Horror Comedies

cguy_sl

shitlord
What about the Korean horror comedy "The Host"? It was great, and you know how the monster looks like 5 minutes into the movie. I think they are planning a sequel.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Watched Big Ass Spider. Stars the mind-reading cop guy from Heroes. It's a pretty SyFyish movie, only it wasn't horrible (CGI was, but hey). Sidekick Jose was great and led to many a chuckle.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I feel like I may have posted this already but can't find it so... I finally got around to watching The Cabin in The Woods. Not at all what I was expecting. What a great flick.

Lina_sl

shitlord
What about the Korean horror comedy "The Host"? It was great, and you know how the monster looks like 5 minutes into the movie. I think they are planning a sequel.
I have been watching some Korean horror lately and it's not even marketed as comedy, but I find myself laughing at scenes which I am sure are unintentionally funny. Most recent one that comes to mind is "Cinderella".

The film is old(2006) so I guess I can excuse it for being outdated and that not helping it much on the being scary department, but oh my God, there are some gems there, specially when major plot details start being revealed (spoiler tags coming...)

Mom catching dad getting a quick bj somewhere in the building when she went to deliver him that envelope.

Every time the fugly daughter shows up, because all I could think of was how the daughter they considered pretty was just a total butterface, which hey, didn't seem too different from the fugly one. If I were a guy, applying guy logic here, paper bag on both their heads would fix their problems, no need for some fucked up drama and face transplant, right? But this film was exploring ladies' issues, I think? Or was it the Korean "Eyes Without a Face"?

Oh and to contribute something else besides Cinderella, Sheitan was pretty funny too.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Comedy Horror does sound more appropriate for an official genre, but I always preferred the term Traumady, or Traumadies. If people are dying and I am laughing, then it's a traumady. Of course that definition puts a lot of traditional horror movies into this category for me, because I am sick in the head like that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
House 1 and 2 has guest stars from Cheers, they are awesome for that alone.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
after watching that video i was shocked that its on dvd. back in the day i could never even find on vhs. i wonder if wise guys is on dvd

Caliane

both house and house 2 are on netflix instant.

did love them as a kid. so imaginative.

also "we are never going to get a movie like this again." really? we just had cabin in the woods. Tucker and dale. Trick R' Treat. john dies at the end, etc...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think she meant that you will never get a movie like that that uses humor, practical effects, dodgy language, sexual innuendo, 80s retro, scary scenes and still being aimed at as a kid's film. and honestly she is right. there are lots of films made in the 70s and 80s that will simply never be made again now because they would be insanely inappropriate and creepy. 3 examples, pretty baby, little darlings and blazing saddles.