Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cybertruck prices just posted on the website.

1701377593197.png

• 1Tiresome
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
320 mile range on a $100k vehicle. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Only reason I wanted a cybertruck was bc I figured they'd have more range.
"We're making a new EV truck!"
"Oh yeah? What kind of features we talking?"
"Well it's going to look like it was designed in Minecraft!"
"Niiii... wait, wat??"
"It's also going to be an EV so you'd be nuts to take it offroad more than 50 miles from your house!"
"So you're telling me to buy a generator to go with this thing for camping..."
"It's also got so little range that going that 50 miles with a load and running things like the heater or the AC is going to be impossible on 1 charge!"
"...."
"So what kind of Cybertruck can we put you down for sir?"
"A Toyota."

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
320 mile range on a $100k vehicle. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

About what I expected tbh. Big EVs are not pretty mathematically, and it gets much worse as you push the square-cube law. Why I pretty much just laugh at any company saying they want to do EV semi trucks. It aint happening unless they want to haul virtually nothing short distances compared to an actual Semi truck.

They need some tech breakthroughs first.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
About what I expected tbh. Big EVs are not pretty mathematically, and it gets much worse as you push the square-cube law. Why I pretty much just laugh at any company saying they want to do EV semi trucks. It aint happening unless they want to haul virtually nothing short distances compared to an actual Semi truck.

They need some tech breakthroughs first.
SOLAR ROADWAYS

• 1EyeRoll

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

Wait till you hear how much range you get while towing…

Numbers look cool on paper though. 🤷‍♂️

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Long term hodlr here. Currently hodling fxaix. I’m interested in hodling something more oriented around tech for longer period of time. Maybe QQQM? QQQM seems to be less expense for long term hodling. Also stumbled on QQQJ and it peaked my interest. I get the idea it’s 101-200 companies. Curious of people’s thoughts on it for long term hodling. Not super concerned with potential volatility .

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Blazin and SD - “Foler don’t trade unless you spend significant amounts of time educating yourself on trading over the next few years. Invest in S&P tracking index fund and hodl.”

Foler - “Yeah that’s sage wisdom. FXAIX it is”

Foler this morning - “damn that GGE is looking HOT right now”

Must resist urge

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are boomer stonks going way out of line of the S&P.

You know it pains me to engage in the why game but to answer your question the DOW strength is a result of economic strength. Big Tech strength is a "let's Hide here" trade. Days where investors have data or are feeling like the economy is on stronger footing you'll see more concentrated dow str
Further on this, value / dividend stocks were getting beaten up also due to Treasuries. Why put in underlying capital risk for a 3-4% dividend stock when you could buy a 6mo-2yr treasuries paying 5% - 5.5% with zero downside risk whatsoever? Yields have cooled off now, so there's been a resurgence in value and dividend paying stocks. Add on this what Blazin said about funds hiding out in tech previously, now if this bull thesis plays out, we should see a broadening participation in the rally. If its only tech while everything else lags / sells, that wouldn't be healthy at all. So, for now, hopes are on for a broad market rally and investors have scooped up some beaten down value / divvy names.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Further on this, value / dividend stocks were getting beaten up also due to Treasuries. Why put in underlying capital risk for a 3-4% dividend stock when you could buy a 6mo-2yr treasuries paying 5% - 5.5% with zero downside risk whatsoever? Yields have cooled off now, so there's been a resurgence in value and dividend paying stocks. Add on this what Blazin said about funds hiding out in tech previously, now if this bull thesis plays out, we should see a broadening participation in the rally. If its only tech while everything else lags / sells, that wouldn't be healthy at all. So, for now, hopes are on for a broad market rally and investors have scooped up some beaten down value / divvy names.
Or, alternative view. Techs has another week of green and then their massive buybacks go into the black zone. I'm curious how much of this run is being influtny their buybacks.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blazin and SD - “Foler don’t trade unless you spend significant amounts of time educating yourself on trading over the next few years. Invest in S&P tracking index fund and hodl.”

Foler - “Yeah that’s sage wisdom. FXAIX it is”

Foler this morning - “damn that GGE is looking HOT right now”

Must resist urge
Best advice, allocate a very very small amount of cash to a brokerage account and indulge the life of a trader. Make sure it's money you can afford to lose. Trading on paper is one thing, but there really isn't a substitute for doing it with your own actual Benjamins.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
THey stopped me out but I think I may re enter, just keeps looking like to me that IWM is going to have a monster breakout day here soon. A full 200d rejection could hurt quickly. Tough spot.

..edit I did buy it right back...

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
THey stopped me out but I think I may re enter, just keeps looking like to me that IWM is going to have a monster breakout day here soon. A full 200d rejection could hurt quickly. Tough spot.

..edit I did buy it right back...
cost me 0.50 getting flipped out but it's running now.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Screenshot 2023-12-01 100512.png

I want to emphasize some of these details of trading at times. Less experienced blazin would have been hesitant to jump right back into trade. A spike lower before a run is normal. So in the moment it's hard to tell a failure from a stop a run, the mistake people make is when the market shows you in hindsight to leave the emotional baggage and act on what your seeing. Do I like that they cost me .50, no of course I don't but IF the trade works and I sell this thing in the 190s I won't give two shits that it cost me .50. It's hard getting winning trades but they are worth fighting for. This is not one yet but trying to share the psychology and actions it takes to get there. It's a lot of challenges and bumps all fighting to be in the right position for a win.

This continues to be a tough trade, whether it succeeds or fails in the end will do my best to show how I manage that. I'm coming off some big wins that tends to make me gun shy but I can't ignore this set up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Tendies
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Now it's at these moments you wonder should i have done 5000 shares instead of 1000
Screenshot 2023-12-01 104954.png

Not that making a few thousand dollars is my goal, if I was day trading I'd be trailing tight right now. I want $20-30k out of this if it works because I have found hitting a handful of really good trades/setups a year works better for me overall then daily grind of trying to build it it $500-1000 at a time. You take too many lesser set ups under that scenario. About a buck more and I'm going to start protecting it some with a trailing stop. My normal rule is non SPY or QQQ trades are limited to $250,000. I have debated if IWM should be in a bucket that allows for a higher maximum. Years of it's under performance has kept me from that

I tend to do
<$800k SPY/QQQ
<$250k Other broad index not big cap
<$100k High quality Individual Names
$30k Low quality speculative

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Tendies
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users