How to Breach an Employment Contract and Get Away With It?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ignore the employer, or taunt the shit out of them. Then don't pay it back. Then post about what happens.

For science.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I took an 80-100 point hit for 7 years over a 50 dollar credit card bill my wife signed up for that I never knew about, never got a bill for and the first I ever heard about it was when I got called by a collection agency. Paying the collection agency won't get it off your credit report so whats the point...
You can request pay for delete in writing then if they agree you have to write all 3 credit bureaus. Otherwise there's no benefit to paying it at all.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You can request pay for delete in writing then if they agree you have to write all 3 credit bureaus. Otherwise there's no benefit to paying it at all.

What if it wasn't the collection agency that reported it? They wouldn't even be able to delete would they?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
They will probably just invoice you then take you to small claims, Then you will lose (sorry) and be forced to pay.

Paying after a court judgement is for pussies. Just send them a picture of $3K in cash spread around your balls while flipping off the camera. And most importantly, keep us posted.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that this is the grown up forum and there is no trolling allowed.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that this is the grown up forum and there is no trolling allowed.

Oh sorry.

Easy peasy take $500 of that 3k then drive down to Kensington Ave by the corner of Allegheny.

You'll find a 7-11 and strewn about you'll see sleepy looking people. Give one of those sleepy people a knife and a ride to the ceos house.

Once the nice man stabs the CEO to death pay him $500 and give him a ride back to the ave.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I guess the bottom line is whether or not you are worried about a hit to your credit score. If you plan on making any big purchases in the near future like buying a new house or car, then a 50-100 hit on your credit score may be meaningful. On the other hand, if you don't care about your credit score being high-600s vs mid-700s, then keep the 3k.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
We've already covered the credit score & collections aspects, both of which you seem unconcerned by. Excellent. That leaves us with what to do if you get hit with a judgement in small claims court. Read this article, but from the perspective of the crafty deadbeat debtor instead of the collector.

Problem solved. Or you can go with a_skeleton_02 fix if potential jail time is also lulzy.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I guess the bottom line is whether or not you are worried about a hit to your credit score. If you plan on making any big purchases in the near future like buying a new house or car, then a 50-100 hit on your credit score may be meaningful. On the other hand, if you don't care about your credit score being high-600s vs mid-700s, then keep the 3k.
Only concern is being able to get student loans in a couple years when i start business school.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guys i thought it came out a few years ago it was judgment and if you spelt it wrong you was an idjit

sole

Molten Core Raider
If your only concern is federal student loans I wouldn't worry about it. Your credit will take a ding and that's what you should be concerned about. Ask for a PTD (pay to delete) and if they agree then get a written letter sent to you with the terms, sign it and return it with the amount agreed upon. Usually PTDs are more expensive than the principal. So you can chalk up paying $3k+ now or possibly paying more than that in interest rates over the course of the next few years if you take out any type of loan. Generally, with a score in the 750's you'll see a more significant drop in your score than a person with a score of, let's say 600. Basically, the higher your score the more it will drop.

I would look at the language in the actual contract and see if there is any way you can expose a flaw in their language. If it's just a 1 page agreement you'll likely lose on this front, but if it's multi-page contract with inclusive language you might have some wiggle room. Lawyers and linguists are helpful here. It's amazing how much you can make implicit language work in your favor if you know how to spot it--cell phone and utility contracts are notoriously bad about this, which prompt constant amendments to their contracts.

$3k is petty is the scheme of things with a 750 credit score though. Work out a payment plan, just pay it, or PTD--your future interest rates with thank you.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
contract sounds straight though.
you work 12 month non-compete and we give you $3000 in faith.

no?

you breached the contract. give it back to me.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
7UjvChP.jpg

"A Lannister always pays his debts"

Time to change your Avatar Keg,.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Every time I think I'm a real piece of shit, I find a kegkilla thread to cheer me up.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think that's like a heroin junkie pointing to an alcoholic and proclaiming their superiority because they never drink a drop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users