Investing General Discussion

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Inflation higher than expected and accelerating according to data released today.

Two quarters of negative GDP according to data released yesterday.

this is fine. jpeg

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Inflation higher than expected and accelerating according to data released today.

this is fine. jpeg
Its contra thinking. Markets thinking that shit is so bad the Fed will have to slow or stop rate hikes.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ABBV just broke down below the 200-DMA. First time since Oct of '21 it has done that. Lets see if it recovers back above it before the close.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its contra thinking. Markets thinking that shit is so bad the Fed will have to slow or stop rate hikes.
I don't get the reasoning though - arent the rate hikes intended specifically to fight inflation? So shouldnt accelerating inflation signal that the Fed will have to hike harder?

I mean who knows, its starting to sound like that scene in the princess bride, but we don't have any Iocane powder

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's why one of the best quotes about the market is "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not just the double miss. Bad guide too.

16:01 [INTC] Reports Q2 $0.29 v $0.69e, Rev $15.3B v $17.9Be; Cuts outlook sharply
- Guides Q3 $0.35 v $0.90e, Adj Rev $15-16B v $18.9Be
- Cuts FY22 $2.30 v $3.46e

16:06 [INTC] Notes deteriorating macro, inventory and supply disruptions, competitive pressures; Expect 10% decline in 2022 PC TAM; Prolonged supply chain challenges - earnings slides
Guess we know why that garbage company is pushing so hard for CHIPS.

this is fine. jpeg
Bro they just redefined all the technical terms, its ok.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't get the reasoning though - arent the rate hikes intended specifically to fight inflation? So shouldnt accelerating inflation signal that the Fed will have to hike harder?

I mean who knows, its starting to sound like that scene in the princess bride, but we don't have any Iocane powder
You are thinking in a rational line which is presupposing that the humans involved in the decision making are altruistic and only making decions on whats best for the country.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
13:05 [BABA] Added to SEC list of firms that could face delisting under the 'Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act' - Source TradeTheNews.com

Ouch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That INTC year-to-date chart in all its glory.

1659114809851.png

• 1Launch Fail
  • 1Like
  • 1Let's Go Brandon!
Reactions: 2 users