House of the Dragon

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They're just retroactively explaining it to get some brownie points with a certain crowd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
All these states have a clause where you can do it to save the mother's life. They don't say that out loud.

But yeah we have the confession, so...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean how is it even remotely anything about rvw? her choice to abort by... let it suffocate inside her and then pooping it out later? she even told the king, shes done feeling the sads for all these dead babies shes birthing, so the king is like, well csection it is!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't realize there was that amount of backlash against the Laena and Viserys thing.

I stumbled across a bunch of rage articles from SJWs about how wrong it was. I figured nobody could be that invested in this show-- I was wrong.

Also they bitched about the marriage to Alicent, and the actress playing Alicent is 19.

• 1Picard

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Roe V. Wade before HotD:
"A woman has a right to abortion X weeks before birth."

Roe V. Wade after HotD:
"Abort that little shit X minutes before birth."

Well that escalated quickly. I guess they missed the line that it was either, "lose the mother or lose both."

Kind of hard to make it about modern day issues when odds are women in a first world nation won't have someone overseeing their childbirth who's only qualifying experience is, "they're old as fuck and read some stuff."

Also they bitched about the marriage to Alicent, and the actress playing Alicent is 19.
Well, it's current year, so with SJWs...

merryn-trant-game-of-thrones.gif

It was her or Toddlers in Tiaras, so I don't know what to tell 'em.

Even the actor playing Viserys nailed the reaction of, "you honestly expect me to take this proposal seriously?!" when he was walking in the garden with the kid.

spronk

FPS noob
i mean how is it even remotely anything about rvw? her choice to abort by... let it suffocate inside her and then pooping it out later? she even told the king, shes done feeling the sads for all these dead babies shes birthing, so the king is like, well csection it is!

i'm not defending it but I'd assume from a womans POV its about roe v wade in how a man made the decision for the woman, "get the baby let the mom die". For those that missed it the maester says it is a breach birth, which means the baby is sideways. Modern days you just do a c-section and save both, but back then either you turned the baby (they tried and failed), you leave the baby and it suffocates and dies (cord around head twisted), or you cut the baby out and mom dies from blood loss.

Which is silly really, the ACTUAL sequence of events in every real human relationship would be the king telling his wife that the maester says either the baby survives or she does, crying and asking her what she wants to do. the woman says the baby is all that matters, and begs him to save it. no pregnant woman in history has ever said "FUCK THE BABY SAVE ME"

But that makes the woman look like she has agency and makes her own decisions, and Hollywood can't have that. Must show oppression by white men every time you can.

Next episode we'll have a scene where a Goldcloak-cop stops the black lord and kneels on his neck while running a background check on his raven

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
HoTD continues to be very D. Anytime Matt Smith is on the screen it's good, but that's not very often.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no pregnant woman in history has ever said "FUCK THE BABY SAVE ME"

I feel its a very safe assumption that you were simply exaggerating here. I'm 100% sure there were at least a few women who have or would say exactly that.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i really enjoyed it, felt much more like Game of Thrones than the first 2 episodes. It was nice getting out of the small council room. Kinda fun to see the meta game now between this and Rings of Power.

pour one out for my homie King Bobby B, a targ killed a boar while he got drunk and fell to one. RIP also Crabfeeder, I was expecting great things from him... terrible, yes, but great...

also jesus christ Viserys has fucking leprosy or some shit how can da Queen look at him and not be throwing up

HOTD_ViserysRot.jpg

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
jfc came to talk about dragons and you fire giant derps are karening about how roe v wades is ruining your immersion
1662351149023.png

• 4Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
More GoT-like now in Episode 3. Council-only vibe is fading, opening up to a more King's Landing politics that's a bit broader in scope that you came to expect from the original GoT brand.

I still firmly believe they should have given 2-3 minutes of screentime to the Hightower family and Sea Snake outside of their Council-only existence in the pilot episode and Episode 2.

We now see the Sea Snake (black guy from Ep 1 and 2) out in the field-- but he doesn't actually do anything. Not only does he not do anything, but he doesn't even really say much of anything or display any leadership skills that support his high station and rank. The introduction of his son was just as weak as his father.

So this means that it's exactly what I said in Episode 1 and 2 review. The Sea Snake/black guy is all mouth, and no show.

That's pretty poor story telling even if the showrunners main goal was to use him for exposition.

Positives are Viserys has more to work with acting wise, all to his benefit in Episode 3. He's become more compelling of a character, but I'm not sure I'd say interesting yet.

As mentioned above, Episode 3 drops from a B rating to a C- for the ending.