Investing General Discussion

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its more direct and open than I've heard in his usual public statements.

The American public has not digested this yet. That his vision - the only vision for how we could possible bring down inflation - is that everyone's wages stop growing or even fall. Then slowly inflation rates go down. Of course prices never do - the end result is lower wages, higher prices, but inflation back to ""only"" 2%.

Thats the best case scenario they're working towards. Everyone being poorer, but with 2% inflation.

I'll never understand how we got to the point where we all collectively said "yeah this is fine". its being done deliberately, they're saying so in public, and its fine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My META position was only like 800 dollars but this still is fucked, also considering how much I could have bought when I was told by people I trust that it was drastically oversold.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Its more direct and open than I've heard in his usual public statements.

The American public has not digested this yet. That his vision - the only vision for how we could possible bring down inflation - is that everyone's wages stop growing or even fall. Then slowly inflation rates go down. Of course prices never do - the end result is lower wages, higher prices, but inflation back to ""only"" 2%.

Thats the best case scenario they're working towards. Everyone being poorer, but with 2% inflation.

I'll never understand how we got to the point where we all collectively said "yeah this is fine". its being done deliberately, they're saying so in public, and its fine.
Inflation only matters to rich people when working people demand more money. Rich people don't care about 10 dollar bananas. That's the whole joke.

The only way to make working people better off is if there's a huge surplus of stuff being produced, so stuff gets cheap. We had that for a long time, but it meant a lot of that stuff was being made in China, etc, which had other, different negative effects on workers - stuff was cheaper but wages were terrible.

The only way to fix this is to take money and power away from rich people. Take their money, put them in prison, whatever. Without that, simply giving workers more money just makes the price of everything go up.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My META position was only like 800 dollars but this still is fucked, also considering how much I could have bought when I was told by people I trust that it was drastically oversold.
You should be subscribing to the FOH Stonks Only Go Up newsletter. Our subscribers bought in at the bottom and made tendies on META.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes you may end up wishing you had those shares
Jamie Dornan Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Britain is pretty much going full court on this, telling its people to stop demanding money and just accept being poors. That just won’t work in reality. If people can’t afford to live decent lives, they’ll change their situation. Two years ago, 10$ an hour was a good starting wage for a kid in Texas, now you can barely scrape the barrel if you only offer 18$ starting, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see places start offering 20$. in this market you can just charge more to make up for it and everyone will pay more. We’re entering the worst kind of inflationary cycle, and it’s going to very suddenly get ugly at some point I think. It could be a decade away or much sooner. Economies can simmer in a bad situation for a long time before things suddenly go tits up. And even when they do, it’s not the end of the world if you don’t put all your money in one basket.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon and Intel both double beats.

INTC Reports Q1 -$0.04 v -$0.16e, Rev $11.7B v $11.1Be
AMZN Reports Q1 $0.31 v $0.25e, Rev $127.4B v $124.4Be

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aww shit intel broke its streak of like 10 shit ERs.
Doesn't seem to matter. Dumped the entire move and now trading lower than market close.

- Guides Q2 -$0.04 v $0.00e
- Gross margins (non-GAAP) 38.4% v 53.1% y/y

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users