Investing General Discussion

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
nice little shift going into the election, inflation is because we did too good of job, not cause we barfed out unlimited funny money

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah inflation is due to employment maxing. Ok. How is it grown adults don’t understand basic currency debasement via printing presses?

1680880219991.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah inflation is due to employment maxing. Ok. How is it grown adults don’t understand basic currency debasement via printing presses?

What, are you questioning the brilliant leadership of our immaculate and highly intelligent fed?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'll never understand why so many traders that like to show off their "rig" on the internet havent learned how to alt-tab yet

Burns

What about these tards not realizing a 4k screen can display 4 1080 sized windows?
My guess is that all those are purchased over the course of years or decades, so the old ones get put up on the wall, as the "shit still works, might as well use it" type thing. When he bought new ones, it could be hard to justify spending big bucks for big screens when he has a bunch of working ones at home, but those smaller wide screens are on sale......so, might as well get those.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Two monitors is a frivolous luxury. It has literally no actual benefit for a person competent to operate a computer (alt-tab makes this pointless). But at least a person could argue, (and they do, retardedly), that it "makes things easier" because they can read things off one screen then type something on the other, or some variation on this retarded idea.

I've got two monitors, largely for the reason descrived above -- hell, the old one still works so why get rid of it. Its pretty much useless, and the second one is off most of the day. I occasionally look at it. But its frivolous, not really a useful thing.

Cause heres the thing. A human being can never, ever, ever multitask. You are only ever looking at or interacting with a single monitor. Ever. There are no exceptions (except see below)

Having a wall of multiple monitors, if you're not multiboxing for the highest serverwide burst dps, is so fucking insanely dumb it physically hurts me that there are people who not only do it but then post it to the internet as if it was a source of pride rather than something to be mocked.

Guys check out my new rig, I have 26 keyboards, one for each letter of the alphabet. Fucking uber

• 8Moron
  • 1Picard
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Two monitors is a frivolous luxury. It has literally no actual benefit for a person competent to operate a computer (alt-tab makes this pointless). But at least a person could argue, (and they do, retardedly), that it "makes things easier" because they can read things off one screen then type something on the other, or some variation on this retarded idea.

I've got two monitors, largely for the reason descrived above -- hell, the old one still works so why get rid of it. Its pretty much useless, and the second one is off most of the day. I occasionally look at it. But its frivolous, not really a useful thing.

Cause heres the thing. A human being can never, ever, ever multitask. You are only ever looking at or interacting with a single monitor. Ever. There are no exceptions (except see below)

Having a wall of multiple monitors, if you're not multiboxing for the highest serverwide burst dps, is so fucking insanely dumb it physically hurts me that there are people who not only do it but then post it to the internet as if it was a source of pride rather than something to be mocked.

Guys check out my new rig, I have 26 keyboards, one for each letter of the alphabet. Fucking uber
Its not about multi-tasking if you're a software developer. It's about having the space to view multiple aspects of whatever you're working on without having to alt-tab constantly.

EX:
1. Portion of the screen for code
2. Portion of the screen for output (like website as you make live changes hosted locally to see them continuously).
3. Portion of the screen for a database ide to manipulate the backend as necessary to make certain things work.
4. Portion of the screen for dicking off and shitposting on this site to take a break.
5. Portion for keeping open whatever documentation you are currently reading about whatever as you try and make it work.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

lol what

For doing almost any type of complex technical work, 2 is basically mandatory. 1 screen for the system you're working on, 1 screen for the documentation for that system.

More than 2 is a luxury.

For what most people who work for a large corporation do all day, it's 3. One screen for what you're working on, one screen for the docs/code behind it, and one screen for all your internal corporate bullshit like Outlook/Slack/Teams/etc so you're not constantly alt-tabbing to check notifications.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about these tards not realizing a 4k screen can display 4 1080 sized windows?
At my place they just give us a 42” monitor with a 24” vertical on both sides and it solves this problem. We can have that many Bloomberg screens open and not look like idiots.