Interstellar (2014)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've watched it 3 times, and I don't think I've managed to get through the scene after waterworld when he's watching videos of his aging children without tearing up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've watched it 3 times, and I don't think I've managed to get through the scene after waterworld when he's watching videos of his aging children without tearing up.
Just caught part of it a couple days ago and it was this scene. Definitely still felt it

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the thing that blew me away the most was the water world itself. I've had all sorts of crazy ideas for strange planets, and read even more in various sci-fi sources, but that shit was just amazing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the science nerds cant see past the science to enjoy the movie for what it was - This and Gravity are amazing movies, now they just need to turn The Expanse into a movie and i'll be stoked.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait what? While it obviously wasn't perfect, I thought the science was remarkably accurate for a Hollywood project dealing with such heavy physics. My only real complaints about the movie are things like the incredibly predictable space madness trope, or how he gets reunited with the daughter he thought he lost forever then decides to leave 2 minutes later.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah personally I had no issue with any sciencey stuff, I mean shit half of what they were dealing with isn't even proven/solved by humans, just supposed, so whatever.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It holds up well for re watch. After seeing it again last night, the worse sticking point is that damn ending scene.
Murphy basically kicking him out at the end was awful. It made no sense after living a whole life with daddy issues.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, it makes a little bit of fucked up ass sense in a way. She probably made peace with never seeing him again decades ago, and with her limited time left wanted to spend it with her real family. And as far as she's concerned, it's only been what, a couple months at most since he last saw her? It's just really fucked up and awkward though.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Stellaris has a mod with this movie's soundtrack and it's absolutely perfect for the game.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah the science nerds cant see past the science to enjoy the movie for what it was - This and Gravity are amazing movies, now they just need to turn The Expanse into a movie and i'll be stoked.
you know The Expanse is on TV and pretty good, right?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People that complain about the science being inaccurate have no idea what they're talking about

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Xexx, did the 10 episode TV series pass you by or something?
No, i watched it! It was awesome, but i want more
frown.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno about this movie, but NDT has given gravity his seal of approval for accuracy. Fuck the haters, these two movies are great. The waterworld scene didnt get me too much as him visiting his daughter in the future who is now extremely old. Shit, i cant even finish typing what happens in that scene without getting choked up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dunno about this movie, but NDT has given gravity his seal of approval for accuracy. Fuck the haters, these two movies are great. The waterworld scene didnt get me too much as him visiting his daughter in the future who is now extremely old. Shit, i cant even finish typing what happens in that scene without getting choked up.
The feels hit hard right there - but everytime i see Matt Damon in this movie im like "why the fuck did they later make a movie to rescue this douchebag?!"

IDK i love movies like this and Contact(which was mentioned earlier in this thread)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The feels hit hard right there - but everytime i see Matt Damon in this movie im like "why the fuck did they later make a movie to rescue this douchebag?!"
I feel like it's the logical conclusion after his origin story on Mars. He goes out again, and this time it's all too much for him.