Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
FYI I closed my QQQ position at the open. This is not a bearish call it's a risk issue for me and current financial situation but wanted to be open about trades. I'm building a house I'm paying cash for and in this case "playing with house money" takes on a whole new meaning.
Good luck with the house. I never followed a traditional investment path. I wanted my house paid for (and property tax here is incredibly cheap) to go through downturns in industry I work in. Once that was out of the way then I could get onto other things. Obviouslyl would make money sense to finance and invest along the way, peace of mind for me.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sold my CAT ahead of earnings. I had already captured this quarter's dividend so a solid 15% return for 4 months of hold. If/when it tanks again I will circle back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I guess have a company totally run by MBA's they can make something out of nothing. Now building a plane that flies is another matter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
IF the correction is over it would make it much more similar to the COVID decline in that you get a steep selloff and strong V with no recheck. That is not the normal flow for a correction. Usually you get a second dip that preferably holds the previous or nothing worse than a hyper fast undercut.
Capture.PNG

Usually on the second decline occurs under less stress. The vix is lower, RSI is better etc. So we might rally for a bit maybe even as far to 454-462 to just do it all over again, but in less dramatic fashion. Don't let fear make you overly cautious of this scenario. If we get stuck below the 200d for a prolonged period then more caution may be warranted. I'm still in the camp of a trading range that could last quite awhile and will slowly narrow over the months until we reach the decision point of breaking up or down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Good luck with the house. I never followed a traditional investment path. I wanted my house paid for (and property tax here is incredibly cheap) to go through downturns in industry I work in. Once that was out of the way then I could get onto other things. Obviouslyl would make money sense to finance and invest along the way, peace of mind for me.
Despite having done quite well making use of money to make money I'm highly against debt. I have been debt free for a long long time. We have discussed this a good number of times over the years here in this thread as it certainly makes sense on paper to borrow and invest but there is a very large intangible that is hard to quantify, but the benefits to my life are big enough I would never give them up to make a little more money.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Day traders just got fucked hoping for that right shoulder.
View attachment 394988
Most day traders arent trading this shit.

Today, like most Fed days, just chop around in a tight range waiting for word from JPow. There aren't many actionable predictable trades to be had in the wait period.

• 1Like

Borzak

Despite having done quite well making use of money to make money I'm highly against debt. I have been debt free for a long long time. We have discussed this a good number of times over the years here in this thread as it certainly makes sense on paper to borrow and invest but there is a very large intangible that is hard to quantify, but the benefits to my life are big enough I would never give them up to make a little more money.

Lumber going back up wildly again :( sad to say.

I wish I had a friend that had an inside ear to OPEC lol. I did read for whatever reason some OPEC countries are having a hard time getting their production back up. Guessing shutdowns and such don't work well for them.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Lumber going back up wildly again :( sad to say.

I wish I had a friend that had an inside ear to OPEC lol. I did read for whatever reason some OPEC countries are having a hard time getting their production back up. Guessing shutdowns and such don't work well for them.
I just paid a large increase on my truss order, I need to get foundation in asap so I can get this full lumber package ordered but it's just too cold to be pouring concrete. Things are an absolute shit show with pricing across the board.

• 1Truth!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1 1/2 hrs to fed and QQQ pushing to resistance...

My gut tells me negative reaction to fed report to get calls cheap then it rockets but that depends if it doesn't tank back to support prior to 2pm.

1643218666766.png

Basically the exact setup that happened to MSFT earnings.

1643218871892.png

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something I am not factoring in is the schedule for QT, if its the consensus that QE caused this bull run, the negative should produce the opposite...

Now I don't really know what to do...