Investing General Discussion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Its been said that the BIG Unemployment number will not be until NEXT week. As it will have caught up to however they count it.

But this Thursday is still going to be like 2M-5M easy.

Pops

For all the histrionics Ackman had on CNBC, he made 2.4 billion from his hedge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone please tell me what is up with Verizon?? Its not gone through the wild swings most others have, its still sitting near a 52 week low though. A friend tells me its a solid company with solid financials. Why does it seems to be the only stock on my watch list to remain in the red day to day to day? Thanks
It is viewed as one of the most defensive stocks there is. Not saying I agree or disagree. It isnt going to shoot up like the techs and chips.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So it seems my Jan '21 BA call has been resurrected from the dead. I went from being -87% to -38% in two days. Night of the Walking Boeing.

And my Jan '21 RCL call actually traded into the green this morning. It was down -90% a couple days ago.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I know its all with a grain of salt in these heady wild swing times, but my individual account is now back to what it was pre crash.

Just amazing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

With everything running I'm buying some CLNY pfds only a 17% current yield. 25 dollar par at 9.4 Thomas Barrack CEO and a Trump crony bought 2 mill or so.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Excluding the two stocks I had bought to flip just before the crash i am about 5% down in total. Still a long way to go and lots of uncertainty. My best performer is SBUX of all things. Fucking millenials will do without food before they do without their $8 coffee. God I live them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pops

So it seems my Jan '21 BA call has been resurrected from the dead. I went from being -87% to -38% in two days. Night of the Walking Boeing.

And my Jan '21 RCL call actually traded into the green this morning. It was down -90% a couple days ago.
I'd probably kick that RCL.

Pops

Some of my losers that couldn't muster a rally if their (or mine) depended on it are finally perking up. I just don't want to chase anything. One headline, like lost jobs, people dying could switch the algo's to sell mode.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some of my losers that couldn't muster a rally if their (or mine) depended on it are finally perking up. I just don't want to chase anything. One headline, like lost jobs, people dying could switch the algo's to sell mode.
I have two anchors. XOM and M and both were trades a grabbed before the crash. I got a dividend capture on both so that helps. I'm OK holding XOM long term and I'm just watching the rising tide lift M out the septic tank in hopes I can can a decent price out of it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well I saw the dip this morning and bought DIS and RCL, now im up 14% today.

I expect it won't last, feels too good to be true.

Molten Core Raider
I missed the INTC dip, and got to sit and watch it run up a fair bit. Still holding DIS dip, but I am hoping for a slightly better sell out during PH. If not, well, These things happen. Out of 1 of the things I have been holding for a little while and if things go my way I hope to close another today!

I stayed out of the cruise lines for now. 2 green days in a row is nice though!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm skeptical but not at all surprised. We were very overdue for a counter trend rally. Will it be able to weather bad numbers once the sugar high of stimulus wears off and realization we aren't going back to normal in two weeks, we'll have to wait and see.