Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It says -20% cut to production of the iPhone SE next quarter. (as well as cutting 10M airpod units for all of 2022)

Not sure that is of any significance to the bottom line.
Yeah I think a lot of investors just sold off the headline without reading the article. AAPL back to even already.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll never understand how this stuff works. 2 oil refineries get bombed catch fire over the weekend and oil is down 7%?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll never understand how this stuff works. 2 oil refineries get bombed catch fire over the weekend and oil is down 7%?

Russian sanctions aren't exactly working, eu demanding they sell them oil in a preferred currency lol China and India gobblibg up cheap Russian oil and laughing their way to the bank.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Russian sanctions aren't exactly working, eu demanding they sell them oil in a preferred currency lol China and India gobblibg up cheap Russian oil and laughing their way to the bank.

Didn't Putin say rubles or kick rocks to the Eu recently?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Indeed, its a pivotal point in the situation, if the EU capitulates and pays in Rubles, thats a major event, especially for the ruble. The opposite happens then the EU is drowning again. America is trying to export LNG but it's going to take time to get that whole process going and it wont be even close to as efficient as a pipeline.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Russia is also doing the chinese trick for selling NK and Iranian goods. They turn off their AIS and transfer cargo in the open ocean so the chingchongs can sell it to stupid westerners.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Not very many trades, selling some 4/14 calls on stock holdings. I did switch to selling puts on ABBV $150 strike. Will sell puts on it until I get it back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EU officially responded today they wouldn't be paying in rubles.

08:07 (DE) Germany Econ Min Habeck: G7 Leaders reject Russia Pres Putin's demand to pay for Russian gas in Russian roubles currency (RUB)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
11:00 (US) Biden Administration Official: Proposes $5.8T budget for FY23 - press
- Projects 50% in US deficit during 2022 to $1.4T

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1RAGE
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Indeed, its a pivotal point in the situation, if the EU capitulates and pays in Rubles, thats a major event, especially for the ruble. The opposite happens then the EU is drowning again. America is trying to export LNG but it's going to take time to get that whole process going and it wont be even close to as efficient as a pipeline.
You have to really adjust to the "time is a flat circle" concept of futures (such as oil). And then combine that with speculation. We aren't talking about Oil today. And we aren't even going to get into discussing contango and backwardization.

Oil is down because those two Saudi locations, while a negative, aren't overcoming the fact that oil investors are pricing in a somewhat return to "normalcy" in regards to Russia and oil production. When we kicked Russia out of SWIFT the oil futures sky rocketed due to people think Russian oil was off the market. And then we saw that nuclear option of SWIFT wasn't actually as bad as we thought. And then not everyone got on board with sanctions. Oil is moving off the "OMFG, no Russian oil" to "shit, oil gonna be expensive for a while" to "oh, oil is over $100?, time for the shale players to uncap and start pumping again".

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA flirting with $1100. Apes going wild on call options.

Elon Musk Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Not very many trades, selling some 4/14 calls on stock holdings. I did switch to selling puts on ABBV $150 strike. Will sell puts on it until I get it back.

How far you going out on those ABBV CSPs?

mr-bean-copy.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Bullish as fuck.

1648480979103.png

+5,800,000,000,000.

Wheres the money going to? That is a huge amount of money!

• 1Like