Investing General Discussion

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably I don’t know the market there, but a near 100k price increase in a year seems really fucking confusing.
We went from 250 in 2015 to 520 in 2021.

Suppose it's not as fast but double still in a scant few years. Most of that was the last 3.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Dont expect anything crazy out of it. It’s a park and collect dividends sort of play. They need to cut their SG&A expenses and I am willing to wait and see if they do it.

I actually need less active trades.

I’ve actually been considering getting a broker just so I don’t touch my shit.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

You don't need a broker, you need a dog. You train him to bite you if you log onto the trading site.
Way cheaper than a % of your stuff too!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You don't need a broker, you need a dog. You train him to bite you if you log onto the trading site.
Way cheaper than a % of your stuff too!

Reset your brokerage account and registered email passwords to some random garbage you can't remember. Problem solved!

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Just pay us half of what you would pay a broker. You will make up that cost by not having trades that suck (unlike the ones a broker would make).

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually just need to write down some rules that work for me.
If you don’t have your own trade rules, definable trade plays, and strict trade management / risk management rules that you abide by, you shouldn’t be active investing / day trading whatsoever. You’re merely timing the market at best and gambling at worst.

Throw it in an index and make better use of your spare time!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Am I missing something? It was green for about 5 minutes and has been red...again...the rest of the open.

Up less than 2% YTD.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought some TLT this morning, this is a bearish outlook hedge. If fear actually starts coming in here, could catch a bid. I sold XLV which is actually a decent hold in a down tape in that it will outperform (doesn't mean green just it will hold up better than SPY) . I have a small gain on this and I'm just getting ready to align myself to take advantage of other opportunities that could present.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added a little bit of AAPL at the long term support line. It has been bouncing off this line for months so I am adding. A MSFT add could be possible soon if things keep deteriorating.
Started a position of LMT at $408. It could fall further so am positioning for a possible add. This is the last name to round out my Defense stocks.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Am I missing something? It was green for about 5 minutes and has been red...again...the rest of the open.

Up less than 2% YTD.
It was green when I wrote it. I was commenting that IWM was green while the other indexes were red. Just got back to my desk form client meetings and saw the market was puking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Supply and demand is hard bro. Give him a break.

It is also a good cross between this and the post you made in the housing thread about all the red tape and how much it added to your build.

Edit: And this. Anyway, to your point, this is why I say anyone can manage their own money. At least, anyone capable of having enough to invest (meaning you're not a retard like 70% of the population). Why pay an idiot to skim 1-2% off the top and give you results worse than the market?

Thanks for posting that, it's something I've been wondering for a while.

After saving for what feels like my entire life I bought my first house a few years ago. It's something like 3100sqft with a full finished basement. 3.5 baths. Backs up to a wooded area. Even four years later it still feels wayy to big for my family of four. We mostly bought it for the neighborhood it's in and if there was a 1500sq ft, 2bath house in this neighborhood for a reduced cost I'd probably have preferred it.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks for posting that, it's something I've been wondering for a while.

After saving for what feels like my entire life I bought my first house a few years ago. It's something like 3100sqft with a full finished basement. 3.5 baths. Backs up to a wooded area. Even four years later it still feels wayy to big for my family of four. We mostly bought it for the neighborhood it's in and if there was a 1500sq ft, 2bath house in this neighborhood for a reduced cost I'd probably have preferred it.

All that extra space comes in handy for all those foot pedals in the gaming room though

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We went from a 2100 sqft for just my wife and I to about 1500 sqft here in Florida. We felt like we had a ton of wasted space in the bigger house, but now we also think 1500 is a bit smaller than we want (although this is partially because it's hard to have company over in 1500 sqft). If we get another house, we'll probably go 1700-1800ish.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We went from a 2100 sqft for just my wife and I to about 1500 sqft here in Florida. We felt like we had a ton of wasted space in the bigger house, but now we also think 1500 is a bit smaller than we want (although this is partially because it's hard to have company over in 1500 sqft). If we get another house, we'll probably go 1700-1800ish.

1800-2000 is the sweat spot - and oh how I loath the modern designs where they put in some sort of large "sitting area" waste of space near the entrance to houses. Like 3-400 sq foot of just complete waste that could have been used towards larger kitchen/living rooms or another bedroom in the design. Drives me fucken bonkers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users