary at times.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Tucker and Dale was very impressive. I have watched it several times.

Slither is pretty fun.
Pirahna 3D
Jersey Shore Shark Attack (putting it in here anyway)
Teeth
Cabin in the Woods
Lake Placid
Eight Legged Freaks

More recently released are Hell Baby, which had its moments, and Haunted House (Scary Movie quality)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
If you can find a DVD copy, I recommend The Willies. I used to rent it frequently as a teen and recently watched it for the first time in 20 years.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More recently released are Hell Baby
Oh can't believe I forgot that. It's so GD stupid but still funny. The two best things about the movie are Keegan Michael Key(from Key & Peele) in almost every scene he's in, and just watching Rob Corddry react to the ridiculous shit going on and bring said. But it's pretty funny throughout, and there's a really long full frontal nude scene ofRiki Lindhomefrom the comedy singer duo Garfunkel and Oates. If you like 'em really skinny you'll appreciate it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
How are you guys forgetting Tremors? First one is a god-damn classic. Others are pretty bad, but I watched them all anyway since the first one was awesome.