Investing General Discussion

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
Newbie stock TWG is best of the day from the open right now, and looking like it has someplace to go.

You see where it's recently BEEN, right?

Q: If it makes new highs above 5.50, how much potentially open sky do you want?
A: Yes.

More specifically,

Investor answer: What's the P/E and forward earnings outlook? Let me do some research and I'll get back to you.

Trader answer: New highs! Tight stop loss! Let's fucking go!

1713545062506.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UNH double beat and reaffirms to a slightly higher EPS for 2024. I had set my expectations at 15% above the $440 price over the next 12 months. That would be a $506 price target. Stock is up over 7% pre-market on earnings to $477. More than halfway to my price target with 51 weeks to go.

View attachment 524926
UNH hit the 15% upside ($505) this morning from the $440 purchase price I was discussing last week. Bottomed at $436 on 4/12 and up 15.8% in 5 trading days.

1713545506294.png

• 3Like
  • 1To the Moon!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
Investor: I have those P/E numbers now, and I like TWG above 3.00...

Oh, damn...

Maybe I'll buy just before earnings next time, and average down if they're bad. That sounds good.

1713546942137.png

• 1Like

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
I'm sure you won't mind posting the trades and gains from your actual account.
You think I care about your absurd emotional needs for a higher level of "proof" that could also easily be fabricated? One that you'll probably say WAS fabricated to maintain your oppositional position to salve your fragile ego?

No, thanks.

If you can't use reason to see when an alternative has merit, that's your problem.

And, if you need to be spoon-fed, hire yourself a nanny.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I defended Folgers when people were critical of him posting in this thread. Because he's shown that he atleast recognizes boundaries.

You two might actually be retarded.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You think I care about your absurd emotional needs for a higher level of "proof" that could also easily be fabricated? One that you'll probably say WAS fabricated to maintain your oppositional position to salve your fragile ego?

No, thanks.

If you can't use reason to see when an alternative has merit, that's your problem.

Maybe you can cool down in the gaming section for a couple of days before you actually get your privileges to post here revoked.

If you're bragging about profits, there's an expectation for your to post the actual trades. And if you don't want to get called out on it, don't brag about your tendies. This isn't the place to flex unverifiable bullshit. And it's fine if you don't like it, but you def won't last if you keep it up.

You're new here, so I'm sure people are willing to be nice about it in the short term.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin you had talked about implementing the show profit or take a ban rule a while back.

Fantastic time to roll this feature out. At least for this thread.

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>

No, thanks.

Here's a general tip for your FOH forum posting future. If you get positive reactions from the two biggest trolls on the forum, you're fuckin' up.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
I'll say this slowly for all you slow people.

Everything. Can. Be. Faked.

IF. You. Can't. Find. Value. In. What. I. Have. Offered. That's. Your. Limitation.

I. Am. Not. Bothered.

But. Act. Like. A. Dick. To. Me. And You. Will. Get. The. Shaft.

It. Matters. Who. Starts. Things.

We all clear now?

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Let's Go Brandon!
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande

IF. You. Can't. Find. Value. In. What. I. Have. Offered. That's. Your. Limitation.

I. Am. Not. Bothered.

We all clear now?

Who bitch this is?

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

ExGladius

Potato del Grande
I defended Folgers when people were critical of him posting in this thread. Because he's shown that he atleast recognizes boundaries.
Yeah, the guy who started it with me wants some "boundaries" respected after he can't reach completion.

Tell you what. I can call a truce and press a reset button with everyone from my end. My point has been made effectively and well, which is how I do most things, and we can all be friends.

You watch your Ps and Qs and I'll watch mine.

See, now isn't that better? Respect all around. Unlike what I've been handed since I arrived.

Lots of ways to do things in this world. Peace, love and financial brotherhood (no fucking communism, though)! It's a new age! Hallelujah.

• 1Picard

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I. Am. Not. Bothered.

We all clear now?

Gonna have to give this man a gaming weekend.

• 1EyeRoll