Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is NVDA finally starting to roll over? Still holding those NVDS calls.
It's definitely trending down. Would be nice to see it close below 440 to break below its current highs and set a new lower low. From there, there's only about 2 months of support between 420 and 300.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, if you look at the charts, its almost identical with QQQ, which tells me its really only being carried by the indexes right now.

1690989960280.png

1690989984747.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It's definitely trending down. Would be nice to see it close below 440 to break below its current highs and set a new lower low. From there, there's only about 2 months of support between 420 and 300.
And we just broke 440.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Looking at SPAXX, it has a 42bps expense ratio. Is that return after expenses?

Yea that expense ratio is nuts

If this is investment money you don't need access too why not just right to the feds to buy from the treasury directly?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Now I feel bad I didn't get this posted a few days ago, been hectic.
View attachment 484980
So as I recall your reasoning on entering this trade, you were hoping that the runup would continue, but there was more opportunity in the small cap index because things like QQQ and SPY didn't have as much room left to run. Your price target was in the 210-ish range. Since IWM hasn't gotten there and you decided to cut bait, does this mean you're seeing signs that the rest of the market has topped as well and it's pullback time?

I've been seeing various prognosticators talk about all the bad signs in the economy at large for several months now. And not the ZH type guys either, or at least I don't think they're ZH type guys. Heresy financial's vids I watch on a semi-regular basis, for instance. So I guess the question is, do you think the stock market is finally going to start to be affected by all the bad signs we're seeing in the real economy and we're heading down or are we a ways off yet?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So as I recall your reasoning on entering this trade, you were hoping that the runup would continue, but there was more opportunity in the small cap index because things like QQQ and SPY didn't have as much room left to run. Your price target was in the 210-ish range. Since IWM hasn't gotten there and you decided to cut bait, does this mean you're seeing signs that the rest of the market has topped as well and it's pullback time?

I've been seeing various prognosticators talk about all the bad signs in the economy at large for several months now. And not the ZH type guys either, or at least I don't think they're ZH type guys. Heresy financial's vids I watch on a semi-regular basis, for instance. So I guess the question is, do you think the stock market is finally going to start to be affected by all the bad signs we're seeing in the real economy and we're heading down or are we a ways off yet?
I had a post planned the day of and just didnt get to it. I felt like Monday's action felt rather toppy and the overhead resistance was pointing towards some degree of corrective action. Selling was more out of trying to generate some alpha than out of fear. It needed to breakout and run from 198 and it didn't, so I felt there was a decent enough chance I could maybe reenter around 193 depending on the character of the correction.

I see all the negative to and what I tried to convey since the winter is that the price action was positive despite the troubling back drop and I always follow those signs more than my perception of fundamentals.

As far as troubling signs in the data the worst I see right now is signs of trouble building in credit spreads, the market will come under some stress now with this selling so I want to watch some cracks to see how they behave. This could be a 2-3 day blip or maybe a couple week corrective period.

The movement we have seen in rates continuing higher doesn't correspond well with the bullish narrative.

I'm still holding my healthcare play which is nicely green in a down tape. I'm holding TLT still which is not good I'm down a few percent already, as mentioned waitng for the 103 signal would have been safer. Still in a very bearish chart pattern.

Today is not a run for the hills moment. This is positioning, if positioning fails and declines spread across allocations that is when we can maybe get some "fear" selling.

• 2Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I had a post planned the day of and just didnt get to it. I felt like Monday's action felt rather toppy and the overhead resistance was pointing towards some degree of corrective action. Selling was more out of trying to generate some alpha than out of fear. It needed to breakout and run from 198 and it didn't, so I felt there was a decent enough chance I could maybe reenter around 193 depending on the character of the correction.

I see all the negative to and what I tried to convey since the winter is that the price action was positive despite the troubling back drop and I always follow those signs more than my perception of fundamentals.

As far as troubling signs in the data the worst I see right now is signs of trouble building in credit spreads, the market will come under some stress now with this selling so I want to watch some cracks to see how they behave. This could be a 2-3 day blip or maybe a couple week corrective period.

The movement we have seen in rates continuing higher doesn't correspond well with the bullish narrative.

I'm still holding my healthcare play which is nicely green in a down tape. I'm holding TLT still which is not good I'm down a few percent already, as mentioned waitng for the 103 signal would have been safer. Still in a very bearish chart pattern.

Today is not a run for the hills moment. This is positioning, if positioning fails and declines spread across allocations that is when we can maybe get some "fear" selling.
So what you're saying is... BUY ALL THE SQQQ's!!1!11!!!!!!!eleven
:trollface:

Shitposting out of the way, what was the health care play you're in again? I don't remember that one. Unless it's the UNH dip-buy that Sanrith mentioned a while back.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SoFi is %4.50 as of this morning's email.
Know if they make you reopen an account if you were in at 4.4? Local bank that I'm ditching was kinda dicking me around with that rather than just updating my account.

Course that's my problem with places like SOFI, no rate lock of any type, so in 6 months they could drop it back to relatively shit rates no?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Know if they make you reopen an account if you were in at 4.4? Local bank that I'm ditching was kinda dicking me around with that rather than just updating my account.

Course that's my problem with places like SOFI, no rate lock of any type, so in 6 months they could drop it back to relatively shit rates no?
The competition in the online savings account market is pretty tough. As long as the Fed rates stay high, everyone's going to stay above 4%.

SoFi does dynamically adjust interest rates, it's not like the Citibank or Capital One money market accounts that often have introductory/promo rates that are fixed and then you're forced to open a new account.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The competition in the online savings account market is pretty tough. As long as the Fed rates stay high, everyone's going to stay above 4%.

SoFi does dynamically adjust interest rates, it's not like the Citibank or Capital One money market accounts that often have introductory/promo rates that are fixed and then you're forced to open a new account.
Similiarly, was interesting local bank chain was offering better rates for specific branches. Though now I think that was trying to improve portfolio before a year later they sold those branches to a shitty big state credit union who's offerings are garbage. I asked about staying with them and just using their Tulsa branch. Nope, I'd have to close my account and open a brand new one (and change all my routing etc etc bs)

So said fuck em and working on doing a small cash balance at a different local chain and moving to SOFI I guess. Old man fudd here, going to be first time linking accounts between banks or whatever.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Similiarly, was interesting local bank chain was offering better rates for specific branches. Though now I think that was trying to improve portfolio before a year later they sold those branches to a shitty big state credit union who's offerings are garbage. I asked about staying with them and just using their Tulsa branch. Nope, I'd have to close my account and open a brand new one (and change all my routing etc etc bs)

So said fuck em and working on doing a small cash balance at a different local chain and moving to SOFI I guess. Old man fudd here, going to be first time linking accounts between banks or whatever.
SoFi Relay lets you view all your credit card balances, investment and retirement balances, etc, all in the same app, and transfer money between all your checking and savings accounts.

• 2Like