House of Ninjas

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: House of Ninjas

Genre: Action & Adventure

First aired: 2024-02-15

Cast: Kento Kaku, Yosuke Eguchi, Tae Kimura, Kengo Kora, Aju Makita, Nobuko Miyamoto

Overview: Years after retiring from their formidable ninja lives, a dysfunctional family must return to shadowy missions to counteract a string of looming threats.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Oh hell yes! Feel like we have not had any new ninja movies or shows since Ninja Assassin came out in 2009.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My day sucked. After watching the trailer I forgot all about it. Yes, baby.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Yes, but will it match up to this masterpiece of cinema?

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Spaghetti Eastern? Who knew?!

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, but will it match up to this masterpiece of cinema?

This is my jam. As a kid my friends and I waffled between wanting to be ninjas or Ranbo.

Bro down the street had "authenticate ninja stars" from the flea market and a stack of Ninja magazines.
N%201984-3%20Cov.jpg

Good times.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I must be becoming racist. When I saw this in side panel I thought it said house of ni.....

• 1Worf

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Awesome fucking movie. I grew up watching Ninja Theater in the 70's. Since then, over-the-top martial arts shit is almost always worth a watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

This out now. It's not off to a particularly promising start with the whole "painfully shy boy, who is a ninja, is in love with the overly dramatized cute and nurturing strong woman who acts like a mom" typical weird Asian love story.

Hopefully it's a footnote but with how it started... seems like it's gonna be a very annoying central theme.

EDIT: Yep, seems like it's gonna be a Romeo and Juliet story except with the Freudian nightmare Asian themes.

Last edited:

Khane

Eh. Seems I may have jumped the gun. I do get a little jaded about the weirdness of Asian romance culture. I'll keep watching. The kid seems to just be aloof rather than timid.

Khane

This show doesn't know what story it wants to tell, no cohesion at all. It's all over the place. Not a lot of action either.

Also, whoever was the sound director for this shouldn't have a job in entertainment. Really weird soundtrack and a complete lack of music or sound effects in key scenes which is really weird.

Khane

This show is written by a white guy.

There are a lot of writing credits, David Boyle only has writing credits for 1 episode. Everyone else is Asian. It also wouldn't really matter if a series was written by a white guy if the directors and producers and actors are all Japanese.

They will have a much different interpretation of "Okay, the writer wants the female lead to act coy in this scene" than American directors, producers, and actors would, for instance.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database