Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Yes. That being said I dont consider conforming mortgages and car loans to be in the same boat. Anyone can get a car loan. A conforming mortgage is another animal.
People on ARMs are a risk. That is going to be a huge shock but they are not numerous enough to be the systemic issue they were in the housing crisis.

I do think certain areas had massive speculative buying though and could see big drops. Just can’t see bank failures resulting this time.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People on ARMs are a risk. That is going to be a huge shock but they are not numerous enough to be the systemic issue they were in the housing crisis.

I do think certain areas had massive speculative buying though and could see big drops. Just can’t see bank failures resulting this time.
With sub-3% 30-year fixed available, if people were buying arms, they get what they deserve. That being said, I dont think there were a lot of them. I firmly believe housing needs to drop. I just believe its a reversion to the mean and not a crash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
What’s the technical term for amount of stock kept / owned by company associates? Major Holders Breakdown? I was thinking about Palantir at 8 bucks but wanted to see if these fuckers dumped their own shares yet.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What’s the technical term for amount of stock kept / owned by company associates? Major Holders Breakdown? I was thinking about Palantir at 8 bucks but wanted to see if these fuckers dumped their own shares yet.
Insider trades will show the moves officers etc make with the stock.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay we just need 15 more days like today, in a row, for me to get back to green loooooool.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
With sub-3% 30-year fixed available, if people were buying arms, they get what they deserve. That being said, I dont think there were a lot of them. I firmly believe housing needs to drop. I just believe its a reversion to the mean and not a crash.
I mean, the thing with real estate is that it's local. While the trend was definitely up across the country, like always it was cities that had the biggest swing in prices. So prices will decrease with interest rates, but it won't be a bubble popping.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I hope we go back to the 1970s and interest rates are like 18%

Lending out money at a loss for decades is how these FED folks got us into this shit in the first place.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I hope we go back to the 1970s and interest rates are like 18%

Lending out money at a loss for decades is how these FED folks got us into this shit in the first place.

Let me tell you about what happened in 1976...

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All in on REV and fuck fundamentals, IMHO.
Bold Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN