Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Can you give some examples of high inflation in the last 12 months? Most prices had already climbed quite high prior to 12 months ago
Plenty of inflation in the fast food thread.

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Took a starter position in the King of the Boomer Stocks (MMM). They have some issues (mainly on the expense side as their SGA costs are out of whack) but these are fixable. They have been paying down debt (only about 2x LTD to EBITDA) and still have a solid positive cash flow. Revenue is pretty flat but its a value company. Its currently at a 6.3% dividend yield so it only needs 4% stock price appreciation a year to beat the S&P return.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MSFT working on red day #7. Gotta go back a few years to find the last time this happened if they end up closing red.

1695660565283.png

• 1Diamond Hands

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Took a starter position in the King of the Boomer Stocks (MMM). They have some issues (mainly on the expense side as their SGA costs are out of whack) but these are fixable. They have been paying down debt (only about 2x LTD to EBITDA) and still have a solid positive cash flow. Revenue is pretty flat but its a value company. Its currently at a 6.3% dividend yield so it only needs 4% stock price appreciation a year to beat the S&P return.

Followed ye.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Dont expect anything crazy out of it. Its a park and collect dividends sort of play. They need to cut their SG&A expenses and I am willing to wait and see if they do it.
I'm all about this kind of play for the time being.

Also, looks like ALB was a dead cat bounce a few weeks back and you were right. Ah well.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dont expect anything crazy out of it. Its a park and collect dividends sort of play. They need to cut their SG&A expenses and I am willing to wait and see if they do it.
It feels like a good target for the 2600 sitting in cash in my ROTH right now.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My house is a cookie cutter of the house that just sold for 300k, only difference between that house and mine is my garage has 75% of it converted to living space with AC and heating turned into a spare bedroom/man cave. Nearly 100k increase in price in a single year, that house is 5 houses down from me.
And in Colorado that house would probably be 400 or so.