Interstellar (2014)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I haven't read the script like some others here but I think it was mentioned that the US and China fought a resource war with both losing and that's how the planet got even more fucked up. In the movie I don't think either country exists as we currently understand it, that's why India was sending surveillance drones to see what was going on.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Got two tickets for Nov 8th at an iPic theater. Looking forward to this!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Again, the 2008? script is out there. And everything suggests the movie is 95+% the same. (And I meaneverything. E.g. You don't include them playing baseball at the beginning unless you need it to establish one of the ending shots, which in turn tells you that location is intact.)

The big issue is worldwide famine caused by crop plagues. The full exchange is basically "We don't need more engineers, we need more farmers, or else we will fucking starve to death." Part of that exchange is to establish MM's motivation to explore, and part of it is your standard 21st century morality screenwriting problems - nowadays you need to establish a hell of a reason for why MM would abandon his children on a dying planet.

And yes, there is some time travel / causality loopage. But as bizarre as this sentence sounds, the movie version still having a baseball game in it categorically means the movie does not end where it starts.

We talked about plants months ago. Everything else is a spoiler only if you already knew the spoiler.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Get HYPED first screenings are getting crazy raves.

OMFG Nolan made sweet love to my eyes_sl said:
An undeniable awards contender exploded onto a huge Imax screen for a select audience of Hollywood tastemakers and talent on Wednesday.

"Interstellar," by writer-director Christopher Nolan, has been held tightly under wraps and eagerly awaited, not least because the filmmaker ("Inception," "The Dark Knight") consistently works with big ideas on a vast visual canvas.

"Insterstellar" did not disappoint in that regard, offering up the filmmaker's stunning vision of a future in which the survival of humanity is not a given.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I didn't even... lol AGW?

Seriously who still worries about that? Go buy up coastal Alaskan beachfront property by the millions like a smart person.

Arakkis

N00b
Don't tell me you guys actually believe that global warming nonsense that the oil companies have been trying to sell us for years.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I took the time to look at some of the psst reviews of the people that rated this rotten and it made me laugh. Some of these people either downright hate movies, or are only into artsy-bullshit movies. Some of them are the complete opposite of what the cumulative ratings the movies received (rated a movie a 3/10 but the movie as a whole received a 80-90% total)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Really trying to avoid any spoilers on this, sad I saw a little of the stuff above, but I'm really stoked that my IMAX just sent out an email saying they are closing for two days this week to install new luxury seats just in time for Interstellar! It really needed new ones (Downtown Sacramento, if anyone has ever been to that one before).

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I took the time to look at some of the psst reviews of the people that rated this rotten and it made me laugh. Some of these people either downright hate movies, or are only into artsy-bullshit movies. Some of them are the complete opposite of what the cumulative ratings the movies received (rated a movie a 3/10 but the movie as a whole received a 80-90% total)
What makes you qualified to judge the movie or its critics? Even if someone has a dissenting opinion, who cares? Also, I would think that this movie would appeal more to "artsy-bullshit" types.

One reviewer said this movie lacks the human touch which isn't surprising considering how soulless his last 3 or 4 movies are. I'll see it and judge for myself. After all, I'm excited to see how much exposition he crammed into this one.

Juvarisx

Florida
Artsy bullshit typses usually hate anyhitng with a budget

Anyways, you can judge a critic base don their past reviews to get a sense if they generally like things you enjoy (there are critics on there that unilaterally give any superhero movie a negative because they hate those kinds of moves and no im not kidding). There are also trolls who give a negative to anything people enjoy (that Arnold guy who actually gave a scathing review of Toy Story 3) For insantce randomly i clicked on the chick from the village voice who gave this movie a negative. She also gave negatives this year to: Guardians of the Galaxy, Snowpiercer, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Her, while also giving a positive review to "The Legend of Hercules (not the Rock one) which had a whopping 3% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Its why Rotten Tomatoes on an individual level is usually pretty worthless and on a consensus level worthless between 60-80% on the Tomatometer. If something is in the 90's its generally great and below 50 or so its probably shit, but in-between you have artsy fucks, trolls, dittoheads and people who just had a specific genre but review it anyways.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What makes you qualified to judge the movie or its critics? Even if someone has a dissenting opinion, who cares? Also, I would think that this movie would appeal more to "artsy-bullshit" types.

One reviewer said this movie lacks the human touch which isn't surprising considering how soulless his last 3 or 4 movies are. I'll see it and judge for myself. After all, I'm excited to see how much exposition he crammed into this one.
Hahaha, supertouch never fails to go full retard.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Dark Knight Rises is the only soulless shitty movie I can think of that Nolan's put out.