I do not believe in equality

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I thought long and hard about finding as many links as possible to support my argument. Honestly though, no. This is a fairly simple conclusion and I will relate the basics.

1. Somebody warped the term equality. We are not equal and nothing in nature or reality proves this. In fact nature and reality work in opposition of equality.
2. This is not about race or gender. If anything the greatest thing we ever did was convert from race and gender being markers of ability and potential to money being the marker of success.
3. Equality of opportunity was the most ideal thing we could have driven for based on the intents of the founding fathers.
4. Most of the social unrest we have now comes from undefined social caste and forced attempts at equality that are really pushes for personal power based on identity politics.

Anyways refute my points. I personally think you cannot.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Seriously though, you're right. The name of the game is equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.
Equality of opportunity has some pretty compelling arguments against it:

rrr_img_135238.jpg

The problem is, everybody wants to convince you they're the short guy, even if they ain't.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Equality of opportunity is the only thing I have ever seen anyone substantive actually advocate for. This isn't Harrison Bergeron, no one outside of crazy extremists is advocating institutingactualequality. I have never heard anyone actually advocate for it but I assume those people exist.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Equality of opportunity has some pretty compelling arguments against it:

rrr_img_135238.jpg

The problem is, everybody wants to convince you they're the short guy, even if they ain't.
Here's the thing though--by giving the tallest guy ALL the boxes, he can harvest the whole tree, and feed everyone, and maximize human efficiency and progress so the short guy can go build something rather than trying to do this job he's poorly suited for. That's capitalism; diverting resources to those most capable to supply the need within specializations. (It doesn't always work like this of course, but nothing is ever that simple. Like the fact that there are more boxes in the equity picture, which is when equity will magically work--when resources are infinite we can waste them on people doing what they have no natural aptitude for. Which yes, will sometimes allow us to discover more things, but again, that requires resources to allow.)

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
The Founding Fathers were all about equality of opportunity.*

*Except for slaves.
At the time it was logical. If the people in question came from ignorant tribal people's as a whole they would have "seemed" inferior intellectually. Nobody is saying they were right and time definitely proved them wrong but circumstantially they made the correct assumption.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
The Founding Fathers were all about equality of opportunity.*

*Except for slaves.
Also to directly address your point. They were not trying to focus on equal opportunity the way we see it now. If you look at what I actually said I believe it's the lesson we should have taken from their intent. Not the express intent of them individually.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
My point is more don't use the Founding Fathers in your bullet point. You asked for them to be refuted and turns out it was trivial.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I agree so I cannot refute.

What if black and latino poor wages is due to genetic factors and not white racism? What if we should be focusing on fetal care to help improve IQ? Or child abuse (including spanking) to reduce future likelihood of violent tendencies? Or dual parent households to lower poverty?

Nah. It's the whites fault. Better dump more money into teachers unions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

What if black and latino poor wages is due to genetic factors and not white racism? What if we should be focusing on fetal care to help improve IQ? Or child abuse (including spanking) to reduce future likelihood of violent tendencies? Or dual parent households to lower poverty?

average IQ of illegl mexicans is 82 and american blacks is 85

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Me neither.

I'm glad stuff isn't equal or I'd have a lot of shit coming to me that I actually deserve that I didn't get. I bet a LOT of people would.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think Equality of Opportunity was always the goal, anyone who thinks we can ever be all equal is ignoring one of our greatest strengths, diversity.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider

Spanking eh? Fuck it I'm convinced. There is no equality.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Evidence suggests that spanking is equivalent to child abuse, on the mental effects of the child. The data is in. And there's a lot of it.